Create your own MeCCG cards with MSE plugin

Anything MECCG related that doesn't fit in another forum.
The Global Players List is located here.
Makinal

Guys I cant install the font files, I didnt have this problem before. any sugestions? the system says that is not a valid font file, but if I double click on them it opens normally
panotxa

Sorry to respawn the thread...

I'm trying to change the flavour text size but there's no way... I've changed the style but it looks like the card text size is always the same as the flavour text size... Any ideas?

Btw, if I change the default text of the Home site or the Art by, can I update any existing project with the new defaul text? If I created 50 cards with a default "Art by" and I want a different sentence, only the new cards get that one.

Thank you!
the JabberwocK
Ex Council Chairman

Is this project still being used/supported/worked on?

Appears nobody is around to answer questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

Sure what do you believe we do on GCCG SVN all year. !?
the JabberwocK
Ex Council Chairman

Thanks for your PM Vastor.

I made the above comment because I haven't used GCCG yet and the previous 2 posts above mine on this thread did not receive an answer....so I thought maybe this project was dead.

Thanks for contacting me and clearing things up. =)
Kjeld

On another thread (viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1228), karmi posted:
By the way,

The plugin can produce just as fine results as Photoshop with minor modifications. All we need is good enough blanks (background images). This is however a major work, especially so if you also make blanks for every new DC card type.

Making blanks includes scanning pictures with high resolution, aligning the scans properly (i.e. the upper left corner of each text field must be at the same coordinates in similar card layouts) blanking scans (erasing text etc.) and then creating/drawing any new DC backgrounds.

Any volunteers?
Did anything ever happen with this? I opened up the MSE plugin files, and found that it's still using very low resolution for the base card frames -- 420 x 590 jpg.

Are there high-resolution frames available that would be suitable for printing? Something on the order of 740 x 1040 would translate to 300 PPI for good quality printing.

If there aren't high quality frames available, I would be willing to make them if someone can provide me with high-quality scans of each card type to begin with.
Kjeld

So I played around with the mse data files to see how hard it is to make new card templates, and it turns out it's not too difficult. Just requires some trial-and-error to re-position the text fields and symbols.

I made card templates for Elf-lords and Fallen Elf-lords for a set of custom cards I'd like to print for playing ARDA, based on those that are in the SVN folder with a few modifications of my own. (The templates are taken from the Firstborn avatars). I've attached some example results for Galadriel and Fallen Cirdan; these are exported directly from MSE.

If there's interest, I may work on producing similar high-res card frames for the other card types (at least those that appear in the existing sets and First Folk). I can share the files if people would like as well.
Attachments
Galadriel.jpg
Galadriel.jpg (266.34 KiB) Viewed 10372 times
Círdan.jpg
Círdan.jpg (237.23 KiB) Viewed 10372 times
Kjeld

Here's what I've got for the hero character template (740 x 1040 pixels).
Attachments
Barliman Butterbur.jpg
Barliman Butterbur.jpg (272.58 KiB) Viewed 10364 times
Kjeld

Example of new avatar template for Alatar and Fallen Alatar.
Attachments
Wizard Alatar.jpg
Wizard Alatar.jpg (304.28 KiB) Viewed 10346 times
Fallen Wizard Alatar.jpg
Fallen Wizard Alatar.jpg (351.39 KiB) Viewed 10346 times
MadWelshWizard

Heya Kjeld!

Those cards look great at the higher resolutions! Do you have the blanks or MSE files to share?

Do you need scans of any types?

Craig
Kjeld

To use these same frames, just copy the MSE data files from this folder directly into the "data" folder in your Magic Set Editor 2 folder (write over everything).

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gk0xus35hifz ... POg0a?dl=0

If it's convenient, hi-res scans of the different types of hero resources -- item, faction, event, ally -- and hazards -- event, creature -- would be useful. The less text on the card, the better. I can make blanks from those easily enough.
MadWelshWizard

Awesome! Thanks Kjeld!

I've got complete METW, MELE, METD and MEWH so can sort those scans out for you. What resolution?

Craig
Kjeld

That would be great! At least 300ppi would be good, higher if you are able (no need to go higher than 600ppi).
Kjeld

Testing out a few minor changes to the templates. Big question -- how does it look to add a shadow effect to the MP and Prowess/Body figures?
Sam Gamgee.png
Sam Gamgee.png (915.08 KiB) Viewed 10211 times
Pallando.png
Pallando.png (893.1 KiB) Viewed 10211 times
Elrond.png
Elrond.png (769.71 KiB) Viewed 10211 times
Mordakai
Council Member

This templates are absolutely lovely. It would be nice if you could provide us with hi-res templates of the traditional hero/minion/stage resources, characters, etc. That would lead us to much better cards...
C'mon, not the Elves of Lindon AGAIN...

Return to “Odds, Ends & Hobbit Holes”