How do I get the Dream Card sets and their rules?

Moderators: Thorsten the Traveller, Vastor Peredhil

darkyeoman

I'm interested in trying some dream cards, but I am having difficulty to find the files I can print or get printed, as well as the special rules that I presume come with some of these dream card sets.

I downloaded the svn files, but most of those images seem to have a rather low resolution--too low to print on cards through an online service. Are there files elsewhere I should be looking for?

Any help is much appreciated!
the JabberwocK
Ex Council Chairman

There are currently no available sets of Dream Cards, however, the good news is that the Necromancer DC set is due to be printed soon (for the first time) and the original First Folk set may also be re-printed at the same time (depending on if enough orders are received). So please send Eric and/or Nicolai a PM and let them know that you are interested in purchasing a set and they can provide you with the details.

I have attached links to their profiles below for quick reference:

Eric:
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=63

Nico:
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=40
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

the print out issue is actually easy to solve, intall MSE Magic set Editor and open the mse set files from there and select the print out option
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1460&hilit=mse

here is the link for the topic
darkyeoman

Thank you. I've found the msi files, which are helpful. I'll try printing some of these.

I've now also found the rules (in the SVN directory "dreamcard world/rules/").

Do you know where I can find a good resolution image of the card backs (resource/hazard/character, and site/region)?
darkyeoman

Which of the DC sets is considered the most polished or balanced or developed? I noticed that the MSE files often have multiple copies of cards with slightly different text or abilities.
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

The Firstborn and Durin's Folk sets have been finished. The Necromancer set will be finished soon. All other sets are still in development, and we use the mse files to test different versions. The exported jpg files are (normally) the currently used versions.
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
nico21000

darkyeoman wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:54 pm [snap] Do you know where I can find a good resolution image of the card backs (resource/hazard/character, and site/region)?
http://councilofelrond.org/forum/viewto ... =93&t=3604

Even better resolution available by PM.

Return to “News, Issues, Questions”