Hidden Settting: Getting Card Names to Appear in Play Mode

Discussion of the Generic Collectible Card Game engine created by Tommi "wigy" Ronkainen and mantained nowadays by Kodi
Frodo
Ex Council Member

When you are looking at GCCG cards in your card library, you can see the card titles superimposed in white names over the cards.

When you are looking at GCCG cards in play (game) mode, there are no white card titles over the cards. Wigy says there IS a way to do this, but it involves triggering a setting, and he has forgotten what that setting is.

Does anyone know what this setting is? Once upon a time, I imagine that he told someone how to do it. SOMEBODY must know.

Needless to say, see the names of the cards over the cards would be a great timesaver and less of a visual headache for those of us who like to know what's on table or in our hand at a glance but don't like to be constantly holding "shift" over everything.

Tips appreciated.

Frodo
Sauron
Ex Council Chairman

You could goto gccg.sf.net and look it up yourself. If I get a few minutes today I'll go look for it.
Frodo
Ex Council Member

Hmm, I checked that site and the manuals, and found an immense amount of C++ type info, but not what I was looking for--although I'm not sure I would have recognized it if I did.

I did find a command for "attaching text T over object O", but that was probably for something else (also C++).

Frodo
Frodo
Ex Council Member

Still nothing, Brian?

Frodo

Return to “GCCG”