244-War Among the Ruins

dirhaval

Angmar has been reinhabited and denizens left in Eriador gathered to remove
any remaining Free Peoples.

The Witch-king, Ardagor, and Dark Dwarves have remaining in their designs
an Elf-lord (Elrond), Hobbits, and a Dwarf-lord(Balin). A quick victory here will
provide armies to attack Gondor from the west. There is a 3:2 FN advantage.
Factions from other territories will aid or hurt the minions.
Elrond, Gandalf, and Balin want to prevent minion factions from going
elsewhere for the Power Decks.

Here are the strategies.
The Witch-king has four Men and an Orc faction. Two are Heavy Infantry.
He will try to keep them together as an army moving in Eriador engaging in battles.
There are destined to enter Rohan to start the Power Decks.
He shares two men factions with Balin (Dunlendings, Hillmen).

Ardagor has three troll factions, all heavy infantry, and two A Few Recruits.
He is targeting Balin's dwarf factions.

The Dark Dwarves have three Wolf factions, Petty-Dwarves shared with Balin, and The Queer Forest.
These factions will be the vanguard attacking Eriador hero factions, but may enter Gondor
to pull away Imrahil's factions westward.

Dwar may send his factions through Brown Lands to engage in Rohan preventing help there to Eriador.
Adunaphel may send the Umbarean Corsairs and Black Numenoreans to Anfalas preventing help from Prince Imrahil.
Movement through Rhudaur will be avoided to keep Elves of the House out of the fray.

3__Aradagor---Eriador---Hill Trolls
8__Aradagor---Eriador---A Few Recruits
11__Aradagor---Eriador---A Few Recruits
19__Aradagor---Eriador---Cave Trolls
22__Aradagor---Eriador---Stone Trolls
12__Dwarf---Eriador---White Mountain Wolves
13__Dwarf---Eriador---Misty Mountain Wargs
20__Dwarf---Eriador---Wargs of the Forochel
21__Dwarf---Eriador---Petty-dwarves
22__Dwarf---Eriador---The Queer Forest
10__Wking---Eriador---Orcs of Angmar
14__Wking---Eriador---Warrior-Priests of Angmar
19__Wking---Eriador---Dunlendings
20__Wking---Eriador---Angmarim
23__Wking---Eriador---Hillmen

A few heroes will provide arms.
Balin has six factions, but three are dual. He will move his factions into Numeriador all in one movement.
This will force the Angmar factions to move three regions and thus tap, if that rule is in place. Also,
Hero Northern Waste Factions can then out flank the minion factions.

Gandalf has only the Hobbits. I like to see them stay in their smials, but can attack with fury in The Shire.

Elrond only has Elves of the House. They may enter Rhudaur to annihilate a minion faction. Two resources
can give them +4 FN attacking in Rhudaur.

Cirdan has Elves of Edhellond, but are weak on land. They will overmatch minions on the open water.
No air or sea battle rules or guidelines have been made at this time. These elves will stay out of battles
until the Power Decks.

Thorin has Umli Traders in the Northern Waste. They will move south to aid these hero factions.
Thrain will have Folk of Durin. I do not have a plan for them in the Avatar Decks, but they could
ambush minions in Cardolan.

Interaction from hero factions in Anduin Vales is not expected.

1__Balin---Eriador---Rangers of the North
4__Balin---Eriador---Elves of Lindon
6__Balin---Eriador---Blue Mountain Dwarves
16__Balin---Eriador---Dunlendings
17__Balin---Eriador---Hillmen
20__Balin---Eriador---Petty-dwarves
10__Elrond---Eriador---Elves of the House
10__GANDALF---Eriador---Hobbits
dirhaval

The practice wars have ended.

Minions lost 5 factions, heroes two. The Rhudaur minion factions need to be played early.
This fuss had me think of switching Orcs of Angmar with Stone Trolls. However, thinking now I believe Elves of the House could not move without Doom of Choice since moving to Rhudaur is region movement. Elves of the House with those MERN resources are lethal.

The Heroes have one elf, dunadan, and dwarf factions to battle two wolf and two orc factions at a minimum. Two trolls and one wolf are stuck in Rhudaur with Elves of the House there with region movement ability. Hillmen, Dunlendings, and Petty-Dwarves are duplicated. This means that there might not be much battling in this territory during the Power Decks. I was tempted to exchange Umli Traders with Rangers of the North. But the Umit faction is along the path of Lord Thorin and the practice game would have failed the influence attempt against the Rangers. Elrond’s new deck has Herald of Gilgalad, which had me think to also give him Elves of Lindon in exchange for the second copy of Glory of Arnor Restored. Then Balin will include Woses of Old Pukel-land.

There were 14 battles. Blue MD were in six and killing four. Elves of Lindon were in three killing one. Rangers of the North easily killed A Few Recruits; now Ardagor has to be careful when he plays factions.

WM Wolves were in four and killing one. Hill Trolls were in three. A Few Recruits tried to kill Lossoth but tied. Then the BMD came to kill those orcs. Thought about decreasing FN of Elves of Lindon & BMD by one, but two troll and two warg factions nearby warrant the current hero FNs. MM Wargs may need a higher body. Rangers may be 7/6 not 8/5. I lowered FN for both Trolls by one. I lowered Umli Traders from 5 to 4.
dirhaval

The practice wars have ended.

Minions lost 5 factions, heroes two. The Rhudaur minion factions need to be played early.
This fuss had me think of switching Orcs of Angmar with Stone Trolls. However, thinking now I believe Elves of the House could not move without Doom of Choice since moving to Rhudaur is region movement. Elves of the House with those MERN resources are lethal.

The Heroes have one elf, dunadan, and dwarf factions to battle two wolf and two orc factions at a minimum. Two trolls and one wolf are stuck in Rhudaur with Elves of the House there with region movement ability. Hillmen, Dunlendings, and Petty-Dwarves are duplicated. This means that there might not be much battling in this territory during the Power Decks. I was tempted to exchange Umli Traders with Rangers of the North. But the Umit faction is along the path of Lord Thorin and the practice game would have failed the influence attempt against the Rangers. Elrond’s new deck has Herald of Gilgalad, which had me think to also give him Elves of Lindon in exchange for the second copy of Glory of Arnor Restored. Then Balin will include Woses of Old Pukel-land.

There were 14 battles. Blue MD were in six and killing four. Elves of Lindon were in three killing one. Rangers of the North easily killed A Few Recruits; now Ardagor has to be careful when he plays factions.

WM Wolves were in four and killing one. Hill Trolls were in three. A Few Recruits tried to kill Lossoth but tied. Then the BMD came to kill those orcs. Thought about decreasing FN of Elves of Lindon & BMD by one, but two troll and two warg factions nearby warrant the current hero FNs. MM Wargs may need a higher body. Rangers may be 7/6 not 8/5. I lowered FN for both Trolls by one. I lowered Umli Traders from 5 to 4.

Return to “Showcase”