ICE errata in standard GCCG

Discussion of the Generic Collectible Card Game engine created by Tommi "wigy" Ronkainen and mantained nowadays by Kodi

Should we use ICE errata versions of all cards within GCCG?

Poll ended at Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:03 am

Yes, please is needed so all players play with the official card versions (as a standard).
63%
Yes, but only as a custom download, so I can decide for which card I use the ICE errated version.
19%
No, I like the false old school scans better.
6%
Do not care, I go with either decision, made by the majority.
13%

Total votes: 16
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

Hi all,

we have been using MSE (magic set editor) versions (so not scans but recreated versions using MSE) of all ICE errata for DC client for some time and many players ask us if you could not use it also for the standard version.

so we like to have poll on that fact, if we have a good number within some weeks I be happy to add this feature either as a custom download, or within the standard download.
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Here some examples of what cards redone in mse would look like. We've done our best to stick as close to the original as possible, even if it means copying spelling mistakes, editing flaws or weird layouts.

For most cards errata mean adding something, many just a simple keyword (Strident Spawn) or a few words (Rebuild the Town), for some the change is more elaborate, and then of course the look of the card is quite different due to changing lines/more words in text etc., or indeed less text (Fortress of the Towers).

If upgrades to mse are made that have consequences for the cards, they will of course be improved over time. But, they look quite good even now. See for yourself.
Attachments
AStridentSpawn.jpg
AStridentSpawn.jpg (50.88 KiB) Viewed 4947 times
A Strident SpawnE.jpg
A Strident SpawnE.jpg (50.19 KiB) Viewed 4947 times
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

hopefully you don't play with random numbers instead of dice :wink:
Attachments
RebuildtheTown.jpg
RebuildtheTown.jpg (51.59 KiB) Viewed 4947 times
Rebuild the TownE.jpg
Rebuild the TownE.jpg (59.2 KiB) Viewed 4947 times
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

also most cards were pre-1998, but that's nitpicking.
Attachments
FortressoftheTowers.jpg
FortressoftheTowers.jpg (54.89 KiB) Viewed 4947 times
Fortress of the TowersE.jpg
Fortress of the TowersE.jpg (58.55 KiB) Viewed 4947 times
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Just to inform, the standard errata and dreamcard errata have now been separated. The metwDC.bat offers you automatic access to playing with all dreamcard errata but not standard errata, so there's no more confusion.

Either we will offer the standard errata as a custom install or it will become standard in gccg, depending on this poll. But I think we need some overwhelming support for this. Either way, via svn you can already access the mse errata files and export the cards yourself if you can't wait. metw/development/errata.mse
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Here the custom install, so you can overwrite the files in your gccg/graphics folder if you so wish.
The percentage of the poll shows support for using mse versions in standard gccg, but the total number of votes is rather low.

if someone could sticky this subject, that would be nice
Attachments
MECCG Errata.rar
(4.05 MiB) Downloaded 247 times
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Now that all official errata have been made available for custom installment, the MetwDC.bat file has been altered to give automatic access to all official and dreamcard errata (dce). You can thus play with all errata via MetwDC.bat, if you use svn.

For those rare specimens amongst us that like to play via DC.bat, cause they do like the official errata and are too lazy to custom install, and don't like the dce, well, I have made files containing all normal errata with a DC code and all dce-ed normal versions with DC code (thanks you thank you, you're welcome). All you need do is put these in the correct folders in metw/graphics (overwrite old pics).

it's also on svn tree under development/errata, in case it's updated with new dce
Attachments
originals dce [with DC].rar
(2.75 MiB) Downloaded 263 times
standard errata with a DCE.rar
(690.05 KiB) Downloaded 261 times

Return to “GCCG”