Future of Lure of ME: prizes

The largest MECCG convention worldwide, located at an atmospheric castle in the heart of Europe. No important tournaments or championships are played at the Lure. Instead innovative ways to play our game are offered.
thorondor
Council Member

Future of Lure of ME: prizes

Post by thorondor »

Last Lure we had no prizes for tht top 3 players of tourneys for the first time.
With a few exceptions:
- since we had Worlds this time at Lure, there was a special prize pool for this event. Wont happen again (soon).
- the winner of each tourney still got a special Lure die. Will be continued, at least till supply lasts.
- Not really a prizes, still: Lure dice/promo for new players, reward for attending 10 times (cap) and 20 times (play mat). Will be continued, at least till supply lasts.

How did you feel about this? I am very much in favor of keeping the "no prizes" policy for several reasons:

- it takes a lot of efforts to take care of prize stuff each year. I am not so happy about this, in fact i am tired of it.
- its difficult to find something that players really like. Some prefer MECCG-related stuff only. Some already got everything they need for MECCG, so something else is wanted. Language shouldne be a matter (thats why boardgames sometimes were a problem). It should be small/light, cause many are travelling by plane.
- i dont like to have things produced, that shine for a few seconds, but then are hidden in a shelf at home.
- saving money
- the Lure event stands for having fun mostly, no extra incentive because of prizes.
- no prizes ceremonies on site: save a lot of time.

Your opinion?
Khamul the Easterling
Council Member

Re: Future of Lure of ME: prizes

Post by Khamul the Easterling »

Absolutely agree! It's not for the prizes that players take part in tournaments I guess. I much appreciate all your efforts over the last years to come up with prices, but I fully concur with each of the points you've listed.
gollum51

Post by gollum51 »

Agreed. It was of course nice to get prizes, but not getting them any more is not an issue at all.

It would be nice to keep the tradition of announcing the winners/top three in the morning announcements. Glory is the best prize :D
Muad'Dib

Post by Muad'Dib »

Also agree, maybe except dice tower we were talking this year :P I promise to bring it next year, use it and give you a proof it can be nice prize :D
IMustNotFear.FearIsTheMind-Killer.FearIsTheLittle-death ThatBringsTotalObliteration.IWillFaceMyFear.
IWillPermitItToPassOverMeAndThroughMe.
AndWhenItHasGonePast,IWillTurnTheInnerEyeToSeeItsPath.
WhereTheFearHasGoneThereWillBeNothing. OnlyIWillRemain.

Return to “Lure of MECCG”