Lure of MECCG XIV

The largest MECCG convention worldwide, located at an atmospheric castle in the heart of Europe. No important tournaments or championships are played at the Lure. Instead innovative ways to play our game are offered.
Mordakai
Council Member

Hear, hear, we are thisty of tales and pics :(
C'mon, not the Elves of Lindon AGAIN...
Shapeshifter
Ex Council Member

Well, if I had more time... :cry:

... I would tell you more about one of the most amazing games I ever played. One Ring (characterless) vs. One Ring (Lucky Searching at Mount Doom), it was against Antonio the winner of this year's GO tourney. Ok, now that I started the story I could just as well finish it... in short :wink:
It was in the last round of the GO and we both knew that either of us who would dunk will most likely win the tournament. This depended, however, on the result of the game of the two (at that time leading persons), Martin and Kike. I'm not sure but think that one of them needed to win 6-0 and the other one 6-0 or 5-1 to still win the tournament if Antonio or me would dunk.

I played the Lucky Search deck. It was after many many turns (as you are not allowed to play hazards against a player without characters in play this slows you down considerably) when Antonio finally stood at Mount Doom with Radagast/Thorin, a precious gold ring and the Scroll (well finally some charcters were played :wink: ): My company stood there as well with some precious gold rings. It was my turn at that time and I knew that Antonio would most likely dunk during his next turn (he had Lure of MECCG out and probably some Wizard's Test and Cracks of Doom either already in hand or in his ultra thin play deck. I had a Wizard's Test in hand during orga phase but no Cracks of Doom an no Lure of MECCG or Old Friendship but a rather good chance to draw into those cards during m/h-phase. I decided to test for the one in the orga phase, without the scroll I needed a 10 or more. I rolled...11! :D :shock: During m/h-phase I also drew the Cracks but unfortunately none of the helper cards to dunk. This meant I had to either risk the roll of 9+ on Cracks (The One was on Bilbo who was under Gandalf's DI) or wait another turn an hope that Antonio would not manage to influence The One away from me. I went with the 2nd choice which turned out to be the worse choice. In his turn Antonio of course tried to influence The One away from Bilbo with 3! Old Friendships and Radagast's free DI of 10 - so would be automatic. Honestly I was not aware that it is possible to influence away an item held by a character that is controlled by the Wizard. We checked the rules and they turned out to be in Antonio's favour: You are not allowed to influence away an item, an ally or a follower unter the influence of a Wizard, an item controlled by a follower may be influenced, though. That was the end - 7-0 for Antonio and the tournament win. Congrats again, Antonio, you played fantastic.
Maybe I get a revenge next year :D

Cheers,
Karsten
Shapeshifter
Ex Council Member

I just realized that the results of 2014 are still not present on the Lure page. Wolfgang, do you have that in mind? :D
thorondor
Ex Council Chairman

i do, but i am still lacking all the results from birk. guess i should contact him ...
Fangorn
Ex Council Member

Any news about tournament results ?
Hrum, Hoom ! Do not be hasty, that is my motto.

Return to “Lure of MECCG”