Cards with errata

Discussion of the Generic Collectible Card Game engine created by Tommi "wigy" Ronkainen and mantained nowadays by Kodi
Shapeshifter878

I´ve scanned the correct versions of Bill the Pony, Rescue Prisoners, Muster and River. They are all at the same size as the other GCCG-cards. If anyone who is responsible for the updates of GCCG want to add this cards just send me an e-mail: achilles878@hotmail.com
/Andreas
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

Hi andreas

it is not about the versions, but also if they have the correct black borders ;)

we decided against non-black borders from either challenge decks or unlimited, but maybe I am wrong here (and yes I would like these new versions)

So wigy want to make a call here?

mfg Nicolai
Shapeshifter878

I see. Well the cards do not have a black border but I can paint them if you like? ;)
Darksatin

Maybe, it could be interesting to make new cards with Magic Set Editor, and then put them in GCCG.
See below (I send them to Vastor) :
Bruce
Ex Council Member

Alternatively, we could use the scans of the cards from the challenge decks (they all have texts corrected according with the erratas) and then edit the border from grey to black. Though the letter indicating the challenge deck would still appear in the bottom left part of the card...
marcos
Council Member

Bruce wrote:Alternatively, we could use the scans of the cards from the challenge decks (they all have texts corrected according with the erratas) and then edit the border from grey to black. Though the letter indicating the challenge deck would still appear in the bottom left part of the card...
while at GCCG, do /find lieutenant of morgul
you will get a surprise :)
Bruce
Ex Council Member

This means that the challenge deck letter is not a big deal, very well. ;)

Anyway, another possibility would be to past over the limited version of an errataed card the text area scanned from a challenge deck version and, when necessary, the top left corner too (e.g. Assassin, Slayer, Silent Watcher, Rescue Prisoners...). The resulting "patched" card would be perfect: black bordered, corrected w/ errata, and not blemished by the challenge deck letter. 8)

The job shouldn't be too complicated. I'll post as few examples as soon as I have time.
Darksatin

So, you don't want cards made with Magic Set Editor for GCCG ?
Why ?
Shapeshifter878

Darksatin wrote:So, you don't want cards made with Magic Set Editor for GCCG ?
Why ?
I think the cards look great. Nice crispy text. I don´t care that much about what cards are getting uploaded, as long as it is done :)
Bruce
Ex Council Member

Darksatin wrote:So, you don't want cards made with Magic Set Editor for GCCG ?
Why ?
Actually I have nothing against cards made with MSE. I only thought that scans of real cards could be more appreciated by the players because they might give a better "live play" feeling. :)
PaulGrogan

Just to put my 2p into the conversation...

I would really like the image of the cards to be correct and include errata. I already have scanned in images of the right cards, either from blue border or challenge deck or made myself with phootshop, so I was going to 'edit' my local installation of gccg to include the updated images. There are also some cards which are not centered correctly and show up with a white line at one side of them on screen. Minor thing I know, but I'm a perfectionist.

So.... My question is - who do we get approval from to get these updated images into the master file so that everyone downloads and gets them rather than us all having to locally edit our own files?

Paul
Frodo
Ex Council Member

With MSE, I believe the **title font** is still incorrect on these middle-earth cards.
--frodo

Return to “GCCG”