832-Khamaul-Wilderland-Burdens

dirhaval

It is time for the Great Army of the North and Beasts of the Wild to find the hidden realms of the Elves. Khamûl the Easterling and three other Ringwraiths lead these forces against King Thranduil and Lord Celeborn. Mirkwood will finally be made into the Wood of Fear while the trees near the Misty Mountains in the shadow of Caradhras, Celebdil, and Fanuidhol will be tombs for the elves. Rangers of the Black Easterling will hunt the leaders of the Elves so to rid the enemy of leadership. Dark Dwarves have been gathered with a Dwarven Ring to combat against the Woodland Realm. His prized will be Moria and its treasures. The olog to remain alive after the fight to the death of 12 ologs has been set loose on Lord Celeborn. He is a Warlord with Elfhewer in his hands.

The factions need to first be gathered. Orcs from Angmar, Gundabad, and the Grey Mountains will pour in the Anduin Vales. Orcs from the Uldona Spine, Dol Guldur and slave orcs will move into the Brown Lands to pinch the Elves of Lórien. Evil men and gruesome spiders will spin webs of death on the Silvan Elves. These elf-holds must be destroyed preventing the Ringbearer entry or solace.

This player needs to wait to draw Swift Onset before the battles to begin. In the meantime, a dwarf and an overt company will hunt elves. Sorcery will be used by Ringwraiths and minions. Three other Ringwraiths will ride Black Horses into combat. There are not many minions in the deck so tactics will be needed to be made last for more than the first deck. Lorien and Thranduil's Halls cannot be used as a sanctuary by the Ringbearer.

The hazard creatures are mostly wolves and spiders to provide many strikes from the use of enhancers. Hazard Events include those that cause trouble for heroes in odd ways. Underneath the Shadow will reduce everyone's hand to slow the Heroes. Fearful Sun limits movement of factions to slow the aid for the heroes. Many Burdens will keep an avatar tapped. With the elf-havens no longer a safe place the Ringbearer is left to the wild with Nothing to Eat or Drink.
Last edited by dirhaval on Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

I must say, even though these decks of yours seem rather optimistic in the way they are supposed to play out, it is always entertaining to read. Who knows, one day it will happen, with dc we are working on expanding the player base, but 40 seems a big stretch for the moment. Perhaps you also have ideas for a 1 day FATE 16 event? That would be more within reach.
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
dirhaval

Yes, I would see that many 16-player events would occur before a 40-player event is seriously considered.
Sixteen players means more access to unique cards. My selfishness is though seen in the decks since
I enjoy the effort to explain in more than just a statistical way like so many sport commentators
mouth stats today; look I could do that. Yes, my earlier decks do just mention the card text with
little thought of the reason putting the card in the deck. But I am improving. I add a few pages to the Power Deck
of Gandalf recently. Yes, I know my grammar is garbage. Writing these decks is helping me wrote
my first book.

So if there is a 16-player game at a live event I would rather aid in someway as a guide or game organizer
than to play since I think my skills will be more useful there.
dirhaval

An update has been made.

It is time for the Great Army of the North and Beasts of the Wild to find the hidden realms of the
Elves. Khamûl the Easterling and two other Ringwraiths lead these forces against King Thranduil
and Lord Celeborn. Mirkwood will finally be made into the Wood of Fear while the trees near
the Misty Mountains in the shadow of Caradhras, Celebdil, and Fanuidhol. Rangers of the Black
Easterling will hunt the leaders of the Elves so to rid the enemy of leadership. Dark Dwarves
have been gathered with two Dwarven Rings to combat against the Woodland Realm. Their
prized will be Moria and its treasures. The olog to remain alive after the fight to the death of 12
ologs has been set loose on Lord Celeborn. He is a Warlord with a Magic Ring Frost on his hand.
The factions need to first be gathered. Orcs from Angmar, Gundabad, and the Grey Mountains

will pour in the Anduin Vales. Orcs from Dol Guldur and slave orcs will move into the Brown
Lands to pinch the Elves of Lórien. Trolls and gruesome spiders will spin webs of death on the
Silvan Elves. These elf-holds must be destroyed preventing the Ringbearer entry or solace.

What did I do to make this deck fun, for it was an odd deck? First, I gave Lieutenant of Dol Guldur
the Ring of Frost to use sorcery, but he needs help with corruption. That is why I have some of his followers a Usriev of Treachery
or Iron Shield of Old to stay untapped. Then I have four dark dwarves with two dwarven rings! 8-mind Miruimor
is there to play sorcery, which 11 of those cards are in the deck. Then there is Grimburgoth with four rings: Chamen-en-Faroth,
Ring of Flame, Trifling Ring x2. Raisha has a Magic Ring of Weals to use magic, and Hador has another copy to fetch sorcery every
turn thanks to Above the Abyss in the deck.

The Ringwraiths will use Winged Terror, They Ride Together I feel is needed to get all in the same company. Snowhammer can recycle
Bitter Cold more times than it snows in Sweden. But that item will need to be played during the avatar decks, for I think starter movement
between havens is voided for the Power Decks. Weapons of Morgul will make the three flying Ringwraiths valuable. Two Morgul-Blades and one The Fiery Blade are in the deck with The Pale Sword and Morgul-Knife. Forced March can keep this company troubling anyone along the river.

Factions though are weak, which is why this player must draw-out heroes for combat and thus be unlikely to heal factions. Hazards seeing
the light of day for minions include: Return Beyond All Hope, Courtesy Lessened of Late, Underneath the Shadow. Fell Winter, Darkness
Under Tree, and Tauremornalome. Creatures will decimate those in Double Wilderness. All Else is Conquered is for Lorien and No Abiding Place is for Thranduil's Halls. Rohan is the other way now for the Ringbearer safe four regions from Dol Guldur. Oh, how much is the Water's Tithe? Swift Strokes can be played on Hador using Some Secret Art of Flame for 10+ two roll prowess. Raised Again anyone? They will burn.

I will like this deck for the madness and flurry of combat after combat with either several Orcs lead by an Olog, three 10 prowess Ringwraiths with deadly weapons,and the infinite sorcery cards boosting prowess or frusterating cancelling your attacks.
Attachments
832-P50-3_Wilderland_Kh.pdf
full update
(217.85 KiB) Downloaded 232 times

Return to “Showcase”