Poll: Best non-Ringwraith Deck

Which minion avatar would you like to play that was used in Fate?

Balrog/Felagrog
13%
Durlach
No votes
Ardagor
13%
Bolg/Azog
No votes
Dwarf
13%
Mouth of Sauron
No votes
Court of Ardor
13%
Fallen-wizard/Lord bent on darkness
13%
Dragon-lord
25%
Other
13%

Total votes: 8
dirhaval

This poll allows you to select which Grey or non-Ringwraith Black player
you would like to be in a multi-player game.

You can select up to four avatars. Your selections will help me decide
if avatar decks need to be changed and/or the direction to go for the Power decks.

Your selections do not necessarily mean you like the decks that I provided, but can show
the avatar you would be in a multi-player game.

Please comments for any details.
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Voted Felagrog, Ardagor, Dragon-lord and Fallen-wizard.

Though the latter is questionable as minion. As with the Dark Dwarf, I do not buy into the idea that even Saruman was fully subverted to evil, though admittedly it's a matter of definition, as nothing is black and white. The notion that some Dwarves were deceived by Sauron - a fellow Maia of Aulë -, corrupted and fed with frustration, that I can believe. But they would not be followers of Morgoth, as they will always belong to Aulë.

Fallen-wizards do offer the coolest thematic options for deckbuilding and story telling.

Durlach is a bit of a Felagrog clone, and The Mouth is called The Mouth for a reason, he's not an avatar.
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
dirhaval

Thank you for your comments.

Again, I seem to omit details when I write. For me, a minion Fallen-avatar is one that
quickly and frequently maintains 12 SPs. I was thinking that if a Fallen-wizard in FATE
has 12SPs he can select to be a minion player for the Power Decks, else end
with fewer than that amount to be a hero player. This decision will be based
on the MPs of all other players. The fallen-wizard may not be able to earn a slot
as a hero player, but can move to Deep Mines for those stage points and
earn a slot as a minion player. Crafty I know.

Yes, I realize that a minion Dwarf player or avatar is not fully plausible in MECCG, but I wanted a pure
minion dwarf deck. 40 players allows that. I do not think anyone will have more than four minion
dwarves in other multi-player MECCG game. Besides, these dark dwarves where far away
from Mordor. Your logic about Aule is one reason I moved away from a Dwarf minion-avatar.

I think Durlach can be a pseudo-Ringraith in terms of squatting early, then roaming late for many points on the last turn.
His clone-shadow is a reason I like for him to not have a prison. Thus, he can gel nicely with magic.

Thinking of Dragon-lords. Someone did post elsewhere on this forum about multi-player rules. For using Dream cards
with many players; maybe more than 9 I would allow that player as the Dragon-lord(s) to pick last their avatar.
In the practice game, I felt that I could kill any Dragon-lord if I really wanted too by sending a few dedicated hero
companies from various players. Picking last can help avert from closeness to other players. Yes, there will be
some Wilderland players of course, but I would pick a Withered Hearth avatar over Scatha or Smaug if
Dain, Thranduil, Khamual, Radagast, and Alatar all were among the other players. Just a thought.
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

I was too quick on my vote, so I only selected 1 option instead of 4, yeah reading help, maybe it can be reset, but I did choose Ardor which were my heart is,

but I would also choose minion dwarf player, just because these decks are fun to build compared to other minions; any dragon-lord will do for me as well, but I say he has to hasten to deal with wormsbane etc, by playing them himself

lastly maybe a Grey player balrog avatarless War-lord deck is better and more fun than Durlach

yours Nicolai
dirhaval

Maybe if I title the Poll better.

Okay, I went ahead and selecting myself the three choices you, VP, wanted to select: Dwarf, Other, Dragon-lord.

Wormsbane is a key item. My goal in Fate was to use as many of the cards as possible. Wormsbane only in
a hero deck forced me to make better minion hazard decks and why Throkmaw originally had agents to bother dwarves.

I did not think of that, balrog avatar-less. May be to start, then bring Durlach in at the end.
OR allow that player to turn into a Dragon-lord if he wins a Power Deck slot? I just want to expand your imagination
with multi-player games. Just agree to everything before you start.

Return to “Showcase”