DC complete DB

Moderators: Thorsten the Traveller, Vastor Peredhil

CardGameGeek

Hello,

I am currently working on a website project regarding "dead" CCG at large and the second game that will hit the site is MECCG, being one of my top favorite of all time.

On a general note the website will be a collection management/deckbuilding + other stuff to come.

But let's get to the point:
I would love to add not only the "real" cards but also the DC and Arda cards.
By any chance is it possible to have an xls/csv with all cards data ?
I am really trying to push wonderful games like MECCG, and I am pretty sure that letting people know there's a hard working community that keep developing amazing contents could only help the cause.
Also a lot of nice mechanic and theme have been brought to the game through DC cards and I think many more will find this very interesting.
Worst case scenario, you'll have a good looking online deckbuilder for MECCG ;) (export to GCCG will be developed).

Also, I tried to get the images through the SVN, but it does not work. I got many of them from a Facebook Group, but some are textless or missing the arts. It would be great to find a place to download the card images.

Last question: on LackeyCCG, I found an update with Firstborn and Great Worm. The last one I thought was an earlier version of Great Wyrms, but while a few cards match, most of them are different. What are exactly the "Official" DC sets ?

Thanks a lot for your time!
Regards
You can always find my MECCG Haves and Wants here.
Proud owner of cardgamegeek.com

In love with MECCG since 1995
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Nobody can rightfully claim to be the author of official dreamcard sets, only ICE made official meccg cards, and anybody can dream new cards :wink:

However, we (Nicolai & myself) have been most seriously and continuously involved with developing consistent dreamcard sets and game format, as well as promoting DC gaming at tournaments, for about 15 years now. We have finalized First-born and Durin's Folk, so that counts as the closest one can get to 'official', I suppose.

We have never been involved with Lackey, as we prefer gccg for gaming. Others have added content there, cannot say who for certain, nor how much that content differs from the 'official' Dreamcards.

We have been working for a time on getting the old svn repo back, after the server crashed (got hacked) in may. However, since we do not control that server and have had little success, we are now looking for other options. Meanwhile, pm me and I can webtransfer all the stuff you'd need.

yours
Eric
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
CardGameGeek

I do understand, thanks for the clear explanation.

For official I mean set that are commonly accepted in GCCG for play.

Dream card can be a vague term, since anyone can make some up, but not all are playtested and commonly accepted :D

I sent you a PM earlier, explaining all.

Thank you a lot!

Kjeld

Are you using the same architecture as the deck-building tool that was built for the LotR LCG? Because this one is really well-designed and easy to use:

http://ringsdb.com/
CardGameGeek

Not exactly, but it's something along these lines.

I will gladly share more details once the MECCG is live and finalized. So far I have just added VTES, to have a base and I am currently QA and looking to have all current features fixed.

I promise, once MECCG is live and ready, CoE will be the first place I will share the information to :)

It's not that I do not want people to see it for now, it's just there's a lot of bug to be fixed and I do not want to give the wrong impression

Return to “News, Issues, Questions”