Lure XI program discussion

The largest MECCG convention worldwide, located at an atmospheric castle in the heart of Europe. No important tournaments or championships are played at the Lure. Instead innovative ways to play our game are offered.
thorondor
Ex Council Chairman

the program is up at the lure site:
http://www.lureofmeccg.org/program.php
but its not yet set in stone. so some changes may still happen. and you got the chance to initiate changes here.
so lets hear what you have got to say ...
zirilan

:D Hi fellow LUREians,

in order to plan ahead some tournaments it would be nice to know what everyone would like to play and what everyone does not like to play.

Example:

zirilan wants to play: Cool Play Tournament, Hero Sealed, Arda Boxed Game, White Mithril
zirilan does not want to play: General Opponent, Minion Sealed, Hamburger Scenario, Pool Sealed, Crap Sealed

The more tournaments we know players want to participate and which not, the better tournament times can be placed (once participants number is known the amount of rounds to play can be adjasted for example).
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Seems to me that by stating what you DO like to play, you automatically indicate what you don't want to play. :wink:
Unless you want to express certain antipathy for a game format of course, but that seems unnecessary.

Adanedhel/Thorsten the Traveller must play: Dreamcard General Opponent, Dreamcard Challenge Decks, Arda Experience.
Adanedhel/Thorsten the Traveller may play: Coolplay (if schedule allows), Dragonhunt (if Akhorahil is banished :wink: )
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
Darksatin

I have noticed that the Hamburger Scenario Tournament is now on Saturday evening (3 rounds).
Last year, we were 10 players, so we made 4 rounds (on Saturday morning and Saturday afternoon).
Why not 2 scenario tournaments simultaneously on Saturday afternoon ?
And I have made 2 preconstructed decks for last minute players...
PS : with this program, I (and Frank Stassin) can't play the DCCD tournament on Saturday evening...
Taurelin

I would like to take part in the Cool Play (constructed) tournament on Saturday.

I'm also interested in the Arda Boxed Game, although I have never played it. If I understand it correctly, for this I don't have to bring my own deck, but all players simply play with the same shared card pool, right?

Apart from that, if anyone has some time for some totally casual, non-competitive games to help me get back into playing again, I will be deeply grateful. :wink:
"My sky is darker than thine!"
SENTENCED - 1993
Ringbearer
Ex Council Member

I will play 2DGO on saturday (and volunteer to lead it again) and I like to play DCCD on friday if preferable. I like to reserve saturday evening for board games.
"I used to roll the dice, feel the fear in my enemies eyes."
- Coldplay, Viva la Vida.

Gaming is life, the rest is just dice rolls.
- John Kovalic, Dork Tower
Fangorn
Ex Council Member

I have noticed that the Hamburger Scenario Tournament is now on Saturday evening (3 rounds).
Last year, we were 10 players, so we made 4 rounds (on Saturday morning and Saturday afternoon).
Why not 2 scenario tournaments simultaneously on Saturday afternoon ?
As Dominique asked, would it be possible to run Hamburger scenario Saturday morning and afternoon ?
This tournament just like Cool Play will have enough players attending it.
Otherwise it would be not fair to play only 3 rounds in the evening.
Moreover, some players like Bert prefer playing boardgames on Saturday evening.

P.S. : Dominique and me are volunteer again to run it !
Hrum, Hoom ! Do not be hasty, that is my motto.
thorondor
Ex Council Chairman

i dont think its a good idea to have Cool Play and hamburger in parallels. both are scenario-oriented and attracting a similar sort of players. and with Cool Play being the biggest (14 players last year) it has to be played in at least 4 rounds.

what would you say about having hamburger on friday. playing the first round BEFORE dinner, 3 more rounds in the evening.
dragonhunt will be moved then (probably to sunday).

anyway: if you (those who want to play Hamburger) would like to have the tounrey on saturady morning/afternoon at all means, of course i will cahnge the program accordingly.
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Well, I know a couple of Hamburgers who would probably want to play the DCGO, so moving it to friday night doesn't seem like a good idea. In fact, now it is pared with DCCD, not sure if they'd want to play that either.

Anyway, playing a GO is always exhausting, more exhausting than other formats (except drinking game perhaps :wink: ), so I wonder why DCGO can't start friday afternoon, and last into the evening? We might end up in bed before 4 a.m. for once :D

I don't see scheduling conflicts with hero sealed or challenge-deck players, those will prolly not play DC games. The only issue of course is: can everybody get there on time!? (myself included, I know)

Otherwise Hamburger might move to friday afternoon, that slot is kinda wide open still. Well if everybody wants to play 4 rounds, you're bound to have some schedule conflicts of course.
Shapeshifter
Ex Council Member

Thorsten the Traveller wrote: Anyway, playing a GO is always exhausting, more exhausting than other formats (except drinking game perhaps :wink: ), so I wonder why DCGO can't start friday afternoon, and last into the evening? We might end up in bed before 4 a.m. for once :D

I don't see scheduling conflicts with hero sealed or challenge-deck players, those will prolly not play DC games. The only issue of course is: can everybody get there on time!? (myself included, I know)
Mario and me will probably arrive later in the afternoon on Friday (between 4.00 and 5.00 pm). Of course we both would like to attend DCGO, though.
Sauron
Ex Council Chairman

If the White Mithril Scenario is being played this year, I would recommend a few rules changes to it.

Mark Alfano and I basically broke the scenario when we played in the tournament.
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Mario and me will probably arrive later in the afternoon on Friday (between 4.00 and 5.00 pm). Of course we both would like to attend DCGO, though.
Man, you 2 live closest by of all, and you arrive last to the scene, what's up with that? :roll:
ok then we keep it for the evening and sleep another day

@Sauron. Why do you two keep breaking things? that's just evil. :lol: Well, as I recall it, it was broken from the first time on, but changes have been made time and again. Bit late to report though.
Sauron
Ex Council Chairman

Thorsten the Traveller wrote:@Sauron. Why do you two keep breaking things? that's just evil. :lol: Well, as I recall it, it was broken from the first time on, but changes have been made time and again. Bit late to report though.
Oh you know, Sauron likes to break things.

If I could get a current copy of the rules, I'll let you know if our tricks would still work and how to correct them.
Fangorn
Ex Council Member

Cool Play and hamburger in parallels. both are scenario-oriented and attracting a similar sort of players
Indeed both are scenario-oriented.
But last year, with 14 players for Cool Play and 10 players for Hamburger Scenario, the number of players who attended both is ... only one !
Hrum, Hoom ! Do not be hasty, that is my motto.
i gwanunig

Fangorn wrote:
But last year, with 14 players for Cool Play and 10 players for Hamburger Scenario, the number of players who attended both is ... only one !
Please leave me out of this discussion :D
What business does an Elf, a Man and a Dwarf have in the Steiermark? Speak quickly!

Return to “Lure of MECCG”