CoE Elections for Term 2011 - 2012

Anything MECCG related that doesn't fit in another forum.
The Global Players List is located here.
jhunholz
Ex Council Chairman

One last call...if anyone else would like to run for the next term of the CoE, please send me a PM or e-mail. If I haven't included your statement, and you'd like to include one, please PM or e-mail it to me and I will update the thread. Voting will begin 11/27/2011 and continue through 12/11/2011. Below are the candidates for the CoE (some statements are coming later):

Wolfgang Penetsdorfer:
Hello MECCG folks!

I am Wolfgang Penetsdorfer from Austria, a COE member since 03 – and I hope to continue.

My main goals and activities are:
- Lure of MECCG, the worlds biggest annual MECCG event (http://www.lureofmeccg.org).
- running an MECCG-specific online shop at http://www.eaglecard.org
- I try to connect MECCG players all over the world. Therefore I am keeping playerlists from
all countries.
- drawing the attention of all MECCG players to the COE Website. Thus I will start to
improve the homepage and add some more content.
- maintaining an MECCG specific newsletter.
- I am in favour of the enabling the COE to go a step further and start with moest rules
changes and errata in order to improve the game.

That’s what I am standing for. Thanks for confidence!

Christian Jentgens:
Since almost 10 years I'm running the Swiss Meccg Council, i.e. the Council of Moria. Though we're not more than 12 active players, and there are less and less throughout the years, we're having our regular events (sealed tounamants, nationals, special events).
In 2004 we organized the European Meccg championship, and some of us (like me), are participating in bigger events like worlds or the famous Lure!

Vastor Peredhil:
I believe as one of the most active players it is my duty to run again. I will continue to run DC development together with Eric and all others willing to help. I am in favor of maintaining UEPs (unofficial errata proposals) as well as creating errata officially made legal by our new council.

On top I will continue to help on GCCG and over little tweaks for it (eg. the standard errata for all cards actually on the cards within gccg, as well as DC errata within metwDC.bat for gccg)

I will continue to run DC events at all major meccg events I attend, as well as sending out my DCCD package to all events who wish to have a dc event as a side event (I just send 1/3 of the deck to Warsaw for Worlds (thanks to Wolfgang for taking them along)

I am also still mantaining registration at the Meccg.net forum (taking over for Wim, as he neglects it; sending most user to this forum, while doing their registration), but I would prefer to merge both forums again, so to not to loose the information from the other forum if possible, but having 2 active forums (even if 1 is only 10% of the activity is unneeded)

Karsten:
Hi folks,
my name is Karsten Gerland (aka Shapeshifter or beorning in GCCG) from Germany. I started playing MECCG in 1996 and stopped again in 1998 due to a lack of players in my area. In 2004 I got back into the game and since then I frequently attend LURE as well as some other tournaments (Worlds, European Championship, Nordic Cup and German Nationals). I have been organizing German Nationals for several times. I am a big fan of thematic play and even in big tournaments I try unusual and innovative decks. Of course I am also a dedicated Dream Card player.

Some of you might know my webpage (Fallen Gandalf’s Homepage) where I’m collecting all results of all more or less official MECCG tournaments ever.

In the Council of Elrond I will stand up for a few moderate errata or rules changes if this could help making the game even more enjoyable for a majority of the community. I wouldn’t like to see many of such changes, though, because too many changes could cause confusion amongst not so frequent players or even frighten off people (well, most of us like the game as it is, at least more or less, don’t we?). I am quite good in rules questions and am current member/advisor of the NetRep team – well, it’s always good to know what you are talking about .
I would like to encourage people to try alternative game formats such as Dream Cards or Cool Play.
Moreover one of my aims in the council will be to help resurrecting national councils.

If you like my ideas I would be glad if you will vote for me.

Thanks,
Karsten

Marcos:
I want to re-run for CoE. Statement: same as always, help and support the community in everything i can.

Mikko:
I am Mikko Vihtemäki aka miguel/miguelII, and I've been playing MeCCG from the very beginning. I'm a member of the Finnish Council of Barad-dûr, I've organized events like Worlds, Nordic Cup and Finnish Nationals, and I'm the current rules NetRep for the Council of Elrond.

