As a newly elected member of the council I have

Anything MECCG related that doesn't fit in another forum.
The Global Players List is located here.
Goblin King

Hello everyone,
Ok so it wasn't a huge deal being elected, but I feel it is important to report back to my constituents periodically. :D
So, since being elected, I've played one game of MECCG. :oops:
BUT I've used by spare cards to create one massive ARDA game set, one copy of the MECCG Euro style game from Boardgame Geek and one copy of the other ME boardgame from Boardgame Geek. There are many, many board game meet up gatherings in my area aid armed with these tools, I hope to lure people into this game or back into this game.
Also on my agenda is getting a MECCG game on the program for a convention in November in Sacramento. It will be a challenge deck event.
I would also like, between now and then, journey once to Sunnyvale and play with the only other regular MECCG players I know. I wouldn't be opposed to picking up someone along the way in Berkeley or Oakland, so let me know if you are out there and we can plan and do it.
Finally I have a question. I know someone pretty high up at FFG and I'm wondering if anyone has previously approached them about returning this game to publication. It may not be possible in its current form. But this game is only two steps away from being a combined boardgame/card game and I think I understand how that transition can occur. FFG holds the license for Lord of the Rings and are doing a fine job with it. But Middle Earth is a big place and they have several games based upon it. It gives me hope. If you have gone to FFG on this topic I'd be interested to hear what they said, if anything.
That's all I have for now.
thorondor
Ex Council Chairman

Goblin King wrote: Finally I have a question. I know someone pretty high up at FFG and I'm wondering if anyone has previously approached them about returning this game to publication.
i did. i also know some at FFG, being in contact with them all the time.
Goblin King wrote: But this game is only two steps away from being a combined boardgame/card game and I think I understand how that transition can occur. FFG holds the license for Lord of the Rings and are doing a fine job with it. But Middle Earth is a big place and they have several games based upon it. It gives me hope. If you have gone to FFG on this topic I'd be interested to hear what they said, if anything.
they promised me to discuss it, but i never heard anything back. imo it would fit perfectly into their line of game in middle-earth. why not making another LCG? there is the LOTR which is focused on Multiplayer, adding ME LCG to the map would cover the 1:1 region.
and FFG has shown that they are quite good at revitalizing old games (netrunner).

i also told them that they could rely on an already exisiting enthusistic and devoted player community - also very similar to Netrunner.

just go and contact the one whoever it is. maybe it helps if there are more similar voices!
Goblin King

Thanks Thorondor! Yes, I agree they need to hear it again.

Return to “Odds, Ends & Hobbit Holes”