Arda Minion

CCG Collector

Re: Arda Minion

Post by CCG Collector » Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:01 am

Well, it took a significant amount of time, an appalling amount of money, and plenty of plain old-fashioned being in the right place at the right time, but I've finally assembled a full, physical Minion Arda deck based on Goblin King's decklist. Every card is legitimate, black-bordered MECCG (no proxies, no Wizards Unlimited, no Challenge Deck reprints), and every one in the list, including rare Balrog cards, MEAS R1s, and MELE chase rares are present and accounted for. The deck container is a black Dex Protection Supreme Game Chest with the removable compartments taken out for more space. All told, the box holds 1082 double-sleeved cards (1050-card deck plus 32 havens). Play deck is black, characters are dark blue (top right), minor items are purple, tested rings are red, MP sources are green, havens are clear, and the rainbow is a set of Ringwraiths and modes for all nine Avatars. Not pictured is a full set of minion locations, sleeved in grey, which wouldn't fit in the case and consequently have their own deck box (Ultimate Guard 80+ Deck Case, Land Edition (Swamp)). The inner sleeves are KMC Perfect Fits, and the outer sleeves are either Dragon Shield Mattes (the Ringwraith Rainbow) or KMC Hyper-Mats (everything else).

Now to find a local group to play with... :P
Middle Earth and other CCG unboxings, booster openings, and guides: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheCCGCollector

the Jabberwock
Council Chairman

Post by the Jabberwock » Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:25 pm

Nice job! Looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goblin King

Post by Goblin King » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:13 pm

That is a thing of beauty! Mine looks nowhere near as nice. I hope you are able to get it on a table locally. Or fly out to Sacramento California for ConQuest (March) or ConQuest Avalon (November) and we will play with you.
Pro tip on flying with a game cube: ALWAYS take it as your one carry on item. That way, you can be there when they inspect it and you can make sure they don't loose any cards. Too many people have checked game cubes into luggage only to find its been rifled and cards are now missing.

CDavis7M

Post by CDavis7M » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:09 pm

Wow! What a nice setup. That box is amazing too. I haven't heard of Dex Protection before but that's the nicest card box I've seen. Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

Return to “Arda”