Cards for Arda Expanded World

Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

For Lure X I redid all the special Arda Expanded World cards.
It was a great effort, but with the help of the new mse tool, all cards are now in full available for printing.

Playtesting at Lure once again proved these cards can be a very cool addition to spice up your Arda deck! Just ask anyone who's played the Arda Expanded World game, it's a blast to see Kili attack Saruman over the possession of some Gems of Arda, or to look through a Palantir and steal your opponent's cards...

All cards have been revised for clarity and easier playing.

For lack of server space I will not post all cards here, but just a few appetizers in small jpg's. I've got pdf's for high quality printing, available upon request, just pm me. The mse files are also available via svn.

cheers
Eric

edit:
For your viewing pleasure, and for those who don't have large inboxes at their disposal, the pdf files for the Arda Expanded World cards can be downloaded now; again, you can also find the mse files on svn if you want to do your own quality printing. Enjoy!

Arda Expanded World Characters: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=COTX308H
Arda Expanded World Resources unique: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=E5LUOUUX
Arda Expanded World Resources non-unique: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TK0SNRYS
Arda Expanded World Hazards: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CEX7U34E
Attachments
Arda cards Eric - characters.zip
(1.77 MiB) Downloaded 857 times
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
thorondor
Ex Council Chairman

very cool (though i didnt play it at lure).

just one thing: why "Fallen Boromir"? technically, thats a different card than "boromir", so both cards can be in play at the same time - which of course is nonsense. make it a manifestation at least!
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Well, Fallen Boromir is on the flip side of regular Boromir (like all Fallen avatars), so they can never be in play at the same time :wink:

when you corrupt Boromir he becomes fallen, as Holger found out this Lure game, and he then is stronger which is helpful in all sorts of ways, yet also attackts more danger, as Holger also found out last game... :D
domse
Ex Council Member

Ju st for curiosity: Do you have Cracks of Doom in that deck? I read your new Frodo and you new Gandalf and was thinking that this might be a bit powerful...
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

No, and neither is Gollum's Fate.
Chances that you have Gandalf and Frodo together are already small, and I suppose nobody would trade you Cracks of Doom if you get The One out. :wink:

Nor do you need to win this way, One Ring gives massive bonusses and you need 20 MP to call, so if you manage to keep it around a few turns you have a good chance.

Either way, I'd say One Ring victory should not be an option at all for Arda, as improbable as it might be. Imo it's against the nature of multi-player in general, and definitely against the nature of a shared-deck game. Perhaps we should add that to the rules, but Arda as format is about simplicity.

The new text for Frodo is Joe's input, I'm a bit ambivalent about it still. While it is of course cool to see the One Ring in the game, it is a pity it will always be Frodo who (most likely) plays him. On the other hand, without Frodo/Bilbo your chances to keep The One around are not that great. I've seen even Frodo corrupted a few times with The One in a few games (Bert/Joe :wink: ).
domse
Ex Council Member

I agree on not allowing dunk in ARDA.
There just came a question concerning the ARDA Merry to my mind: What happens if I play a chance meeting on Merry. Can I play another hobbit without a second chance meeting or would i only technically be allowed to play one?
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Hmm, again a card by Joe, but the idea behind Merry is of course that he stirs up the Shire, and he drags other Hobbits along.
So yes I'd say with Chance Meeting you could play another Hobbit, as long as you have DI available of course. Maybe I should add the latter for clarity. Or maybe even without the necessary influence available? The Hobbit follows Merry, so to speak. Could be funny.

you seem to enjoy searching for the tricksy opportunities, that's always useful, keep them coming! :D
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

I've uploaded the pdf files for printing arda cards with megaupload, see the first post above.
domse
Ex Council Member

thanks very much, eric!
domse
Ex Council Member

I found a small mistake: truths of doom has the wrong symbol in the last line. I guess there still is no DI pile :lol:
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Thanks Domse, to have people searching for their DI pile is indeed not desired :D
fixed it
I thought I'd been thorough, but an extra pair of eyes always works, keep them coming!
Kjeld

Since megaupload is no longer available, at least in the US, is there another way to access the expanded Arda cards?
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

Sure, via SVN download if GCCG:

http://www.councilofelrond.org/forum/vi ... 9924#p9924

you do not need to play gccg, but you have to download(checkout the metw) folder which includes the ARDA MSE (magic set editor) files for it.

of course you can also play Arda via GCCG

yours Vastor aka Nicolai
cdnlife

I have a question about special Arda Expanded World cards. There are so many. Which ones are of excellent quality, necessary, really enhancing the interaction and gameplay of the game? I found:
BayOrmal
CentralPlains
Court
Dominion
DurinsFolk
Firstborn
GreatWyrms
KingdomNorth
MorgothsLegacy
MortalMen
Necromancer
NorthernWaste
RedNightfall
ReturnShadow
SunLands
TreasonIsengard
WarRing
VC1
VC2
VC3
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

Dude, ...
what your are listing are dream card & virtual card sets, and has nothing to do with "Arda" in itself

of course arda expended uses some cards from the Firstbonr & Durin's Folk set

but mainly you cannot grasp what we have done on GCCG SVN version unless you come and see for yourself

and all dream card sets are of excellent quality even the VC sets are nice, but even less play tested than most DC sets

also with the downloads on the top you ought to have everything you need for an expanded Arda

yours Vastor

Return to “Arda”