Promo cards and misprints

Anything MECCG related that doesn't fit in another forum.
The Global Players List is located here.
Darksatin

nico21000 wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:42 pm I'm french and I absolutely never heard about a Merry/Fatty Bolger double sided card... I'm pretty sure it would be fake news. It's very unlikely to exist. Bolger was a promo, and Merry a 'late' print manufactured after Hexagonal saw it was missing in the wizards set (even if it has the crown promo logo on it). You could get as much Merrys as you sent Filis to Hexagonal. 2 different manufacturing lines, and I see no reason why one would have 'met' the other...
It was not a card. It was a double sided "paper" card (a supplement to a magazine).
If you sended this paper card to the french editor (Hexagonal), you received back a Merry and a Fatty Bolger card.
I do not have anymore this paper card. I sended it to Hexagonal.... :)
nico21000

Darksatin wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:18 pm It was not a card. It was a double sided "paper" card (a supplement to a magazine).
If you sended this paper card to the french editor (Hexagonal), you received back a Merry and a Fatty Bolger card.
Which magazine ? Not 'Lotus noir' or 'Dragon magazine' for sure, I would know. 'Casus Belli' maybe... ?
Darksatin

nico21000 wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:22 pm
Darksatin wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:18 pm It was not a card. It was a double sided "paper" card (a supplement to a magazine).
Which magazine ? Not 'Lotus noir' or 'Dragon magazine' for sure, I would know. 'Casus Belli' maybe... ?
I think it was Casus Belli...
Yegor

Thank you. Very interesting info.
Darksatin

Darksatin wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:25 pm
nico21000 wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:22 pm
I think it was Casus Belli...
Casus Belli "Hors Série" n°18....
http://jp.queill.free.fr/CCG/Listes/JCSA/L_JCSA_HC.php
Yegor

By the way, is there a difference between a Dutch Test of Form (a common card) and a Dutch Test of Form promo without the sign? I've looked at the promo with the sign, and there is no crown. Does the promo without the sign have the crown? Or some other thing to tell it from the ordinary card?
nico21000

The promo with no sign and no crown would basically be exactly identical to the 'regular' common card BUT it is sold 80+ € at mathom.es...
That's why I think only the promo version (with or without the sign nor crown) has the unique artwork from John Howe, while the regular common card should have the original art from Darryl Elliott. I own about 80 dutch cards but unfortunately not this one, so a dutch player may confirm this (or not).

Check the pdf at this adress for additional informations about misprints and promos :

Code: Select all

http://www.meccg.net/netherlands/meccg/downloads/meccg05high.pdf
Also, I played with templates and designed this fake card (that never existed in english) in order to have an overview of what it should look like. Original vs fake with promo dutch art :
Attachments
Test of Form.jpg
Test of Form.jpg (258.08 KiB) Viewed 10715 times
gollum51

I have checked my Dutch near set (only misisng 3 cards - if anyone has Morannon, Akhorahil and Khamul in Dutch ...). Nico is right. The common Dutch test of form has the original Darryl Elliott art.
Yegor

Thanks. Somehow I thought that the ToF promo would have the same pic as the ordinary card.
nico21000

I found (on a german site) a scan of the extremely rare Dutch promo 'Test of Form' without the 'In de Ban van de Ring' logo.
testofformG.jpg
testofformG.jpg (103.73 KiB) Viewed 4251 times
Last edited by nico21000 on Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yegor

Nice. Thanks.
nico21000

I'm working on a project 'still to be announced' and I'm actually seeing some misprints still unreferenced. Here's one, but rather than saying what's wrong, let's play a little game : it's up to YOU to tell what's wrong here ! :wink:

Edit : the quatrefoil is missing. Also, the description text frame is supposed to have a thin shadow on the left and bottom sides, as featured in the limited and unlimited editions of the game.
Attachments
ALATAR.jpg
ALATAR.jpg (394.73 KiB) Viewed 10512 times
Last edited by nico21000 on Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kjeld

Huh, it's missing the quatrefoil design which normally sits at the bottom of the lefthand bar, below where the mind and DI stats appear.
nico21000

Yes ! Congratulations, Kjeld.
nico21000

2 other obvious errors not yet reported :

Crown of Flowers : The 'Dark Minions' extension watermark is out of its place and plain white.

Glamour of Surpassing Excellance : Typo. 'ExcellAnce' with an 'A', really ? :lol:

I thought that the grey bordered reprints were supposed to avoid introducing new errors and fix the old ones... ? Unless it was specifically intended, but for what reason ? :?:
Attachments
CROWNGLAMOUR.jpg
CROWNGLAMOUR.jpg (291.38 KiB) Viewed 10441 times

Return to “Odds, Ends & Hobbit Holes”