My goals, if elected, would be to help improve the game while staying as true to ICE legacy as possible, revive the tournament scene and bring the whole community even closer together.

Thanks!

Stefan:
Hello fellow MECCG-players!

I want to introduce myself to the voting community. My real life name is Stefan Fankel, on GCCG my nick is sfan. My MECCG life started last century when Markus (sauron1976) brought a starter deck and we played with one wizard per player and shared the characters as well es resources and hazards. After visiting LURE II the game was much clearer and I started collection cards. I play MECCG both on- and offline. Whenever my real life allowed it I went to big events like LURE, nation, european or world champion chips. I went there not to compete but to have fun and to enjoy the game. And this worked in all the cases. One big benefit of MECCG is that there will be no new editions and people have the chance to build decks with cards seldom used.
People are doing a great job with UEPs and DC. If you want to play with new cards feel free do so, but I will stick to the offical sets. Having fun and enjoying the game is what people should do whatever official or inofficial edition they use.
In the past I organized resp. helped organizing national and international MECCG events.

My agenda is
- serve and support the community
- keep the game alive
- work on rule changes and the development of the CoE
- maintain the official editions and cards (METW to MEBA) as official ones only

Thanks for your credit and trust,
Stefan

Dominic Kempf:
Hey community!
I am Dominic, better known as domse throughout the on- and offline community, from Heidelberg, Germany. I came to the game via gccg in 2007. I soon got hooked and was visiting all national and international events ever since. One of my priorities is to keep those events alive by analyzing the reasons for the low turnout, designing better events and help tournament organizers (I am also constantly looking for a venue to organize it myself). As a player I enjoy both competitive tournament play and more casual decks and am aware of the difference in play style. The most important task for the MECCG community in the near future is in my opinion to bring these two groups together at events, without trying to change the people and their way to enjoy the game. Vote for me!

Christoph:
I've been an MECCG-player from the early beginning of the game and it still is one of my favourites.
I am grateful to the CoE to keep the game alive, so I decided to volunteer as a CoE member candidate to support the team in one (or maybe) more areas. My specific interest would be
- support of game rules clarifications and simplifications and help creating/establishing a universal rulebook
- support organisation of tourneys and championships
- support the CoE team in its everyday work.
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

How many can we vote for, for the record?
The game is flawed, but this does not mean it cannot be loved.
jhunholz
Ex Council Chairman

You can cast up to 8 votes, which will be tallied up at the conclusion of the election. The 8 candidates receiving the most votes will join the Chairman the new Council.
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

Hey dude, I am still waiting for some of you statements, also people should give full names and nicks to make it easier for all to recognize who they are

Nicolai Willinek aka Vastor Peredhil
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

voting term has started and I like to have all statements in here so all can decide on what and whom we are voting!
thorondor
Ex Council Chairman

Vastor Peredhil wrote:voting term has started and I like to have all statements in here so all can decide on what and whom we are voting!
acutally i have changed the date and delayed the voting by one week. i wanted to send out a message first. unfortunately i have been away for a week.
marcos
Council Member

lol, i already voted :lol:
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Me, too.
The game is flawed, but this does not mean it cannot be loved.
Sfan
Ex Council Member

edit: i have cut/paste stefan´s statement into the initial posting.
Shapeshifter
Ex Council Member

Mod note: Updated
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

Seems voting has started in earnest, so please all guys who come here should vote!

this is how democracy works ;)

yours all Vastor Peredhil aka Nicolai
jhunholz
Ex Council Chairman

Voting for the CoE's next session has concluded. A total of 17 people cast votes for candidates. The top 8 are your new Council of Elrond:

Dominic Kempf 16
Vastor Peredhil 15
Marcos 15
Wolfgang Penetsdorfer 14
Karsten 12
Mikko 12
Christian Jentgens 11
Christoph 9

Stefan 8
Sfan
Ex Council Member

Congrats to the "new" members of the CoE.
Taurelin

The crownless again shall be king...

Congratulations!
"My sky is darker than thine!"
SENTENCED - 1993
domse
Ex Council Member

Hey, I am "new" to the council :D
Thanks to the 17 who voted and shame on the rest! And thanks for the overwhelming trust :D

Return to “Odds, Ends & Hobbit Holes”