The black-bordered Twilight cards in the Balrog sets

Anything MECCG related that doesn't fit in another forum.
The Global Players List is located here.
henrikbe

Hi,

I've decided to sell parts of my collection on eBay, starting with the Balrog set. Going through all the cards to make sure everything was in there, I noticed I only had 2 Twilight-cards (grey-bordered), whereas the card lists state there should be a total of 4 twilights. However, I found this thread stating that the Balrog sets actually contained 2 grey and 2 black-bordered twilights:

http://www.meccg.net/dforum/viewtopic.p ... 658ec89488

It looks like I didn't store the black-bordered Twilights together with the rest of my Balrog-cards, so before I sell I'll have to add the two missing twilights. So my question is: Are these black-bordered Twilight cards identical to the black-bordered Twilight cards from the Lidless Eye? That is, can I just replace the missing cards with Twilights from Lidless Eye, and then sell it as a complete set on eBay? Or is there some tiny difference in text or printing?
Henrik
Muzgash

Don't have my cards, but iirc the Balrog black bordered Twilights have a slightly different text than LE version.
henrikbe

Muzgash wrote:Don't have my cards, but iirc the Balrog black bordered Twilights have a slightly different text than LE version.
Yes, this is exactly what I feared. Now, if anyone has their Balrog cards at hand, I'd be very grateful to know exactly what this text difference is.
Henrik
stephanesteph

Text says :

Environment. One environment card ( in play or declared earlier in the same chain of effect ) is canceled and discarded. Twilight may also be played as a ressource, and may be played at any point during any player's turn. Note Twillight is a hazard otherwise.

From The Balrog's The Shadow deeps ( red box ).
henrikbe

Thanks a lot! Looks like the final sentence was added for the Balrog set, then. I just found two black-bordered with this card, so I guess my set is complete now.
Henrik

Return to “Odds, Ends & Hobbit Holes”