DC Poll: which expansion is next?

Moderators: Thorsten the Traveller, Vastor Peredhil

Which expansion should be finished next?

Middle-earth: The Great Wyrms
27%
Middle-earth: Nine for Mortal Men
3%
Middle-earth: The Northern Waste
31%
Middle-earth: Return of the Shadow
31%
Middle-earth: Treason of Isengard
3%
Middle-earth: War of the Ring
5%
other (post below)
No votes

Total votes: 62
gollum51

Thorsten the Traveller wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:56 pm
Darksatin wrote:
why not print The Northern Waste + Morgoth's Legacy ?
As soon as you write me a program or build me a machine that creates meccg expansions (and player guides) with the push of a button, we will :-)

It has crossed my mind indeed, but there are some considerations. If people think 15 new regions and 35 new sites is much to handle, 25 regions and 55 sites is even more overwhelming. Second, while MENW is based on MERP, MEML is mostly based on fan-written material, another step away from Tolkien canon. Third, direct player interaction might suffer in a NW scenario game where the map spans 8-9 regions from west to east.
Funny to read this a few years later. You did it, man! Congrats!
As far as the program that creates expansions is concerned, have you asked chatgpt :D
gollum51

Thanks again for yet another amazing piece of work on the cards and the guides. I have been reading through all the guides since my return from Lure (and loving it).

Even though there is a lot to digest, I could not help to get back to the poll to guess what will be next (once the DC team gets a well deserved rest and we have thoroughly explored the Northern Wastes of course)

I guess that the broad main options will be:
- Great Wyrms. Is the concept of dragon lords stabilised yet or is there more work to do?
- RS/TI/WR (possibly with cards allowing to use factions as armies). Either as a big block or at least release of Atani lords. Issue: “good guys” decks are already over-represented
- expanding towards the south - Probably the least “Tolkienesque” and least popular choice (but evil lords and Nazguls from the South would be cool)

Anything that I have missed?
Trotter

I guess that the broad main options will be:
- Great Wyrms. Is the concept of dragon lords stabilised yet or is there more work to do?
- RS/TI/WR (possibly with cards allowing to use factions as armies). Either as a big block or at least release of Atani lords. Issue: “good guys” decks are already over-represented
- expanding towards the south - Probably the least “Tolkienesque” and least popular choice (but evil lords and Nazguls from the South would be cool)
RS/TI/WR are amazingly thematic! I would love to see them being next!
Trotter was my name ere I was conceived as Man

Return to “News, Issues, Questions”