Two new scenarios

To fulfill a scenario a player has to meet all deck building requirements during the whole game, and additionally the winning requirements for a certain scenario at the end of a game. There are 16 wizard scenarios and 6 ringwraith scenarios...

Moderator: Darksatin

Darksatin

I have found these two new scenarios on the old site of the Czech Council :

A : The Smaug's End
DR: none
WR: Bard Bowman must be the only one character in the company during the killing attempt of Smaug. Any manifestation of Smaug is defeated by lone Bard Bowman.

B : The Wizard's Stuff
DR: none.
WR: Wizard with Wizard's Ring, White Wizard, and Staff Asunder must be in play/played. Sacrifice of Form may only be played against the attack of Balrog. (errata: White Wizard may be played regardless of the presence of Saruman)

What do you think of these scenarios?
Fangorn
Ex Council Member

These scenarios are quite interesting thematically, although I dislike the Wizard's Ring in the second.
Hrum, Hoom ! Do not be hasty, that is my motto.
Sam.Gamdschie

The first one is quite interesting and a nice one, too. You can easily play many MPs while trying with the lonely Bard to get rid of Smaug. So it stays heavily on luck in the dice rolls for the Bard "group", but at least it's a nice idea.

I dislike the second one, too. I don't like the idea of special erratas for the game.

But as I am not the only one player in Hamburg, I'll send these both ideas to them.
Co-founder of the Hamburg Scenarios and Former Slave of Lure's Price Ceremonies
Sam.Gamdschie

I got some mails from our group concerning the two new scenarios:
B : The Wizard's Stuff
As I mentioned before, erratas especially for scenarios should be avoided for any case. So we won't add this to the "offical" rules. The main intention of our scenario game was having a tournament system which adds some difficulties for advanced players while giving beginners a chance to win. (All the advanced players switched to play scenarios and the beginners can win easily with a normal deck).

A : The Smaug's End
This is overall a nice idea. It shouldn't be to difficult on the one hand but on the other hand it depends more on the luck getting Bard to the Lonely Mountain (or in the regions there) and letting him kill Smaug.
May be we'll add this scenario on one of our next meetings.
Co-founder of the Hamburg Scenarios and Former Slave of Lure's Price Ceremonies

Return to “Hamburger Scenario”