Lackey

Discussion of the Generic Collectible Card Game engine created by Tommi "wigy" Ronkainen and mantained nowadays by Kodi
majagua_the_necromancer

Hello,

I have previously used the old version of meccg to develop decks and I had no problem importing files from there to gccg. I used a couple of years ago a program that is more friendly for deck developing such as lackey. I am not successful in importing decks from that particular program to gccg. Anybody else has used lackey and imported their files? I would greatly appreciate some feedback in this matter.

Regards
Brabo

I have seen Lackey, but I don't know what you mean by that program being more friendly for deck developing?
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
On gccg my name is 'Wisp'
majagua_the_necromancer

It is faster for creating decks than gccg. But the matter in question is if someone knows how to successfully import decks from lackey to gccg? any suggestions?
Brabo

majagua_the_necromancer wrote:But the matter in question is if someone knows how to successfully import decks from lackey to gccg? any suggestions?
You're right, I'm sorry. Unfortunately I have no idea how to do this quickly. You could open a gccg deck in notepad to see how the file is built up, then use your Lackey file to make a new file that looks like this. This will of course work, but is not quick, and so probably not what you were looking for.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
On gccg my name is 'Wisp'
zirilan

You'll have bad luck finding a simple way to convert any of the two LackeyCCG deck-formats (A: html based / B: text based) into a gccg deck-format. That is because LackeyCCG uses different name and expantion abbreviations for a given card. You would likely have to edit every single line in your LackeyCCG text based deck list to make it compatible with gccg format.

You would be faster to create your decks using gccg, because you do not know the abbreviations and names for cards used in gccg deck format.
majagua_the_necromancer

zirilan wrote:You'll have bad luck finding a simple way to convert any of the two LackeyCCG deck-formats (A: html based / B: text based) into a gccg deck-format. That is because LackeyCCG uses different name and expantion abbreviations for a given card. You would likely have to edit every single line in your LackeyCCG text based deck list to make it compatible with gccg format.

You would be faster to create your decks using gccg, because you do not know the abbreviations and names for cards used in gccg deck format.
wow that sucks! thx for the feedback. I am building my decks on gccg. Unfortuanelty, I didnt use this program before and I had built more than 14 decks on lackey. I'll have to fix them one at a time...thanks again

Return to “GCCG”