632-Khamual

dirhaval

[updated 12-26-17]
The Black Easterling has come to his abode on the Naked Hill. Long ago this doomed man was
the Master of the Hold. He has brought with him rangers from the Far East and evil men to
dislodge the Elves of Lothlorien. Life among the Firstborn taught the man how to sow seeds of
hate and treachery among those peoples. Mirkwood is slowing becoming uninhabitable. Fangorn
is next to be put on shadow. His own highly-trained and magical educated rangers will track
news of enemies and found new allies among the trees and birds.

This avatar will use sorcery magic in almost every company and recycle such events with a magic
ring. Khamual will play ring special items. Many prisoners will be taken that venture near
Southern Mirkwood using Frozen. Grimburgoth will be the main minion for this avatar. Helm of
Madness will help keep a main character unapped. Khamual will be in Black Rider mode using
Black Horses. A cult of the Dark Lord will be befriended to bring trouble west of the River. Even
the native men of the woods will be sought to bring tribute to Sauron.

The hazard deck uses Scout agents with Sudden Fury in Wilderland to disrupt heroes,
specifically discarding factions for upcoming war. Why fight a faction when you can discard?
Free Peoples will detain all those in Wilderland or to view the other races as enemies.
Most of the sites visited by this avatar are near Wilderland, yet several are far away.
Last edited by dirhaval on Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
dirhaval

Here is the summary without the table of sites tapped and things played.

The game was considered a success. 30 or so MP played in 19 turns. Sauron will try to start the Black Council by Turn 15. The red color sites are those sites tapped. The first deck exhausted during Turn 11. Only Hador was eliminated, which was when he was moving back to a darkhaven for discarding so to play Eradan. Hador played a sorcery event and rolled a 2 on the CC. Good for Khamual! Saves a turn.

Khamual came into play during Turn 3. He quickly manipulated the sideboard. X in blue indicate CvCC. There were 16 successful site phases away from a darkhaven, which is the amount expected. After the play of the faction Crebain from Dunland the company moved to Ost-en-edhil to play a gold ring item, which had the group vulnerable. The one failed site phase was Beasts of the Wood attempt at Woodmen-Town during Turn 13. It was difficult the timing of having the unique mind ring and Grimburgoth and By the Ringwraith’s Word in the playdeck. Ulgarin was not played until Turn 16. Might want to play one of the extra minions if you can and move that minion just for CvCC. If killed on the trip to the site, then no loss but gain of drawn cards. If you kill a hero, then great. If not, then move the minion back to a darkhaven for discarding.

Khamual played Fell RIder 4x. First was to play Gold Reward. Then on Turn 11 to play his Dragonhelm of Uon. Two other times he played Fell Rider for CvCC. I like to have him CvCC at least one more time before playing the horse ally. So maybe play Gold Reward after playing Black Horse, so Gold Reward will be used in the Warlord Deck for his minions.

Overall, okay timing. The Ringwraith was unleashed. If you have a choice to either play a MP event or CvCC a vulnerable company, then discard the event and attack.
Fun to play with all the sorcery events.
dirhaval

I updated the file. I added the turn-by-turn expectations for each company to gauge
if the player can do all that he wants. Dragonhelm of Uon was removed.
dirhaval

The file is updated in the first thread.

DECK CHANGES from 40 player fate deck
Keep in mind I think the minions have an advantage of gaining MPs over the hero players.
Therefore, I want to add complexity to a minion’s deck if possible. This deck is complex with
movements and prisoners.

Dogrib has been removed for Eradan with the Helm of Madness allowing his 4-mind to be
controlled with direct influence.

Second copy of MR Weals removed for MR Enigma. The new ring is there for the Power Decks
if a lack of Sages are available.

That’s Been Heard Before Tonight copies removed to focus on moving to play News of the
Shire. Not Careful About That stays in the deck. Using Cult of the Long Night and collecting
prisoners takes the turns that the stolen knowledge events were given.
White Light Broken and Twisted Trees added to support more magic use and card flow of the
plant creatures.

Black Council, Shadow of the Power, Variag Priestess, and Prancing Pony removed for deck
changes.

Wield It While I May and Things Might Go Ill replaces Some Devilry at Work and Nothing to
Eat or Drink.
dirhaval

DECK CHANGES from 40 player fate deck
Keep in mind I think the minions have an advantage of gaining MPs over the hero players.
Therefore, I want to add complexity to a minion’s deck if possible. This deck is complex with
movements and prisoners.

Dogrib has been removed for Eradan with the Helm of Madness allowing his 4-mind to be
controlled with direct influence.
Second copy of MR Weals removed for MR Enigma. The new ring is there for the Power Decks
if a lack of Sages is present.

That’s Been Heard Before Tonight copies removed to focus on moving to play News of the
Shire. Not Careful About That stays in the deck. Using Cult of the Long Night and collecting
prisoners takes the turns that the stolen knowledge events were given.
White Light Broken and Twisted Trees added to support more magic use and card flow of the plant creatures.
Black Council, Shadow of the Power, Variag Priestess, and Prancing Pony removed for deck changes.
Wield It While I May and Things Might Go Ill replaces Some Devilry at Work and Nothing to Eat or Drink.

Much thought was given to resources for this player. Should Grishmoigh be given to Ardagor or dark dwarf?
It is a pain to get a prisoner of certain races. Frozen is already used by Scatha. Should Crebain from Dunland
be given to Witchking? That player will have the direct influence. Prisoners for Cult of the Long Night
could be had using that ally host.
dirhaval

Updated for current practice game.

Khamual in Wilderland Division versus Lady Galadriel.

Few changes listed in file. Wormtongue removed for Eun.

What I like about this deck:
Theme-oriented to sorcery and trees. Audacity visiting sites deep into enemy territory. Nice to
have several agent scouts softening the heroes before the Easterling arrives.

What I do not like about this deck:
Five characters with 7 or 6 body while moving through three territories with four other characters
used as agents. 7 creature cards are region specific.

Will be posting first four turns of the game for each player; will remove this PDF file and
give a link here to this 4 turn file in the 16xx post to save disk space. In middle of turn 3;
started four months ago.

Deck at viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2886&p=40854

Return to “Showcase”