Lure XV: Dreamcard Tournaments

The largest MECCG convention worldwide, located at an atmospheric castle in the heart of Europe. No important tournaments or championships are played at the Lure. Instead innovative ways to play our game are offered.

In which DC event would you like to participate?

Poll ended at Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:01 pm

FF GO, Friday 16.00-24.00 (4 rounds with dinner break)
54%
FF GO, Friday 19.30-24.00 (3 rounds)
23%
DC GO, Friday 16.00-24.00 (4 rounds with dinner break)
8%
DC GO, Friday 19.30-24.00 (3 rounds)
No votes
FF GO, Saturday 10.00-17.00 (4 rounds)
8%
DC GO, Saturday 10.00-17.00 (4 rounds)
8%
other (specify below)
No votes

Total votes: 13
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

For years at Lure we have organized 2 DC tournaments: General Opponent (GO, Friday evening) and Challenge Deck (CD, Saturday evening).

As we now have First Folk cards in hand (yay! 8)) , we hope and anticipate more players would like to join in the DC fun. But some would perfer a DC tournament with and others without cards from all DC expansions (i.e. First Folk only). Furthermore, it would be great to host a 4 round tournament, but starting in the evening there isn't enough time, so we would have to start earlier and do 1 round before dinner.

So if you like to participate, please select a poll option, and explain your choice below (up to 2 options may be selected).

nb. In case people need encouragement: for each DC tournament the first prize includes an uncut First Folk printsheet!

thanks
Eric & Nicolai
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Eric: DC FF 4 rounds friday, and DC GO 4 rounds saturday. One can never have enough DC games!
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

Nico: that way I can finally play something competive & enjoyable on Saturday for the 1st time at LURE ;)

edit Eric: so Nico means DCGO Friday 4 rounds, and DCFF saturday 4 rounds
zirilan

... and if you win Cool Play Tournament as well you will get a scissor to finally cut that printsheet :lol:
gollum51

I cast my vote for a Friday FF tourney.

Feedback for FF has been extremely positive in the French community.
DC is a step too far for me as I do not know the cards from the other sets. However, I will gladly and immediately join the DC tourney when the other DC sets are printed :wink: :wink:

For info, I suspect that a lot of Frenchmen will want to save Saturday for the hamburger format.

Hervé
Grishnakh

I like to play DCFF GO on Friday too, to play the new printed cards :D
But for me 3 Rounds in the evening is enough to start with a DC event for the first time.

If I enjoy it, I will join the DCCD on Saturday Evening too.

Cheers,
Heiko / Grishnakh [-me_eye-]
Cheers,
Heiko / Grishnakh
Shapeshifter
Ex Council Member

I voted for FF GO, Friday 16.00-24.00 (4 rounds with dinner break). I like the idea of 4 rounds. Moreover I like to stick to the FF cards only because you don't have to print, cut and paste your cards and don't need to check for recent card changes/additions (time is short nowadays). To start earlier on Saturday is no option for me because of the (normal) 2-deck GO tourney.
Fangorn
Ex Council Member

IMO it should be MeFF, in order to catch new players.
Playing with real cards is great.
For sure MeDC lures less people.

Usually tournament is very long to begin, although most players have knowledge of DC.
With more people and people beginning with DC, one round must thus be played before lunch.
Hrum, Hoom ! Do not be hasty, that is my motto.
shadow and flame

Well, well, well....
As Karsten mentioned I also would like to play the GO on Saturday.
A DCGO on Friday would thrill me - with the option to play a Dragon Lord :-)))
But the printed cards in hand are quite a good reason to draw a line and focus on them.
So I also vote for DCFF GO on Friday (hopefully with enough players and 4 rounds)

I am not really sure about the DCCD on Sunday or playing a DCGO at that time.
But I did not made my opinion about that.
Cheers Mario
You take my life
but i`ll take yours too...
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Ok, we have run the poll long enough and there seems to be a certain consensus. So this will be the scheduled DC Tournaments at Lure XV.

Friday 16.00: General Opponent: First Folk only. 4 rounds.
details:
- Joining in 2nd round (19.30) is possible (with a 0 TP bye).
- All alignments are allowed.
- Allowed: all official cards, German Promo's, First Folk cards (+ region cards Misty Mountains).
- Not allowed: other dc cards, Unexpected Party/Hands of the Healer/Northern Waste cards/sites, Lure Promo.

Saturday 19.30: Dreamcard Challenge Decks. 3 rounds.
details:
- challenge decks can be found on gccg.
- player guides can be found via svn at metw/doc/dccd player guides, or otherwise at core/decks/metw/player guides (these are older versions).
- playing a preferred deck is possible, taking into account equal amount of minion and hero players (and first come first serve).

For both tournaments, read the DC General Rules and Lord-player Rules carefully!
For both tournaments the 1st prize is an Uncut First Folk printsheet 8)

Return to “Lure of MECCG”