Pre-registration for Worlds 2009 and Provisional Program

MECCG World Championship discussion forum.
cram
Ex Council Member

Pre-inscription is opened.
Any of you who are interested in participating in one of the most important MECCG events don't doubt to come, you're wellcome.
Oscar Coromina is working in a website for this Championship, as soon as we can we'll place a link to allow everybody to see all information at once.
Before this site works, who is interested in coming to Barcelona please contact me at cramroca@yahoo.com

For the main Weekend, from July 17th to 19th, we have booked a youth hostel to play our games. Staying two nights (Friday and Saturday) + two breakfasts + Saturday lunch and Friday and Saturday dinner costs 68 Euros. Of course you can stay where you want, but it has all comodities to avoid you preocupations during the event.

We have been asked to try to organize a bigger event,
more days, more casual games. Unfortunately due to time it is not possible now. We should begin again to look for a site (as the current one would not be available), which had all perfect conditions to play our game; and there is no time to look for it, every day which comes closer to the date is much more difficult to get any.

So this is the reason for which I will ask all assistants to write me some more information about their trip, when will they arrive and leave Barcelona (or Girona), this way we can meet and plan some activities to do together, even some casual events if interested. We can also try to find a cheap hostel to stay all together.

And the provisional program:

Friday: Virtual card and Hero 1 deck in afternoon, Minion sealed and arda at night

Saturday: Semi-finals and Challenge Decks in afternoon; Drinking Game and more ARDA at Night

Sunday: Nations cup (hero, or hero and minion, not decided yet); Finals; ARDA

Everybody who could be interested in playing any other tournament which is not in the list, just tell me, it can easily be included in the program, we simply need 4 players to realize it.

There is a fee of 10 Euros for playing worlds, of course this funds will be used as prize support. All tournaments will have good prices, and there will be prices for all assistants, of course.

We will also have internet access all the weekend. So we will have the chance to update tournament results at the moment in the website and playing online games (so everybody can be part of this meeting at least from home), and also to initiate some players to this online version.

Here you have a little resume of what you'll find at this year World's. As I said before, if you have any question don't doubt to ask. All posts will be updated (specially assistants) at least every week if there are changes.

Greetings from Barcelona!!!
cram
Ex Council Member

Confirmed assistants.

AUSTRIA
Thomas Schrei
Wolfgang Penetsdorfer

GERMANY
Dominic Kempf
Heiner Viefhues
Karsten Gerland
Mario Nau-Theissen
Patrik Laxander

NETHERLANDS
Bert Claessen

SPAIN
Agustín Lozano
Antonio Flores
Enrique Navarro
Germán Ruiz
Héctor de Andrés
Imanol Gris
Jaume Francesc
Jordi Gómez
Jordi Sorribes
Jose San
Librado Pacha
Marc Roca
Miguel Tarín
Oscar Coromina
Roberto Baraja
Sergi Tubert
Toni Nayach

USA
Joe Bisz
Mark Alfano
Last edited by cram on Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:31 am, edited 15 times in total.
zarathustra
Ex Council Chairman

Here's another confirmed assistant: Mark Alfano

I will arrive on Wednesday, July 15, so I am happy to hang out and play games with anyone who arrives early. I will leave on July 22nd, so I can also hang out and play games with anyone who leaves late.
http://www.alfanos.org
Temujin

Antonio Flores will be there
Balin
Ex Council Member

Absolutely! :twisted:
__

Let them come! There is one dwarf yet in Moria that still draws breath!
i gwanunig

I arrive on Barcelona/es Terminal B on Thursday 16.Juli 2009, 13:25

and stay til Monday 20.Juli 2009, 14:20

See you there
Thomas
What business does an Elf, a Man and a Dwarf have in the Steiermark? Speak quickly!
thorondor
Ex Council Chairman

i just got my plane tickets:
arriving in barcelona on thursday, 16th 15.15
leaving on monday, 20th 10.30

looking forward to hang out with you guys at least on thursday evening. too bad i couldng get more free days.

Return to “Worlds”