GCCG outage - GCCG is back up!

Discussion of the Generic Collectible Card Game engine created by Tommi "wigy" Ronkainen and mantained nowadays by Kodi
jhunholz
Ex Council Chairman

GCCG is having issues after a reboot of the server so it's currently down. I'll post an update when I know more.

EDIT: GCCG is back online. Sorry for the extended outage - I've had a really hectic past few weeks. I was able to dig into it finally today and tracked down what was causing the issue. Let me know if anything still isn't working correctly.
Makinal

seems serious, i still cant connect
kufel

After running metw.bat blank table
"/reconnect --->
Connecting to gccg.councilofelrond.org port 29130
welcome kufel!"
and still nothing :/
marcos
Council Member

i miss gccg :?
zirilan

marcos wrote:i miss gccg :?
or did you rather ment: I miss "Familar Image"
jhunholz
Ex Council Chairman

Sorry for the extended outage guys. I've been extremely busy with work this last week and haven't had time to work on this. If there's someone with some linux knowledge and some gccg knowledge that wants to take a crack at it, let me know and I can give you ssh access to the server. Wigy has also been extremely busy so I haven't been able to get help from him.
Sauron
Ex Council Chairman

I can take a crack at it if you want.

-Brian
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

Go Brian go, go Brian go,

still it feels odd chearing for Sauron

mfg Nico
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

so, this is how the subtle malice of Morgoth infects the Free Peoples, destroying their servers and sending Sauron to do the repairs :wink:
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
Sauron
Ex Council Chairman

Thorsten the Traveller wrote:so, this is how the subtle malice of Morgoth infects the Free Peoples, destroying their servers and sending Sauron to do the repairs :wink:
Time to insert the bit of code I've been working on to always roll 12s for me and 2s for opponents ;)
anonycat

I don't really have any experience with METW itself, but I've been doing a lot of the coding for GCCG lately, so if something broke then I might be able to see where it's going wrong.
Ringbearer
Ex Council Member

Sauron wrote:
Thorsten the Traveller wrote:so, this is how the subtle malice of Morgoth infects the Free Peoples, destroying their servers and sending Sauron to do the repairs :wink:
Time to insert the bit of code I've been working on to always roll 12s for me and 2s for opponents ;)
Since you just troll and dont play, who cares :P
"I used to roll the dice, feel the fear in my enemies eyes."
- Coldplay, Viva la Vida.

Gaming is life, the rest is just dice rolls.
- John Kovalic, Dork Tower
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

Hi all,

@anonycat, well the thing is your latest "core" commitment (revision 646 or 647, not sure which does that) already killed the deck name box for metw gccg users again, fix that 1st, and then you are welcome to help us out on the general problem

every help is very much preciated
marcos
Council Member

Vastor Peredhil wrote:Hi all,

@anonycat, well the thing is your latest "core" commitment (revision 646 or 647, not sure which does that) already killed the deck name box for metw gccg users again, fix that 1st, and then you are welcome to help us out on the general problem

every help is very much preciated
i'd set the priorities in the inverse order :wink:

who cares about the deck name box if gccg won't work anyways? :roll:
anonycat

The deck box problem arises when trying to run the SVN code on an executable version prior to 0.9.7. When the deck name changes, the old code used to simply print line breaks to the deck box, with the intent of pushing the old name up off the top and thereby "hiding" it. The number of line breaks it took to do that varied depending on the dimensions that were set for it, and the old text was still uselessly sitting there in memory, so one of the changes I made in the source code for 0.9.7 was to add a clear_msgbox() function, which simply erases all lines from the underlying data structure of the box, which is a more elegant and scalable approach when you want to make sure only one thing at a time appears, and that's the preferred way of handling it going forward. Nonetheless, Sourceforge is back up, so I was able to push out r648 which makes accommodations to clients that don't have clear_msgbox in their function table.

Return to “GCCG”