Arda Solitaire

kober

Yes, Arda is a multiplayer format, but would you like to play it even when your friends are not around?
It is now possible! I give you Arda Solitaire.
Arda Solitaire v0.2.pdf
(44.23 KiB) Downloaded 1620 times
PS. I would appreciate any feedback.
cdnlife

I am Roger, the one in Oakville.
Your rules for solitaire are interesting. They are similar to the ones of "calasmar" on BGG.
However, the main difference is calasmar was pairing a site with a playable card. Your system is closer to the "real" rules, that is you still have to travel to some particular sites to play a Greater, or a Major item, an Information, a Gold Ring. You have more freedom.
I hope we'll play together for real near Kipling.
I have not much experience but it has been years I've been inventing cards. The count is 1880 unique cards, 30% I made up. After mastering the basics, preferably with you face-to-face, I intend to add layers of complexity, like mixing Wizard, Fallen Wizard, Ringwraith, Balrog. Adding the Under-deeps. Making more playable the items, Palantiri, The One Ring and Dwarven rings. Etc.
Sincerely,
Roger
kober

Thanks for the tip, Roger. I had not been aware there was a solitaire version of the rules available already. Now, that you mentioned it, I've taken a look at BGG, but I can only find a Spanish translation of them. Alas, I don't speak the language. Do you happen to have the English version or should I just google-translate it?
CorumMc

These are great, thanks for posting them. I have been daunted by the idea of trying to build an Arda deck, as much by the volume of cards as anything. I'd envisioned using an Arda deck with two hands to play a kind of laid back solitaire, but this will work much better.

I wonder if you can build a themed deck from this? Maybe trolls, goblins and spiders against only dwarf/hobbit characters, and limiting the items and sites to those that would fit the theme and area.
kober

CorumMc wrote:I wonder if you can build a themed deck from this?
Certainly! My last deck for Arda Solitaire was constructed around a group of trolls burning Rohan and Gondor out from Dol Guldur. And the one before had Orcs of Angmar flavour, so theme-based deck-building is not just doable, but strongly desired.

Return to “Arda”