Details on the upcoming Worlds 2008!

MECCG World Championship discussion forum.
Shapeshifter
Ex Council Member

Vastor Peredhil wrote:after looking into the shedule in detail I wonder if we could not switch the times for the virtual and and the dream card event
If there will be the Qualifier on Friday I will attend it in all cases. But because I really want to play Dream Cards as well, I beg you not to switch times with the Virtual tournament.
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

well, if not many people plan to come on thursday, everything is automatically cramped a bit, because I suppose most people will want to play main event and that might up take two whole days. So you'd have to consider the two paths (serious and fun) being completely separated.
Shifting Virtual to Saturday might be an option, but since Nico won't be there on Saturday, it will impossible to play DCGO then.

Switching Virtual and DCGO is of little matter I suppose, you need your full mental capacity for both anyway, it just depends on the number of rounds. But to play both in one day I think is a bit too much.
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
thorondor
Ex Council Chairman

Leon wrote:I have not been at the Lure, can you give me approximate numbers?
Minion Sealed Deck 1 MELE Starter + 4 MELE Booster, 14 Euro
Hero Sealed Deck 1 METW St LIM + 2 METW Boo LIM, 3 METD Boo 14 Euro

thats just to give you an idea! no definite price for the sealed events at worlds!
Frodo
Ex Council Member

Just a quick note: yes, ARDA is not very exhausting at all, in part because you don't have to make a deck, only a starting company! How cool is that!

I will be there Thursday morning!!

Joe Bisz (Frodo)
Balin
Ex Council Member

The 'Spanish Armada' will arrive on Thursday afternoon to take Flanders back to Spain :wink:

A new attendee is coming with us, he is called Heraclio Sanchez. Unfortunately, Manuel can't make it due to his concerts. So finally there will be 5 Spanish players at Worlds.

Just in case there were more than 32 players, Antonio Flores asks if he could take the empty slot from Manuel as organizer of Europeans, because he organized it too.

Thanks and see ya in Antwerp!
__

Let them come! There is one dwarf yet in Moria that still draws breath!
Ringbearer
Ex Council Member

Balin wrote:The 'Spanish Armada' will arrive on Thursday afternoon to take Flanders back to Spain :wink:
You can have it. Nothing but trouble for us Dutchies there ;)
Balin wrote: A new attendee is coming with us, he is called Heraclio Sanchez. Unfortunately, Manuel can't make it due to his concerts. So finally there will be 5 Spanish players at Worlds.

Just in case there were more than 32 players, Antonio Flores asks if he could take the empty slot from Manuel as organizer of Europeans, because he organized it too.

Sounds fine with me. And tell Manuel he should be honest next time and say he is afraid to lose from me ;)
"I used to roll the dice, feel the fear in my enemies eyes."
- Coldplay, Viva la Vida.

Gaming is life, the rest is just dice rolls.
- John Kovalic, Dork Tower
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Just a quick note: yes, ARDA is not very exhausting at all, in part because you don't have to make a deck, only a starting company! How cool is that!
And as far as I can see, it is not a tournament format, yet. Hence, my proposal to move DCGO to thursday, so we have stuff to do except drinking beer :wink:
Do any of the organizers read these posts, or should I pm them? are we beyond making any changes to schedule, or are there very good reasons for having it like this that I'm not aware of (other than people arriving friday)? :?
Ringbearer
Ex Council Member

We are discussing this and other things. You're not the only one asking schedule changes and we should take everybody into account.

Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Of course! Hopefully elements of that discussion will make it to this forum then, in due time :wink:
Ringbearer
Ex Council Member

You will know the schedule beforehand :)

Bert

Pallando

thorondor wrote:
Leon wrote:I have not been at the Lure, can you give me approximate numbers?
Minion Sealed Deck 1 MELE Starter + 4 MELE Booster, 14 Euro
Hero Sealed Deck 1 METW St LIM + 2 METW Boo LIM, 3 METD Boo 14 Euro

thats just to give you an idea! no definite price for the sealed events at worlds!
Hi Wolfgang,

Are You supporting the event with the cards ??? In that case please let me know whether I may use my own sealed stuff (same as At Lure).

Thx and Greetings to Austria
thorondor
Ex Council Chairman

i am just providing a big portion of the stuff needed. its up to the organizer if they allow players to bring their own stuff.
(well, i dont think it will be a problem, but probably you will have to pay a small amount since the sealed fee includes something for prizes).
Ringbearer
Ex Council Member

I dont mind (means more people can enter) but indeed a small fee will be asked.

Manuel
Council Chairman

Ringbearer wrote:
Balin wrote:The 'Spanish Armada' will arrive on Thursday afternoon to take Flanders back to Spain :wink:
You can have it. Nothing but trouble for us Dutchies there ;)
Balin wrote: A new attendee is coming with us, he is called Heraclio Sanchez. Unfortunately, Manuel can't make it due to his concerts. So finally there will be 5 Spanish players at Worlds.

Sounds fine with me. And tell Manuel he should be honest next time and say he is afraid to lose from me ;)
Yeah, that's true, I'm terribly afraid to that.

Unfortunately, I have a gig on 24th, another one on 26th and flying to Colombia the 27th to do another gig. Work is work! Hope you all have a good time there! I'm really sorry I can't go...

Take care!
marcos
Council Member

Yeah, that's true, I'm terribly afraid to that.

Unfortunately, I have a gig on 24th, another one on 26th and flying to Colombia the 27th to do another gig. Work is work! Hope you all have a good time there! I'm really sorry I can't go...

Take care!
Colombia? what about Argentina? Cordoba for being more specific ;)

Return to “Worlds”