"Select Deck" command not working...

Discussion of the Generic Collectible Card Game engine created by Tommi "wigy" Ronkainen and mantained nowadays by Kodi
Ciachu

Yesterday I downloaded and installed the latest version of gccg.
Unfortunatelly command "Select deck" is not working - system doesn't display any table with ealier created decks :-(

Do you have any idea what is the problem?
Mordakai
Council Member

When I create a deck, I rename it and then Export it. To select it, Import deck -> My exports, and there are all my decks.

I don't know if there is a better way to do it
C'mon, not the Elves of Lindon AGAIN...
Ciachu

Thank you for answer Mordakai, but your idea isn't good for me :-(
I had many decks in GCCG, that had saved in file named "decks" in ".gccg" folder.
Now I have not any chance to get to these decks :-(

The best resolve is to to something, that show my earlier created decks in system.
Mordakai
Council Member

I don't get the problem. All my decks are saved in C:\.gccg\Metw\export and when I select "import deck -> my exports, the all show there...
C'mon, not the Elves of Lindon AGAIN...
toonnee

I got this problem too. dont know how to fix it.
Muad'Dib

This problem is connected with '.gccg' folder. Something is broken there. I sent this folder to my friend (without password of course) and now it works perfect.
IMustNotFear.FearIsTheMind-Killer.FearIsTheLittle-death ThatBringsTotalObliteration.IWillFaceMyFear.
IWillPermitItToPassOverMeAndThroughMe.
AndWhenItHasGonePast,IWillTurnTheInnerEyeToSeeItsPath.
WhereTheFearHasGoneThereWillBeNothing. OnlyIWillRemain.
dirhaval

I have been having similar problems. But I have from the beginning been doing something else with my decks.
I also do not use all the abilities of deck building on gccg. I hope I am reading your question right so the below text helps.

This is what I do after bumbling for a while.

1. Make a new folder in C:\SVNHelp\core\decks\Metw
This folder will appear when selecting IMPORT DECK from the table after Right-click to view Main-Menu Chat.
So Right-click, IMPORT DECK, and see all the folders including the new folder.
That is where I put my own decks.

2. At the table, right-click to EDIT/HIDE deck.
You may already have deck there to view.
If it is not the deck you want to view for whatever reason then,

3. Start a new deck and finish it or go to Step 4.
At top of the deck menu, Right-click, EXPORT DECK AS, GCCG format
This sends the deck to
C:\.gccg\Metw\export
named {blue}Imported Deck{white}.deck
I copy this file to my new folder. There I keep the BLUE and WHITE for hero decks to see Blue text on the gccg window
and use {red}{white} for minion decks. I know orange and purple do not work. But I change the text in between } { for my own name.

4. At the table, right-click to IMPORT.
Select your deck.
At the table, right-click to EDIT/HIDE deck.
If the deck is not the deck you just imported, then do this:
at the top of the deck screen [Current Deck], right-click and hit SELECT ANOTHER DECK.
This should see your imported deck with the text on the screen reading: Deck IMPORT DECK selected.

I think what happens is when you import a deck, the deck is layered below the deck already available to view.
This viewed deck I think is the deck that is used in a game. but its not the imported deck you want!

Return to “GCCG”