New Board for Arda

ChanSterling

Hey gang --

I just wanted to share some photos of my custom Arda game board I had printed.

After playing on the custom map that described all of the sites and regions, I realized I wanted something prettier (and maybe a touch simpler).
My Arda doesn't include cards featuring the Underdeeps, so I cut them and their associated lines. This helped clean up the map, and a few color splashes make it easier to read.

It's not for everyone, and not for the most ardent players, but I think it will greatly increase my enjoyment while in the world of Middle-Earth.

-Chan
Attachments
Deluxe board (24-00 x 18-00).jpg
Deluxe board (24-00 x 18-00).jpg (5.85 MiB) Viewed 9984 times
IMG_20180823_194232.jpg
IMG_20180823_194232.jpg (3.75 MiB) Viewed 9984 times
IMG_20180823_194221.jpg
IMG_20180823_194221.jpg (4.49 MiB) Viewed 9984 times
CCG Collector

It does look pretty spectacular overall, and I like the highlighting of the Haven regions, though I did notice that if you zoom in, there are many imperfections you introduced when updating the document: random dots of grey around the region squares, border issues (like at the top of Eriadoran Coast), unfilled letters like Ds and Os in the darkened regions, and so on. There are also compression artifacts around almost all of the lettering.

All that said, I'm sure you put plenty of work into this, and it does look great at a distance, so don't think I dislike it. I'm just bringing to your attention some issues that would bother me, and might bother others too.

What was your source document for this? The PDFs on BoardGameGeek seem to be vector-based, as you can zoom in as far as you like and everything is still crisp and clean.
Middle Earth and other CCG unboxings, booster openings, and guides: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheCCGCollector
ChanSterling

I'm very happy with how it turned out and it plays very well!

I realized that in my haste to use a coupon that I didn't clean up the grey sections and removing the Under-deeps has left a few stray blips.
I think the image I posted is just compressed, because the printed image is CRISP. It looks super sharp and the vector definitely helped in the update for my version.

Thank you for your feedback!
CDavis7M

Hi Chan. Your map looks great. What format did you print your map to? Is looks more like thick paper or a board game, instead of a neoprene game mat. Where did you get it done?

Return to “Arda”