Deck 18 "Seven for the Dwarf-Lords"

To fulfill a scenario a player has to meet all deck building requirements during the whole game, and additionally the winning requirements for a certain scenario at the end of a game. There are 16 wizard scenarios and 6 ringwraith scenarios...

Moderator: Darksatin

Grishnakh

I tried this deck several times, but the time of a tournement (80-90 min.) didn't reached out to play and test all the 7 Dwarven rings.

So I offer to change this scenario to:
-DR: Only Dwaven charakters may be played.
WR: 4 Dwarven rings has been played (or may be 5) + all 3 Dwaven factions.
(and they are still in play at the end of the game?)
or
-DR: Only Dwaven charakters may be played.
WR: 4 Dwarven charakters have been tapped to use 4 different effects from Dwarven rings.

The first version is more like the minion version H: "Lust Of Gold"
The second version is like the scenario "The Stones of Feanor", but for the 4 different effects of the Dwarven rings.

I like the first version more, because the effects (to search for items...) of the dwarven rings make no sense in this scenario after playing 4 Dwarven rings already?!

What do you say?

Cheers,
Grishnakh [-me_eye-]
Cheers,
Heiko / Grishnakh
Darksatin

Thank you for play testing !
This scenario is the last problem to solve in the development of the international rules.
I like also the first version. Maybe something like this :

DR: Only Dwarven characters may be played.
WR: 3 Dwarven factions and 4 Dwarven rings are in play.

(The rings must be in play at the end of the game)
Logain
Ex Council Member

How did you build your deck ?
Did you try that scenario with Rumours of Rings as starting card ? The way i see that scenario is to have 3 wizard's test, 3 ringlore, 6 golden & fair rings, 3 Thourough Search and 3 smoke rings. Also 1 Safe from the Shadow and at least 6 corruption bonus cards. That's 25 cards and still nothing to protect the company in combat :s Many characters in the deck, you hope to keep some rings that will allow you to control additional characters.

Keeping 4 Dwarven Rings in play seems hard to me, maybe harder than to play 7. That's a lot of corruption.

Playing 3 factions and *some" rings could be another scenario instead of changing this one that much. You have to go from Iron Hills to Blue Mountain, and i suppose you'll put friendship cards to benefit from their influence & corruption effect.
Grishnakh

Yes, I played it with 1"Rumours of the Rings" for the staring company, to play dwarven rings and lesser rings from the site board.
And I play it with "Leaf Brooch"'s, and of course with 3 ringlore's and so on.. .

If you have the first dwarven ring call it "Dwarven Ring of Durin's Tribe", you can untap a site where you can play more gold rings or a site where information's/ringlore are playable,
and with leaf brooch the ring stays and you don't have to move so much with this company!

For 7 Dwarven Rings is not enough time in a tournement, but for 4 and other things (factions, allays a.s.o.) it's possible.
The best I played was 5 Dwarven Rings and 2 factions and 2 allays.

After playing Dwarven Rings you have no more trouble with influnces/GI and prowess/body (so much) and not for MP's for items!
For the corruption points you can store the rings:)
To get the 3 factions especialy the one at the Iron Hill you can bring Dain or Gimli at his home site to play te faction, if they come to late you can use "Forod" from the dragons edition.
With "forod" you can move from the Blue Mountain Dwarf-hold directly to the Iron-hold in 1 turn.

Of course you need more than 1 company.
But you see there are many ways :-}

If there are more people who like the first version from me like Darksatin ( DR: only dwarves / WR: 3 dwarven factions + 4 rings are in play at the end of the game) I will offer it to the players here in Hamburg, to change it official.

Heiko / Grishnakh [-me_eye-]
Cheers,
Heiko / Grishnakh
zirilan

With Forod you cannot move from or to the Blue Mountain Dwarf-hold since it is in the region Númeriador. And that region is not listed on Forod.
Grishnakh

zirilan wrote:With Forod you cannot move from or to the Blue Mountain Dwarf-hold since it is in the region Númeriador. And that region is not listed on Forod.
You are right, my mistake.

May be we shall change it to:
DR: Only Dwarven Charakters may be played.
WR: 4 Dwarven Rings with 4 different effects + 2 Dwarven factions are in play at the end of the game.

The corruption trouble with 4 Dwarven rings (each with 5 CP) are enough to hold before storing.

What do you say?

Heiko / Grishnakh [-me_eye-]
Cheers,
Heiko / Grishnakh
Darksatin

I have another idea :
- if a player has played 4 or 5 Dwarven rings, he has the Scenario points for a medium-hard scenario
- if a player has played 6 or 7 Dwarven rings, he has the Scenario points for a difficult scenario
Grishnakh

I think it's better to habe just one Version, like the other scenarios.

You mean without factions?
And without DR only dwarves are playable?

Grishnakh [-me_eye-]
Cheers,
Heiko / Grishnakh
Darksatin

My idea is more for the International Rules difficulty rating system.
It is not an easy scenario, so I don't want to add necessarily dwarven factions and dwarven characters.
French players don't gather until november/december (for the Grey Havens tournament).
So, it could be interesting if players from Hamburg could discuss before about this scenario...
Grishnakh

Ok, I start the discussion about this scenario with the Council of Pelagir in Hamburg.

My actually offer to change this scenario is to...:
Rings for the Dwarf-Lords
DR: none
WR: 4 dwarven rings with different effects has been in possesion of a dwarf for at least one turn and 2 dwarven factions are in play at the end of the game.

Because it's better to have characters like Ioreth or Halbarath in the game at a haven to play marvels told and to help storing.
And 4 dwarven rings for at least 1 turn (like befor) are much easier, so 2 dwarven factions played round it up in a good and possible way, I think?!

I like to see your opinions:)
What kind of difficulty could this be?
Medium-hard?

Bests,
Grishnakh [-me_eye-]
Cheers,
Heiko / Grishnakh
Darksatin

Hello,
I think it could be medium-hard.

Return to “Hamburger Scenario”