Lure of MECCG XIV

The largest MECCG convention worldwide, located at an atmospheric castle in the heart of Europe. No important tournaments or championships are played at the Lure. Instead innovative ways to play our game are offered.
thorondor
Ex Council Chairman

of course there is another Lure in 2014!
its going to happen from 21st to 23rd february, as always at Castle Stahleck in Germany.
for more information check out the homepage http://www.eaglecard.org/lureofmeccg/
cu there!
Mordakai
Council Member

Any chance of reading some reports and/or seeing some pics of the event? Please share part of the joy of Lure with the ones like me that were not able to attend...
Thanks a lot.
C'mon, not the Elves of Lindon AGAIN...
zirilan

Mordakai wrote:Any chance of reading some reports and/or seeing some pics of the event? Please share part of the joy of Lure with the ones like me that were not able to attend...
Thanks a lot.
I am still waiting for the photos from the photographer Stavros to put something decent together. Also after writing the reports I need them to be corrected by Uli to wipe out the errors in english language. After that it has to be put into a nice layout like in the previous years. Please be patient, the reports and results will follow.
Mordakai
Council Member

zirilan wrote: Please be patient, the reports and results will follow.
I'll try :wink:
Taurelin

Well, here's my report.

Friday:

In contrast to previous years, my familiy didn't accompany me this time. I arrived at the castle quite early, so there was plenty of time to check-in and say hello to several people.

After Wolfgang's introduction, I took part in the German Hero-Sealed tournament. The first game was against Domse. Unfortunately we had got identical fixed packs, so neither of us got any of the good characters (Beorn or Gimli). I managed to get ahead, mostly because I found my wizard earlier. But Domse skillfully recovered, and I lost 2:4 in the end. Perfectly fair. The second game vs Jürgen was extremely close. In my last turn, we had the same number of MPs, but I had a company at the Wind-Throne an Dreams of Lore in hand. So the decision was: Do I risk entering the site (with an enhanced auto-attack) for the chance of victory, or do I just play safely, doing nothing, for a 3:3. I chose the second option, was totally happy, until I lost a character and an item to the final corruption check at the council. 2:4 Image. The last match vs Roberto was a 4:2. A nice and normal game in which I just accomplished a bit more than him.

By the evening, Jobsti and his girls had already arrived, and we gathered for some relaxed rounds of Arda together with our Dutch friend Gert-Jan.

Saturday:

This was LotR-LCG-day for me. Wolfang was so kind to provide some promo-stuff (nightmare decks etc). But not too many people seemed interested. Still, Jobsti and David were eager to play a tutorial with the preconstructed decks and an easy adventure. In the afternoon Jürgen and I got together and tried some more advanced scenarios in Moria. Once we succeeded, once we failed when we could already see the light from outside. Still, lots of fun! :wink:

In the evening there was another highlight: Cool Play! I had brought (again!) my Alatar/Boromir/Faramir deck and was desperate to make it work at least once. The first match vs David (Esp) went extremely well. I fullfilled one scenario (Boromir) and gathered so many MPs and Cool Play turns that I ended up with a massive 9 tournament points. The second match vs Beornd was extremely hard. I had to deal with some annoying agents and fell behind on MPs. But the Cool Plays were enough so that the final result was a 7:7. The last game vs Thomas, who won the tournament in the end, started in the worst possible way. Even before my first turn ended, I had 2 wounded characters (including the wizard, I think) and he had 3 Cool Play points from multiple trolls and Dunlendings. What a god-draw! From that point on, there was no way to catch up again, but still the 3 TPs I gathered were enough for the 3rd place :!: . Hooray! :D

Sunday:

Originally, I had planned to take part in the Pool Sealed, but spontaneously decided to skip that and just play some more casual rounds of Arda instead. After all, that's what the weekend was supposed to be about: fun, not stress.

And that was it. Lots of fun, lots of meetings with nice people and friends. Thanks to all players who were there, and especially to Wolfgang for organizing the event and for being such a generous host. Hope to see you all next year.
"My sky is darker than thine!"
SENTENCED - 1993
zirilan

READ ON OWN RISK
READ ON OWN RISK - READ ON OWN RISK
Mordakai
Council Member

OMG, that should have been a remarkale Drinking Game!!
zirilan

Two weeks you had to wait for the coolest
report of the coolest tournament there was
at Lure XIV.

It contains three new decks:
  • Wiet the Birdwatcher Challenge Deck
  • Dunking the Basque Way Challenge Deck
  • Alex' Lure XIV Hero Cool Play Deck
..and it contains also a summary of my three
matches.

The descriptions can't challenge Birk Pinkers
(Birk Pfeiffers) Challengedeck_o97 V9.pdf
Since they might contain typing errors,
grammar errors, layout errors, etc.
But nether the less YOU are keen to read it
because they contain fancy IMAGES and are
colourful, gotcha!

Lure XIV - Hero Cool Play Tournament Report
Lure XIV - Hero Cool Play Tournament Report
Mordakai
Council Member

Great, thanks!!
Brabo

Thanks Alex, that was a fun read!
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
On gccg my name is 'Wisp'
Brabo

Edit: double post.
Last edited by Brabo on Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
On gccg my name is 'Wisp'
zirilan

Once I got the photos from the Birdwatcher-walk in the woods of Bacharach ... there might be a nice a report about that walk too, and about the Birdwatchers Lesson 1: Do not litter. .... maybe we have some photos from the geo-cache walk in 2013 somewhere too ... not sure someone made photos.
zirilan

:shock: its been a while, any other reports from players ?
zirilan

:shock: Another month faded away, no news, no reports, no photos? :shock:
zirilan

:shock: :shock: Its already 24. of May, and yet I do not see progress in Photos or Reports??

Return to “Lure of MECCG”