Thoughts about TPs

To fulfill a scenario a player has to meet all deck building requirements during the whole game, and additionally the winning requirements for a certain scenario at the end of a game. There are 16 wizard scenarios and 6 ringwraith scenarios...

Moderator: Darksatin

Fangorn
Ex Council Member

See beginning of topic here : http://www.meccg.net/dforum/viewtopic.p ... ght=#21171

I think B result (loss with scenario) must be rewarded at least as much TPs as C result (win without scenario).
Hrum, Hoom ! Do not be hasty, that is my motto.
Sam.Gamdschie

The intention of the TP rules is, that winning (overall) a scenario is extra ordinarily difficult and (by that) is rewarded with many TP.
But you're getting more than three TPs only once for each scenario, so normally you'll get only the three points (after three wins or with a non-scenario-deck) for winning a game. While fulfilling a scenario (but still losing the game) is yet difficult, we put one extra TP for a scenario-won-lost vs. a normal lost of a game.

The whole TP ruleset is generally only working if you are playing many games and having a long-term-record of all players and the scenarios they played/won. For a small tournament, say at the Lure or something, it's not working that good, because there are too much differences between the difficulty of some scenarios.

At least and overall this scenario format is a non-official ruleset we created in 2001 in Hamburg and played here with our group. You may change it for your own needs.
I think there's some potential for changing the TP rules. But in Hamburg we're won't change it just for the legacy. If you have any experiences with other TP rules, please post it it.
Best wishes
Co-founder of the Hamburg Scenarios and Former Slave of Lure's Price Ceremonies
Sam.Gamdschie

While thinking about the whole thing of TPs, I had one idea:
As the scenario format is working only over a long period of time with many tournaments, you could max the TPs for easier scenarios.
The easiest scenario is "Rebuild the town" (as it has easy winning requirements and no deck requirements), so you could rule that instead of giving 12 TPs for the first win of this scenario max it to 5 TP (and 3 TPs for every other win). And a medium-hard scenario will give 8, 5 and 3 TPs for the first, second and all later wins.
If you'll rule it that way, than the 2 TPs for a loss aren't that bad overall and you'll reward experienced players with more TPs if they're winning with a extremely-hard scenario.
This should be only applied if you're playing the scenario one or two tournaments only. For long term play there's enough time and there are enough games to win all the easier scenarios.
To put the scenarios in the three categories, you may use my long-term-chart of all won scenarios in Hamburg (http://www.hobbingen.de/pelargir/scenariochart.php - German) but this won't help for the ringwraith scenarios.

What do you think about it??
Darksatin

I have some ideas about the Tournament points (for a single event) :

* the Scenario points, for a scenario fulfilled :
If the player wins due to MPs :
- 7 TPs for a difficult scenario
- 6 TPs for a medium-hard scenario
- 5 TPs for an easy scenario
If the player loses, or if there is a tie :
- 2 TPs (for any scenario)

* the MP points :
I think that it is not the same thing to win 28/14 than 16/15. So, if a player has at least two times the number of MPs of his opponent, it’s a decisive victory. Otherwise, it’s a marginal victory.
- decisive victory : 4 TPs
- marginal victory : 3 TPs
- tie : 2 TPs
- marginal defeat : 1 TP
- decisive defeat : 0 TP
- a bye : always 3 TPs

Add the Scenario points and the MP points :
- so, if you win 30/15 and you fulfill an easy scenario, you have 4 + 5 = 9 TPs
- if you lose 17/22 and you fulfill a scenario, you have 1 + 2 = 3 TPs
Sam.Gamdschie

Hi again,

I like your idea of giving scenario TPs and winnig TPs. But the differenc between loosing a susccesful scenaria and the lowest scneario category is to big, in my opinion. You'll additionally get the MP TPs. I would rather start with 3 or 4 points for successful winning an easy scenario.
One backdraw of your idea is to categorise all scenarios. There are some scenarios which can be put in between to categories. So all this must be done carefully and with some balancing.

Overall I like the idea and I'll take it into the Hamburg group of MECCG-players.
Fangorn
Ex Council Member

The idea is very nice !
But I think scenario TPs should not depend of victory or loss ; so in your case if scenario is fulfilled it gives always 7, 6 or 5 TPs, whatever MPs are.

The problem would be indeed to assign a difficulty to each scenario.
Hrum, Hoom ! Do not be hasty, that is my motto.
Darksatin

So, after a little playtesting (a four player tournament), a new proposal (for a single event).
We need the agreement of the Hamburg players (for the next Lure tournament).

* the Scenario points, for a scenario fulfilled :
If the player wins due to MPs :
- 7 TPs for a difficult scenario
- 6 TPs for a medium-hard scenario
- 5 TPs for an easy scenario
If the player loses, or if there is a tie :
- 5 TPs for a difficult scenario
- 4 TPs for a medium-hard scenario
- 3 TPs for an easy scenario

* the MP points :
If a player has at least two times the number of MPs of his opponent, it’s a decisive victory. Otherwise, it’s a marginal victory.
- decisive victory : 4 TPs
- marginal victory : 3 TPs
- tie : 2 TPs
- marginal defeat : 1 TP
- decisive defeat : 0 TP
- a bye : always 3 TPs

Add the Scenario points and the MP points.
Sam.Gamdschie

That looks nice at a fist glance, so why just "test" it this year at the lure.

Return to “Hamburger Scenario”