721-play-Necromancer

dirhaval

I have posted this deck's first eight turns of notes. I also renamed the Lidless Eye Deck/Topic to be 629 instead of 721 btw.

This deck is ambitious to have so many cards played before the Warlord Phase, but we will see what happens. Below is pasted the full summary
for the eight turns.

This player is having success considering two gold ring items are about to be tested. Stinker was played on the first turn. Few resources to play during the site phase resulted in only four turns tapping a site. The Necromancer event was played on Turn 2. MPs gathered are good at 18. Card drawing has been anemic, but that is my fault. This player needs to zip through his deck quickly; I might have to change the starting company so to have one minion move just to draw cards.
Few resources were discarded from hand, but I have kept many in hand for 3+ turns.
Hazards were also played soon when drawn. However, the timing with agent hazard events is still ambiguous with no other Divisions with companies. Dark Spires Rising has yet to be played.
Now, I did do a designer change in the middle of this game, which I might have to reverse. I allowed this player to “store” Stinker so to allow Gollum to be played. I also did not like for the ally controller to be taken prisoner so to discard Stinker. But as you read in the turn notes the ally cancelled two attacked keyed to Shadow-land. So I will put this ally back in play. Such a threat of prison may cause this deck to remove the use of resource permanent-events on the expected controller. Prisoner via CvCC is the only non-hazard method for Heroes to discard Stinker, besides an influence check. I might replace Tarcil; see the next page.
Last edited by dirhaval on Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
dirhaval

I have posted here the Necromancer Deck with the first 16 turns of the practice game.
Other details of the turn summary also included in the file:
-cards giving MPs
-sites tapped per turn and cards played
-card sequence
-hazards played against each player
-hazards played against this player

The summary is that of the deck used for the game.

Overall this player had success. He gained 32 MPs and gave away one Ring for Mortal Men.
The deck exhausted twice for the second time on Turn 16.
The use of agents were muted especially with them becoming discarded so much
and Lord Denethor fetching I Know Much About You often.

There were 17 useful site phases including 11 tapped sites.
No site was tapped twice.

AGENTS
Ivic used Twisted Tales at Variag Camp to discard Wild Horses
Wormtongue uses Good Sense Revolts to discard Elfhelm, Twisted Tales to discard Riders
but Withdrawn by King Theoden.
Surion discarded Angbor using Your Welcome is Doubtful.
Elwen discarded Lothirel and failed another time using YWD
Prince Imrahil used Withdrawn on her.
Ullis used Pilfer Anything Unwatched to discard Daurkh.
KIlled by Beorn while attacking at The Carrock
Deallus played YMD to discard ally Bob from Lord Balin.
Ted Sandyman never face up

First deck recycled 10 cards and had 8.7 cards drawn per turn
Second deck it was 8/14.

It was a fast, fun deck. Low hazard limit helped this player along with
using Weigh ATN to recycle Not Slay Needlessly, which was played 6x from turns 11-16.

Player Gandalf failed twice to influence away Carambor.
No CvCC or FvFC
Last edited by dirhaval on Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thedarkness

Thank you for the content!
“The world is indeed full of peril and in it there are many dark places.” - LOTR
dirhaval

The Necromancer/Lidless Eye full game notes are attached. I included the card data again with the drawing and playing in the file. Below are my comments found at the end of the file.

First, I think that it is possible to have a dedicated RW resource and Nazgul hazard deck with some specific rules.

Nazgul were difficult to play in the last two turns with the RW manifestation in play, but that is expected. However, intelligent play can have one manifestation out of play so the creature can be played using In Great Wrath. The deck exhausted I think on Turn 21 emptying the discard pile. Nine Nazgul were played with two as events. Out of the Black Sky should be shuffled with An Unexpected Outpost so to get the card in play eating hazard limit early. Then keep an 8 prowess RW like Adunaphel in hand when the deck exhausts so In Great Wrath can play the creature.

