One Map to Rule Them All

Anything MECCG related that doesn't fit in another forum.
The Global Players List is located here.
Liber1

So feast your eyes on this. I've been working on it for Arda matches.... more details forthcoming...
meccg map 2018 FINAL2019 9 22.jpg
meccg map 2018 FINAL2019 9 22.jpg (2.59 MiB) Viewed 3948 times
Yegor

Great map!
Do you have something similar but without DC sites?

vale of erIch should be vale of erEch
hadn-in-gwanur ->Haudh-in-Gwanur
urSurtsu nurn - > urLurtsu nurn
Liber1

Theres a long answer to that question involving 100s of layers and photoshop eating over 8gb of ram because the master file is 21,000 x 14,000 res. Some sites had to be flattened, I'm not exactly sure which. I've been quietly working on this in my free time for... 5 years.

Todd
CDavis7M

What a great resource. Thank you for sharing. We have also have a huge map for Arda but it does not include item playability.

Take a picture when you have it setup for Arda.

Here's my group's Arda map for size reference. It takes up an entire conference table.

Liber1

Once I've reached, ok... I'm really done editing it. I will be happy to do prints at 18" x 24" or 24" x 36". I have it printed at 24" x 36" and I sometimes like to just stare at it the master file is 1.3GB as a BMP 21,000 x 14,000 pixels. I'm not going to be posting high resolution because... I'm a pretty good map maker, I used to make them professionally. I put 100s of hours into tweaking and adjusting and fixing small details. I just dont want someone taking that work and charging people money for profit on the back of my work and resources that went into this.

I am working on an idea along the lines of the Arda rules floating around the internet.... I'm trying to put together 6 decks. Gandalf, Saruman, Radagast, Sauron, Balrog and Elrond decks that are built to not use agents, deck searching, rebuild the town and such. Just whoever wins by killing off their opponents, wins by One Ring or the first person runs out of cards and everyone counts MPs. Just dumbed down rules needs and easier to teach new players. On the bottom of the map are the key formulas for handling how things work so it's right in your face(I had the extra room due to the map being longer so... I put the summary of the main rules).

If any of this is of interest and you are interested, I've got ideas, but I think more brains are required to make this last stage of planning other than just mine could make a very cool way to get newer players into the game.

Todd
Liber1

I've been tweaking aspects of this map. I pulled most of the dream card locations. I left Helm's Deep, Amon Law, Osgilith, Coastal Signal Tower, The Carrock, Annuminas and Mount rerir. All these locations, other than Coastal Signal Tower, are all canonical. I left CST on mostly because it's got no site in that one region. I added Amon Anwar to the map as well. Tolkien used several names for this site, but it is a richly detailed location that really needed to be on the map.

I also am going over the rule summary stuff at the bottom. As I said, my end goal is to make a map that supports a board game version on MECCG. But I'm making it friendly to players as well.

I'm also trying to add more forces perspective and shadows and detail to the geography.

If anyone wants a high resolution print, I use office depot to print. I made it so I can print as high as 36" x 24". So you can see what they charge for printing options.

I should be posting the final version here in a few days.
Liber1

Last update: I'm 99% sure I'll post the last version of this map that has consumed lots and lots of hours. I have reworked the influencing formulas. They now take up the center three rows and are detailed as to who does what with each of the 5 different influences. I personally always have a hard time remembering them, so I'm sure new players will be asking questions. I think of the bottom of this map like a Dungeon Master screen, you know, all the charts for the stuff you cant keep in your head.

I also redid nearly every chart on the bottom.

I just need to make one more icon for Mind and add it in and then it should be done.

This will be the last revision I'm going to do. It's taken years to finish this project, and it just feels done finally. I'm sure there are still some errors, but as I said, this only reached this state because I'm an OCD person, just like every other successful CCG collector.

I would still love to get a couple of you to help make a board game version of middle earth using preconstructed decks and this map with streamlined Arda like rules. Not to try to replace MECCG, but as another way to play just to have fun.

Todd
Liber1

Made my mind icon. Hunted down a wandering direct influence (it was hanging out in mordor, go figure).

Presto... plus five years.
meccg map 2018 FINAL2019 9 22-Recovered.png
meccg map 2018 FINAL2019 9 22-Recovered.png (4.16 MiB) Viewed 3522 times

Return to “Odds, Ends & Hobbit Holes”