Do you have 'one card obsession' ... And why?

Anything MECCG related that doesn't fit in another forum.
The Global Players List is located here.
moorgull

Site cards- I love the site cards. I think what they did with the dark player sites was genius, taking it from the Nazgul's perspective. The original Barrow Downs, and dark player Bree are two favorites. The original Gundabad too.
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

Hero version of The Wind Throne.
I imagine an extravagance of ancient culture that was able and willing to build such object in hardly accessible place.
Just to give his king an option of watching a part of his kingdom from such perspective.
We will not speak of such things even in the morning of the Shire.
CDavis7M

Konrad Klar wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:39 pm Hero version of The Wind Throne.
I imagine an extravagance of ancient culture that was able and willing to build such object in hardly accessible place.
Just to give his king an option of watching a part of his kingdom from such perspective.
I always thought that it was the seat for binding prisoners of the Dark Enemy so they could look upon the lands where evil and despair shall come upon those whom they lovest. And never shalt they move from that place until all is fulfilled onto its bitter end.
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

CDavis7M wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:03 am
I always thought that it was the seat for binding prisoners of the Dark Enemy so they could look upon the lands where evil and despair shall come upon those whom they lovest. And never shalt they move from that place until all is fulfilled onto its bitter end.
Seem like I was a victim of some propaganda (spiced by cheap romanticism).
moorgull

Konrad Klar wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:55 am
I kinda think neither. The card itself is a hodge-podge. The quote on the Wind Throne is from the journey over Caradhras. But it is suppose to be in the Grey Mountain Narrows. Of the Narrows, I remember little except what Gandalf says in the Hobbit, about the area being filled with orcs, goblins and hobgoblins and all sorts of nasty things. So if there was such a "throne", I kinda lean toward a little mentioned race like either the Stone Giants, or unmentioned Dwarf tribe, whose lair was probably sacked by one of the dragons. The seat that Hurin? was bound to in the first age would now be under the sea.
Kjeld

The site was likely a result of needing an Information site in dragon country, and so they put together something vaguely thematic that obliquely references various elements of the lore. That said, I think it's pretty clearly heavily inspired by Hurin's imprisonment at the hands of Morgoth.
CDavis7M

I think we can all agree that a trip to the Throne has a high chance of turning out poorly for getting something as simple as "information"
Kjeld

CDavis7M wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:45 pm I think we can all agree that a trip to the Throne has a high chance of turning out poorly for getting something as simple as "information"
Only good things happen when travelling through dragon country.

... if you're the hazard player!
rezwits
Council Member

Yeah, well I just came here for some "similar" comedy...

So, I am playing, and I am on turn 1 and I have:

Crept Along Cleverly

I'll try to make this as brief and funny as possible, but:

Turn 1, Crept, hand size >8, discard? NOPE! (feeling Good!)
Turn 2, Crept, hand size >8, discard? NOPE! (feeling GOOD!)
Turn 3, Crept, hand size >8, discard? NO!!! (feeling Great!)
Turn 4, Crept, hand size >8, discard? NOPE! (feeling GREAT!)
Turn 5, Crept, hand size >8, discard? Still NO! (feeling Amazing!)
Turn 6, Crept, hand size >8, discard? NEVER! (feeling AMAZING!)
Turn 7, Draw a SECOND Crept, hand size >8, discard either? NOPE! (feeling AWESOME!)

now

Turn 8 I am going dang, is there gonna be a Dragon? hmm
I got two and it's like, hmm...
Turn 8, 2x Crept, hand size >8, discard 1? yeah ok 1! (feeling Amazing/OK I guess :P!)
Turn 9, 1x Crept, BOOM Dragon! (ahunt), there goes that freaking Crept, saying DAMN I should have kept the OTHER!!! ERG!

So tonight hours after the game, I asked myself that was kinda funny, I held on to the Crept like the whole game.
I said, SELF, do you have some kinda problem or something?

I said "YES YOU FOOL! A DRAGON PROBLEM!" A freakin 1 step in Southern or Northern Rhovanion and the whole company is WIPED the HELL OUT Problem!

By GOD it's just an Ahunt but still!

MORAL OF THE STORY
Dragons KILL "COMPANIES" DEAD.

Fetish? You better have a Crept in your hand!

[-me_wh-]
As of 4/3/21 4:03:21
my current rulings foundation is based on:
All of the rules and rulings found in these PDFs at:
https://cardnum.net/rules
If you have other collected rulings that are not
listed please feel free to email them or PM me...
Yegor

moorgull wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:02 pm
Konrad Klar wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:55 am

I kinda think neither. The card itself is a hodge-podge. The quote on the Wind Throne is from the journey over Caradhras. But it is suppose to be in the Grey Mountain Narrows. Of the Narrows, I remember little except what Gandalf says in the Hobbit, about the area being filled with orcs, goblins and hobgoblins and all sorts of nasty things. So if there was such a "throne", I kinda lean toward a little mentioned race like either the Stone Giants, or unmentioned Dwarf tribe, whose lair was probably sacked by one of the dragons. The seat that Hurin? was bound to in the first age would now be under the sea.
The Eotheod came from those parts, though, probably not from the mountains.

And the site entry in the Wizards Player Guide has this: "In the first days of the world, the Atani made circles and thrones of stone, monoliths placed high in mountain vales and dedicated to communion with Manwe, Lord of the Winds and chief of the Valar. Though the men who built them have long since died, these mystic ruins remain as (a) their legacy".
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

Return of the Shadow: Aden Scarlet's Medical Library

The card looks beautiful for me, but at the same time... globe representing the Earth seems odd.

Return to “Odds, Ends & Hobbit Holes”