Agents were no use for this player. Never Seen Him can be used, but I rather just keep the agents at home sites or where the AA can be too much for the RWs to visit. It was smart to couple the deck with agents since many times no hazards could be played on the resource player allowing agents to move.
+
Nuluzir moved to Isles of the Dead That Live in case a gold ring was to be played.
He played Twisted Tales on Turn 16 to discard Bellekaze.
Ivic moved to Isle of the Ulond on Turn 23. I like for him to be may be deeper into Eriador.
He played Twisted Tales to discard Wild Horses.
Wormtongue moved to Barrow-downs, then to Ost-in-Edhil when the RW did not move there.
He discarded Elfhelm using Good Sense Revolts on Turn 11.
Discarded Riders of Rohan using Twisted Tales on Turn 12. Withdrawn by Theoden later that turn.
Surion was killed on Turn 15 from Stout Men of Gondor.
He discarded Angbor at Pelargir using Your Welcome is Doubtful.
Elwen moved to the White Towers.
She discarded Lothiriel on Turn 16 using Your Welcome is Doubtful.
Ullis was killed by a skin-changed Beorn on Turn 15.
Ted Sandyman was played on Turn 23.
Deallus stayed at home sites. First played on Turn 15.

Chill Them With Fear nullified some CvCC attempts. Other minions helped with hazards including Short Legs Are Slow and No Way Forward. Too many times Gandalf had a hazard limit of two with Doors of Night in play. Thus,

Choking Shadows, Morgul-horse, and a Nazgul
was too much to play. Power Built By Waiting will replace Awaken the Earth’s Fire. AtWF will now be used in Denethor’s deck that already had Drought and Ash-Drake. Playing PBBW will not cause trouble with the hazard limit since maybe a quarter of Gandalf’s movements in the last eight
turns had no hazards played. Morgul-Knife then will have a chance for play.

Choking Shadows was used for both effects.
Cursed Journey was useful, but Elrond already was visiting Angmar.
Hunt of the Ring was useful, but drawn late on Turn 21.
Withstand the Nine was useful.
Black Riders is very powerful, but does need Doors of Night.
Failed Devices seemed useless with Ring-drawn and Forced March already in the deck. But the hazard allows movement to another territory if the One Ring is held by a Grey Player or if the One Ring bearer high tails it six regions in one move.

The general influence pool may have been violated in this game, but I wanted to know what can break. This player should not have too many minions in play. Calendal should store the palantir, then be discarded to play Zurtak. If this happens, then the GI pool is 22 of 32. Then if Wking is discarded a new Ringwraith captain is chosen. That costs 9 GI or 26 of 32, which gives a low buffer.

The covert minions should avoid CvCC in Eriador since Aragorn II with Anduril and Cirdor with Anglechel are near. A killed covert minion will burden survivors with item corruption. There were barriers to play manifestations of the Nine due to having one in play as a Ringwraith, but usually I used the copy with the Lidless Eye peeking ability.

Overall, I think that a dual deck is possible. The hazard limit is correctly restricted as it should with Nazgul. Black Riders though may be overpowered for this Fate deck. I might remove the hazard since CvCC can devastate hobbits with Ardagor, Dark Dwarves, and Rogrog near.

Look in Elrond’s deck file for News of Doom faction disbarment.
Last edited by dirhaval on Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dirhaval

This mortal man has been seeking rings.
Mistakes of heroes given the chance to play rings.

Three gold rings played and two factions influenced.
Avatar hit the table on Turn 5. Only 3 agents played.
Agent Nuluzir revealed using Nobody's Friend used
Will Not Come Down on Imrahil's Niluphel carrying Dark Numbers.
A 12 roll for the Necromancer was needed to discard.

5 sites tapped.
Radagast went Deep Cleft after his minions visited Beorn's House for a bright gold ring.
Brown Wizard went to rescue prisoners. Same turn other minions visited
Edoras since Theoden's men were wounded in Dagorlad; too weak for CvCC.

Scary when Slipped Treacherously played by hero and no one to support Hendolen's 2 cp.
Attachments
1721-Necromancer_Agents-10.pdf
first 6 turns
(409.77 KiB) Downloaded 36 times

Return to “Showcase”