Offline???

Discussion of the Generic Collectible Card Game engine created by Tommi "wigy" Ronkainen and mantained nowadays by Kodi
narg

I reinstalled GCCG tonight to try to play at Middle Earth but I get the message "connection failed". I tried to turn the firewall off but it didn't seem to make any difference.

Any idea on how to change that?
marcos
Council Member

check here
narg

Not particularly user friendly...

Tried a few times, still not working. I only have 72MB of data in the metw folder instead of the 700MB I'm supposed to get, maybe because I went for the 64 bit SVN instead of the 32 bit one. I'll retry with the 32 bit over the weekend.
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

Well it requires "reading" & doing" what is written, it is not easy I agree, but if you turn right instead of left, you never get there whatever program you use ;)

also be more specific, did you try to checkout "core or metw" folder, both are needed, but both differ in size, so be more precise, so we really know if there is a problem at all

see you online soon

yours Vastor
narg

> Well it requires "reading" & doing" what is written

Well if you go on the tortoise website it is written and I quote, "Please make sure that you choose the right installer for your PC, otherwise the setup will fail." I've got a 64-bit OS so I downloaded the 64-bit SVN. I know, very stupid of me...

> also be more specific, did you try to checkout "core or metw" folder, both are needed, but both differ in size, so be more precise

I did! Hard for me to be more precise, I think I followed the instructions apart from the 32-bit part. I get a "fail" error message during the download for the metw folder.

Anyway I just got a new computer with a 32-bit OS, I'll try to install GCCG on that one this evening or tomorrow with the 32-bit SVN, I'll post another message if it doesn't work out.
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

well seems people are doing more than they need,

if you follow my guide word by word, and read nothing else it works nicely,

are you sure you are not trying to download metw folder from our old servers?, double check the address

@narg, if you have skype, send me PM and I get you through it ;)

yours Vastor

Return to “GCCG”