Will of Sauron Artwork

Anything MECCG related that doesn't fit in another forum.
The Global Players List is located here.
rezwits
Council Member

I think I finally figured out the artwork on “The Will of Sauron” basically I used to wonder: Does Sauron have a body or not? or is he actually the LE? Well this is my take on the “The Will of Sauron” artwork. When I used to look at the artwork, I was like oh he’s (Angus) just putting the Burning Eye in the corner as kinda like a collage of all the “stuff going on” NOPE, to me NOW and Finally, that picture is Sauron aka the Necromancer somewhere in between Dol Guldur and Barad Dur, “Loosing his form and shape” but as he is loosing his form and shape he is molding his essence/will into the Lidless Eye Form. Basically he is sitting in his throne dying slowly but he is using his WILL to survive in a different form!

Finally I am happy with the Artwork 100% ( I mean I always kinda did, I was just like is the EYE like a logo? )

Laters...
As of 4/3/21 4:03:21
my current rulings foundation is based on:
All of the rules and rulings found in these PDFs at:
https://cardnum.net/rules
If you have other collected rulings that are not
listed please feel free to email them or PM me...
Lake Town Geezer

In MECCG there are quite a few representations of Sauron with a 'physical' presence - not least the Sauron card from the Balrog set. But also cards like Hendolen, for example, where I am guessing the robed guy on the steps is meant to be Sauron - note the lidless eye motif on the curtains.

Strictly from the books, Sauron only seems to have a physical presence as the Necromancer (as you say), but I guess they moved away from this for meccg. I dont really have a problem with it conceptually, as there are clearly things in meccg that are not from Tolkein's works (e.g. Kuduk lore).
Khamul the Easterling
Ex Council Member

Lake Town Geezer wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:12 pm In MECCG there are quite a few representations of Sauron with a 'physical' presence - not least the Sauron card from the Balrog set. But also cards like Hendolen, for example, where I am guessing the robed guy on the steps is meant to be Sauron - note the lidless eye motif on the curtains.
I always thought the cloaked figure in that picture was depicting a ringwraith...

Return to “Odds, Ends & Hobbit Holes”