Worlds 2014

MECCG World Championship discussion forum.

Would you probably attend if Worlds 2014 were held in San Francisco, California, on...

Poll ended at Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:07 pm

July 18-20
9%
July 25-27
9%
August 1-3
10%
August 8-10
13%
August 15-17
8%
August 22-24
9%
August 29-31
10%
September 5-7
11%
September 12-14
11%
September 19-21
13%

Total votes: 103
dirhaval

What are the typical activities, if any, the group does in the city? I will be going out
to ballroom and salsa dance...already found a salsa dance club south of the park.

Please direct me to any post or please post tips of carrying cards with you on flights
and if any trouble from security arises with dice and cards....you never know these days.

Thank you.
briannocheeze
Ex NetRep

An August 8-10, or maybe even one of the July dates might give me a chance of convincing my family to commit our summer vacation to this trip. Help with housing would go a long way but it may be a bit to ask for a family of four with two young kids (6 & 3.5 yrs). Sealed and challenge deck would be the only events I would participate in.
Dior

I live in the greater SF Bay Area, so having a Worlds event that's in my neighborhood would be amazing!! I have been so envious of those people that play at Lure or Worlds each year. Being able to attend for once would be great... except that despite owning thousands of MECCG cards for a decade or more, I'm still not very experienced. :-/ I guess I will need to brush up on my skills in 2014! :-)

Weekends I can't do:
August 1-3
August 8-10
September 12-14

Other weekends are all possibilities, some better than others so I voted accordingly.
Last edited by Dior on Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shadow and flame

Hi Mark! In the last days the thought of visiting USA matured in me.
San Francisco sounds great. I am planing to come, but I am bound to our summer holidays.
So I vote for a date in august -best in late august!
cheers Mario
You take my life
but i`ll take yours too...
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

same here, though the vacations are earlier, also I still have some dates to check but the idea to make it becomes more real these last days

mfg Nicolai
cram
Ex Council Member

I would also like to come this year.
My preferences are July or September, as flights are cheaper and would like to spend at least 2 weeks in the Western Coast, but probably last weekend of August would work too.
dirhaval

When will the dates be set? I want to be ready for flight-finding; I think the Eagles will be in the Andes by late August.
Smaug

Hi Marc,

based on some talk on Lure 2 weeks ago I suggest to fix a date for Worlds as soon as possible!
The players that are in general willing to come urgently need the date for their planning (especially if coming with their wife/GF for holidays).
Futhermore the flights are cheaper the longer in the future the flight is (at least in general) which is as well an important criteria for attending/not attending. I fear the longer we will wait the less people will attend in the end!

Greeting from Cologne and hope to see you soon

Heiner
Smaug

Hi Marc,

based on my talk with the potential players for worlds at Lure I urgently suggest to fix a date for the worlds. They need the date for their holiday planning and flight bookings. The longer we wait with fixing a date the less player from europe willattend in the end, I fear at least!

Many Greetings and hope to see you in California

Heiner
Smaug

Hi Marc,

I suggest to close the panel asap and fix a date for world! The longer we do not a have a fixed date for worlds the less people will attend from Europe (due to holiday planning, flight booking). At least this was my impression when talking with players at Lure.

Cheers

Heiner
Smaug

Hi Marc,

I suggest to close the panel asap and fix a date for world! The longer we do not a have a fixed date for worlds the less people will attend from Europe (due to holiday planning, flight booking). At least this was my impression when talking with players at Lure.

Cheers

Heiner
Smaug

Hi Marc,

I suggest to close the panel asap and fix a date for world! Best the one with the most votes that is longest in the future ;-).
The longer we do not a have a fixed date for worlds the less people will attend from Europe (due to holiday planning, flight booking). At least this was my impression when talking with players at Lure.

Cheers

Heiner
Smaug

Hi Marc,

I suggest to close the panel asap and fix a date for world! Best the one with the most votes that is longest in the future ;-).
The longer we do not a have a fixed date for worlds the less people will attend from Europe (due to holiday planning, flight booking). At least this was my impression when talking with players at Lure.

Cheers

Heiner
zirilan

Hi Heiner,

maybe you could suggest Marc to close the panel asap and fix a date for world.

Greetings Alex
marcos
Council Member

zirilan wrote:Hi Heiner,

maybe you could suggest Marc to close the panel asap and fix a date for world.

Greetings Alex
lol :D

Return to “Worlds”