Difficulty of Scenarios

To fulfill a scenario a player has to meet all deck building requirements during the whole game, and additionally the winning requirements for a certain scenario at the end of a game. There are 16 wizard scenarios and 6 ringwraith scenarios...

Moderator: Darksatin

Darksatin

Hello, it's a first attempt to rank the wizards scenarios by level of difficulty :

8) Easy ones :
3 : Return of the King
6 : The Shire
10 : Rebuild the Towns
11 : The Rohirrim

:? Medium :
1 : The Hobbit
2 : Gollum's Fate
5 : Alliance of Free Peoples
8 : Heirs of Yavanna
12 : The Daughters of Vaiya
15 : Ithryn Luin
16 : On the earth, in the water and in the air

:( Difficult :
4 : The Seventh Palantir
7 : Veins of Arda
9 : The Stones of Feanor
13 : The Firstborn
14 : The Great Greenwood
Fangorn
Ex Council Member

I'm OK with this list, except for Gollum's Fate which is in my opinion the harder scenario.
Hrum, Hoom ! Do not be hasty, that is my motto.
Sam.Gamdschie

Indeed most seem to fit, but I saw only once a person winnig with the "The Daughters of Vaiya"-scenario. But the general idea is ok.
Co-founder of the Hamburg Scenarios and Former Slave of Lure's Price Ceremonies
Theoden

Yes, "The Daughters of Vaiya" is defintly a hard one (maybe the most difficult of all).
Darksatin

Theoden wrote:Yes, "The Daughters of Vaiya" is defintly a hard one (maybe the most difficult of all).
I don't think that this scenario is so difficult. But it is hard to win due to MP and fulfill the scenario conditions.
Sam.Gamdschie

That's true: To fulfil the deck requirements and the wining requirements is not that hard but to have more MPs than your opponent is still a challenge.
There are two possibilities (but both are more or less subjective) to account the scenarios: The difficulty to fulfil the requirements OR the difficulty to fulfil the requirements and win the game.
From that point a view you can argument to put this in the medium or the hard group.

I think it should be in the hard group because it's that difficult to win with the scenario and get the maximum points. As you'll get additional points for winning the game and the possibility to win the game with this scenario is that low I would adjust this and put the scenario in the hard group. But in the end, this won't make much difference.

Best wishes
Co-founder of the Hamburg Scenarios and Former Slave of Lure's Price Ceremonies

Return to “Hamburger Scenario”