Joes letter p4:DEMOS,LEVELING OF MASTERY,FINISHING THE RULES

Anything MECCG related that doesn't fit in another forum.
The Global Players List is located here.
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

I would certainly have no hesitation in voicing my approval to grant such power to a CoE unanimous vote, feeling almost certain that a unanimous vote on any sort of change is highly unlikely to occur. ;)

On a more serious note, if the CoE thinks that errata/rules changes are needed, there really ought to be a mechanism for it. Right now, there isn't any sort of effective one.

And it should be noted that since GCCG standard is 2-deck tournament, official rulings/errata would have a great deal of effect on my casual play.
marcos
Council Member

there's no reason on changing something that is already balanced

The fact that newbie players can't handle competitive decks doesn't mean that a particular allignement is more powerful than other.
Nerdmeetsyou

I didn't say that exactly THIS is the problem and must be changed!

I mainly meant that the coundil must be at least granted the ability to changes things IF necessary...!!!
That is one important fact we cannot deny.... those of you who do deny that... have condemed the game already to die!
because change must be allowed and accepted...
whatever the changes are we need...
there must be someone which the power to enforce them.
(like the council which is democarticaly chosen!)

The council must be granted more ablilitie and power... without that... there is no way, I believe, to save the game!
sly southerner

BoderHamster wrote: whatever the changes are we need...
there must be someone which the power to enforce them.
(like the council which is democarticaly chosen!)

The council must be granted more ablilitie and power... without that... there is no way, I believe, to save the game!
Agree completetly.
Leon

I think it is far more important as somebody remarked to get all the information that exists already, especially on the internet, sorted out.

I would also love some errata and rule changes, similar to the UEPs, to be made more officially.

Since I do not have time or knowledge of internet to do any of this, I will try not to complain about it much more.

Small remark: The use of exclamation marks in posts seems to me like you are shouting, and I tend to take anyone who shouts in a discussion less serious.
Nerdmeetsyou

No I just want to mark my Sentence as the most important one in this post, with the exclamatioin marks...!

Asuming someone shouts in a forum is I believe something strange...
especialy when people use LARGE LETTERS to accent something.
But I always wondered about these kind of asumptions....*G*

Yeah a universal rules document would be nice.
But i believe we need a stronger council first.
So this council can then... publish rules documents that are accepted by everyone! Although they might differ a little bit from those published by ICE before.

So in the end I believe the first step to do anything must be to strenghten the council. And puting people in charge there who want to take things into their hands!
I believe this must be the first step... the only one that can lead to anything. And will make all the other assumptions and plans possible... as far away they might seem now.
greath goals can only be reached with smal archievments! and our fist one should be to put togehter a good working council with power to enforce our changes and plans!
Frodo
Ex Council Member

Wolfgang, that was FAST! And your list, at least for the demo decks, looks perfect!!

Okay, Wolfgang and Thorsten--and whomever else wants to help with this--I have created a new project thread called "Creating the DEMO GAME" where I posted my initial observances, including rules and directions for teaching the demo game, etc. Of course, if it works, then we have another problem... all the other problems of this game that might alienate the new player, however excited he or she may be!

But this IS exciting! I can't wait to find a victim to teach it to!

--Frodo

Return to “Odds, Ends & Hobbit Holes”