Tournament ARDA - "The Race to Mount Doom"

Frodo
Ex Council Member

At Worlds in Barcelona, we tested a (very) casual tournament structure I came up with for ARDA. I call it "The Race to Mount Doom," and the basic idea is that during the weekend player keep track of how many Marshaling points they get in every game of ARDA played. At the end of the weekend, the player with the most MPs (and also the most wins, if any), is declared ARDA champ, and gets a cool prize.

The two documents I created, a tournament poster announcing the format and a tournament chart for listing your games, are attached here. If you hold an ARDA tourney, be sure to print a few pages of the tournament chart.

Some notes on the Barcelona Worlds ARDA tournament: all in all four arda games were played over the weekend; three of these had 5 players and the other had 3 players; and the winning arda avatars were Elrond, Gandalf, Pallando, and Galadriel.

Congratulations to Wolfgang, Mark, Karsten, and Carrie for winning their games. But a very special congratulations to KARSTEN!! He won the Arda Race to Mount Doom with an astonishing 65 marshaling points in three games, placing him about 5 points ahead of the runner-ups.

I encourage others to post their tournament results in this area!

--Frodo
Attachments
Tournament ARDA-Rules Poster.doc
(332 KiB) Downloaded 473 times
Tournament ARDA-Rules Poster.pdf
(397.94 KiB) Downloaded 513 times
Frodo
Ex Council Member

Here is the Tournament ARDA Score Chart.
Attachments
Tournament ARDA-Score Chart.doc
(69 KiB) Downloaded 472 times
Tournament ARDA-Score Chart.pdf
(46.15 KiB) Downloaded 496 times

Return to “Arda”