LOTR LCG at Lure XV

The largest MECCG convention worldwide, located at an atmospheric castle in the heart of Europe. No important tournaments or championships are played at the Lure. Instead innovative ways to play our game are offered.
thorondor
Ex Council Chairman

last year there have been a few that liked to play Lord of the Rings LCG during the Lure weekend. now i was asked by several players if its possible to have more LOTR action this year. i cant see why not?

there is no need to organise a lot in advance. space is no problem, though depending on the number of players it will be decided where LOTR will be played.

of course you have to bring your own decks. you will have the chance to form a grop on site. if you want to organize teams before hand, you may use this forum here.

i iwll be able to provide some special scenarios, such as Fog on the Barrow-dows (in German), Over Hill and Under Hill Nightmare Mode, The Battle of Laketown, The Massing at Osgiliath, and some more.

there will be prizes (from several Game Night Kits). since there are no tournaments, it will be a lottery (the more games you play the better chances you have to win something).

for registration you have to go to the Lure site at www.eaglecard.org/lureofmeccg/
Nerdmeetsyou

Hi LOTR-Fans,

I will be taking over the organisation of this event. And would be happy to see a lot of LOTR LCG Fans.

I will be bringing a complete set of all the cards - including all the adventures currently available. Also in nightmare mode where they are available in German.
Also I will be bringing some additional decks for people who want to join us playing.
If you have never played this game before I will be happy to show you the rules.

It would be great if we coud find a day to focus playing one or multible campaigns. Or specific Quests.
Who would be interested in playing in general, on what day and are there any scenarios you would prefere?
Maybe we could even organise a special Fellowship event for the "Fog on the Barrow-downs" quest?
Nerdmeetsyou

Hi LOTR-Fans,

I will be taking over the organisation of this event. And would be happy to see a lot of LOTR LCG Fans.

I will be bringing a complete set of all the cards - including all the adventures currently available. Also in nightmare mode where they are available in German.
Also I will be bringing some additional decks for people who want to join us playing.
If you have never played this game before I will be happy to show you the rules.

It would be great if we coud find a day to focus playing one or multible campaigns. Or specific Quests.
Who would be interested in playing in general, on what day and are there any scenarios you would prefere?
Maybe we could even organise a special Fellowship event for the "Fog on the Barrow-downs" quest?
Taurelin

I would be very happy to play a few rounds of LotR-LCG this year, too.

I could bring along
- my upgraded Spirit/Lore deck (Eowyn, Glorfindel 2.0, Elrond)
- an additional Tactics/Leadership Dwarf-deck for another player (the deck is not very strong, however)
- all scenarios from the Khazad-Dûm cycle
- the first three Mirkwood-adventures in nightmare-mode
"My sky is darker than thine!"
SENTENCED - 1993
Nerdmeetsyou

Hi Tauelin,

we also play most games in easy mode (but without the additional ressource tokens at the beginning. So a mode somewhere between normal and easy. As we deem easy as too easy and normal as too hard.) So the power level of the decks should not be a problem.
Also I will be brining my whole collection of player cards. So we will be able to built player decks on the fly as company decks to your decks, if necessary.

I will be bringing all currently released quests and all currently released nightmare quests. (But all wil be in German.) (And will be happy to lend them out.)

My girlfriend will be coming to LURE, too. She is a big fan of the LCG, too. I'm already looking forward to our games with you.
Pentaar

Hi...

Framsburg started with the first scenario of the LOTR LCG a week ago :)

Therefore we would like to join the sessions at the upcomin LURE.
Between one and three participants would join, depending if I am on my own or if Martin and Peter will join this year.

Could you please register us for playing with you?
Please keep in mind that we are all rookies and up until now only played the tutorial scenario.
So, we would appreciate a lot if you could give us an introduction to deck building and the game in general.

Thanks a lot and kind regards,
Wolli
The bigger they are, the harder they fall...

Return to “Lure of MECCG”