Favourite MECCG illustrations

Anything MECCG related that doesn't fit in another forum.
The Global Players List is located here.
Khamul the Easterling
Ex Council Member

What's your favourite illustrations in the game? I've made my personal Top 10 list recently, but it's hard to be exclusive. Anyway, would love to read about your favourites, too. My list is in alphabetical order.

Wizards
Balrog of Moria - Fellowship - Indûr Dawndeath - Orc-warriors - Saruman - Star-glass - Test of Lore - The One Ring - Vanishment - Wizard's River-horses

Dragons
Cruel Caradhras - Eärcaraxë Ahunt - Fast Asleep - Helm of her Secrecy - Hey, come merry dol - Shadow of Mordor - Stormcrow - Tharbad - Thor's Map - Wondrous Maps

Dark Minions
An Unexpected Party - Crown of Flowers - Fate of the Ithil-Stone - Like the Crash of Battering Rams - Lobelia Sackville-Baggins - Sentinels of Númenor - Sudden Fury - The Under-courts - The Way is Shut - Wraith-lord

Lidless Eye
Black Rider - Doors of Night - Foolish Words - Horseman in the Night - Lost in Free-domains - Minas Morgul - Minas Tirith - Mount Doom - Shelob's Lair - Ûvatha Unleashed

Against the Shadow
Bairanax roused - Dark Tryst - Eagles' Eyrie - Framsburg - Irerock - Lórien - Mount Slain - Rivendell - The Grey Havens - The Ithil Stone
CDavis7M

Here are some of my personal favorites.

The Wizards:
  • The 3 Trolls by Danforth - I like them all rough and stony. I especially like Bert.
  • Anorien with the Pelennor and Osgiliath, even Pelargir.
  • Galadriel - very high and noble, but her expression is giving off that "B"-face. Seems appropriate.
  • The Balance of Things - just because it's got the whole crew.
  • Wargs - just always liked it. Good staple too.
The Dragons:
  • Gift of Comprehension - a great moment from the Silmarillion.
  • Master of Wood, Water, or Hill - one of my favorite cards. Always liked Bombadil and this image perfectly captures the title with Tom leaping the stream and headed for the hills.
  • Icy Touch - creepy!
Dark Minions:
  • Beautiful colors and a sweet moment. Probably the Gamgees.
  • The Under-grottos - I like a lot of the Underdeeps sites and their use of a single color. The green works great here with Gollum's eyes.
  • To the Utmost Foundations - just epic.
Lidless Eye:
  • Black Rain - this art brings to life the crazy story of Thrain's disappearance.
  • Lure of Expedience - Great for the title. It's like some delusion or false memory that Sauron had because he was too excited and not thinking straight.
  • The One Ring - This version is awesome.
  • Veils of Shadow - this is how I imagine "the eye"
Against the Shadow:
  • Rivendell - close to my imagination
  • Pilfer - that one hobbit looking for the hidden treasure room
The White Hand:
  • Alatar - I like the colors, and it adds to his character, building on the ATS art.
  • Saruman - Great art.
The Balrog:
  • ICE was on a budget.

Return to “Odds, Ends & Hobbit Holes”