worlds 2013 proposal

marcos
Council Member

I know worlds 2012 has been decided upon yet, but i got a very nice propossal for next year. Alejandro Velazquez (majagua in GCCG and forums) is willing to host worlds in medellin-colombia next year. They have a nice players-base of 20 people and a store willing to sponsor the event. Once again is a nice chance for non-european people to attend a "big" event. Also, i have seen photos of colombia and looks like a very nice place to spend some vacations :)

Thoughts?
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Sounds good to me!
there seems to be new interest in the game from Columbia indeed.
Do not expect too many people from elswhere, but it could also offer a de facto solution to the question of organizing worlds once every two year, to have a Worlds alternatingly in Europe and America (north or south, though north seems dormant).
With the propper long-term planning others might also join.

I hope they can wait till 2013. :wink:
If Spain is not forthcoming this year, they could have it this year also, but that would be a pity for those who'd want to come from far.
So what would be a good time/season?
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
marcos
Council Member

they have no problem waiting as far as i know, as for the dates, Alejandro told me a few potential dates:

- august-september
- late december

if some more people agrees with the idea, it would be nice to make a subforum and let him moderate it.
Khamul the Easterling
Ex Council Member

I agree with the proposal that Worlds take place one year in Europe and one year in (North/South)America (as long as the Japanese don't make their word heard)
majagua_the_necromancer

Thank you Marcos for posting in our behalf. We've been playing the game for a long time, although very few of us are online gamers so that's probably why many of you aren't' familiar of many Colombian players. However, like Marcos says, we do have a still large local community (used to be dozens more but those days have passed). Medellin is a beautiful city, has excellent weather and there's a lot of tourism to do and at a relative low cost for americans and europeans (currency exchange rate). My interest is not to only host a world tourney with local players (we play often still) but have many of this community to be able to participate. Thus, I would like to know what are the best times for everyone to come and play and visit. I am willing to hear any suggestions and if needed we can make a poll to see which would be the best date. Zarathrusta mentioned me that the best time for him to go would be around august-september.
Thanks everyone and hope that we can make this happen!
marcos
Council Member

majagua_the_necromancer wrote:Thank you Marcos for posting in our behalf. We've been playing the game for a long time, although very few of us are online gamers so that's probably why many of you aren't' familiar of many Colombian players. However, like Marcos says, we do have a still large local community (used to be dozens more but those days have passed). Medellin is a beautiful city, has excellent weather and there's a lot of tourism to do and at a relative low cost for americans and europeans (currency exchange rate). My interest is not to only host a world tourney with local players (we play often still) but have many of this community to be able to participate. Thus, I would like to know what are the best times for everyone to come and play and visit. I am willing to hear any suggestions and if needed we can make a poll to see which would be the best date. Zarathrusta mentioned me that the best time for him to go would be around august-september.
Thanks everyone and hope that we can make this happen!
Sure! no problem. From Argentina we will be 2 people able to go (1 is 100% sure, that would be me). And for me the best time would be august-Septemeber too, i guess.

Return to “Council Business - Worlds”