CardGameGeek - MECCG DB/Deckbuilding

Anything MECCG related that doesn't fit in another forum.
The Global Players List is located here.
CorumMc

Deck question.

Is there a way to export a deck beyond to GCCG? I'd like to be able to save a deck as a csv or pdf so that I have a local copy of my deck. The ability to print out a deck list makes building the actual deck easier, lets me hand off a list to my opponent, etc.

If the export to csv works than an Import option using that same csv format as a template would be a nice follow up though not as important.
CardGameGeek

Lake Town Geezer wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:56 pm Great web site.

Would like to see something on the different language sets/cards/promos.
Thank you!

My goal is to add all languages in time. But I have personal issue in adding cards that I do not have the scan of, even if low quality.
If anyone with full sets of cards other than english and is willing to scan them, I will gladly add them to the database.
As for me, I am still trying to finish the English set. Once done I will start scanning them all in HQ.

CorumMc wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:21 pm Deck question.

Is there a way to export a deck beyond to GCCG? I'd like to be able to save a deck as a csv or pdf so that I have a local copy of my deck. The ability to print out a deck list makes building the actual deck easier, lets me hand off a list to my opponent, etc.

If the export to csv works than an Import option using that same csv format as a template would be a nice follow up though not as important.
Right now, only collection can be imported/exported from CSV.
But indeed it's something that can be added. I'll make note of it.
Maybe if the purpose is printing a PDF would be nicer, but longer and more expensive to implement.
Right now for me it's all about priorities and money in adding up new features.
Also working in adding 3 new games, so I am pretty busy and developers wants to get paid... greedy people :P

Thorsten the Traveller wrote: After a short call with the responsible for the DC sets I had to remove, temporarily, all Virtual/DC/RW sets from the website.
I have to work out a few fixing to comply with their requirements and then they'll hopefully be back for view and deckbuilding
@Thorsten the Traveller: I put you in quote just to notify you ;)

@everyone: I added all virtual sets back into the Database, for everyone to enjoy building DC/RW decks or to simply browse through them.
Please note that adding them to collection/wishlist won't be allowed to avoid issue.
You can always find my MECCG Haves and Wants here.
Proud owner of cardgamegeek.com

In love with MECCG since 1995
DamienX207
Council Member

Hey CCG, really great work, & thanks so much for putting the time into this!

In terms of what would make your engine more generally useful for deck-building (though this might not be practical given your current framework), I'd be super stoked if your engine allowed for multiple search terms, similar to how Gatherer (for MTG) allows you to add or exclude multiple terms from each field -- http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Advanced.aspx
In other words, for example, allow user to search for text fields that include "influence check" AND "corruption check" but not necessarily right next to each other.

Another possibly implementation might be to have a checkbox option for "Non-sequential" i.e. engine returns all of the cards that have every one of the search words in selected fields but not necessarily in the inputted order (e.g. for above, it would return any cards that say "influence" AND "corruption" AND "check").
CardGameGeek

DamienX207 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:46 pm Hey CCG, really great work, & thanks so much for putting the time into this!

In terms of what would make your engine more generally useful for deck-building (though this might not be practical given your current framework), I'd be super stoked if your engine allowed for multiple search terms, similar to how Gatherer (for MTG) allows you to add or exclude multiple terms from each field -- http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Advanced.aspx
In other words, for example, allow user to search for text fields that include "influence check" AND "corruption check" but not necessarily right next to each other.

Another possibly implementation might be to have a checkbox option for "Non-sequential" i.e. engine returns all of the cards that have every one of the search words in selected fields but not necessarily in the inputted order (e.g. for above, it would return any cards that say "influence" AND "corruption" AND "check").
Hey Damien,

Sorry for the late reply but life wasn't nice with me lately... also very busy...

You totally got a point in your suggestion and I noted it among things to do in the future!

CCG Collector

I was checking out challenge decks that you had made on the site, but every time I clicked on a card in a decklist, I just got a blank popup with no information (besides the words "Rarity:", "Price:", and "Set:"). Is this something wrong on my end, or something you could look into?

I also get error pages when logging in or out, though when I navigate through the site afterward, I have been logged in or out as intended; it just doesn't seem that way at the time. I can get screenshots of any of these issues too, if that helps.
Middle Earth and other CCG unboxings, booster openings, and guides: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheCCGCollector
CardGameGeek

CCG Collector wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 2:14 am I was checking out challenge decks that you had made on the site, but every time I clicked on a card in a decklist, I just got a blank popup with no information (besides the words "Rarity:", "Price:", and "Set:"). Is this something wrong on my end, or something you could look into?

I also get error pages when logging in or out, though when I navigate through the site afterward, I have been logged in or out as intended; it just doesn't seem that way at the time. I can get screenshots of any of these issues too, if that helps.
Hi Thanks for reporting these issues.

As you might have noticed some updates have been made.

Deck visualization has now a new layout and revamped entirely, along the line of what Kjeld suggested back in the days.
This apply to all website.

On the Home page of each game now you'll see most popular cards (as used in more decks) and most wanted cards (As in more wishlist).
Also most rated and most watched decks. This should help everyone get a better feeling.

Now you'll also be able to share link directly or through Social channel for each card and deck.
Each card can now be searched directly on eBay, assuming there are any for sale ;)

Added deck types (Tournament winning deck, Dream Cards decks, etc) so it's easier to find exactly what you are looking for.

Also a lot of optimization behind the scene has been done, to prepare for the release of 3 new games.
A lot of code was bad written, and not well thought, hence with a great guy I found, we are reviewing most of the website logic.

The issues you mentioned should be now fixed, except for when you log out, but will get there very soon, hopefully by the end of today.

IMPORTANT : I think I will make a new post for it if ok for the Council, but I have just started a Patreon Campaign to support the website.
So if you like my website and want to contribute for as little as 1$ a month, your help would be extremely appreciated. Also you'l get rid of ADs and more depending on the Tier :D

Thanks everyone for using CardGameGeek!!!!

Yegor

Do you intend to add Unlimited cards?
CardGameGeek

I apologize for the delay but I am going through some crazy time.

Unlimited is currently already available in the database if that's What you meant.

Yegor

No offence, but that's not Unlimited. It's Limited in a (badly cropped) blue frame. [-me_cp-]
CardGameGeek

No offence taken. I am well aware of how the scans look, but I thought it was still better to have them as such as to not have them at all.

So back to your question, you meant if I was planning to add actual scans of the cards.
It was kinda vague otherwise since the set is in the dB even if the images are not great at all as you noticed.

Yes I plan to scan them myself as I already did for Challenge decks, Balrog.
I still have to finish SB Balrog and then next would be UL.
Sadly as of late spare time is very hard to come by and things won’t change for the better in the next month and half due to my work.

Still I hope to keep moving before then, and then bring everything to the website at once.

Hope this helps!

Yegor

Thanks for the reply.
CardGameGeek wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:19 pm No offence taken. I am well aware of how the scans look, but I thought it was still better to have them as such as to not have them at all.
So back to your question, you meant if I was planning to add actual scans of the cards.
It was kinda vague otherwise since the set is in the dB even if the images are not great at all as you noticed.
The main thing is not with the images, but with the differences of UL and Lim texts. I noticed it by chance, while clarifying the text of Ringlore. So, basically, at present the Unlim Ringlore has the text of the Lim Ringlore, which is misleading.

Still, thanks for the great work.
CDavis7M

Just posting to say that I have found the card database really useful. The search function works well. I'm very impressed with the scale. And just happy to have this resource available in 2018.

Return to “Odds, Ends & Hobbit Holes”