New scenario proposal : Earendil the Mariner

To fulfill a scenario a player has to meet all deck building requirements during the whole game, and additionally the winning requirements for a certain scenario at the end of a game. There are 16 wizard scenarios and 6 ringwraith scenarios...

Moderator: Darksatin

Fangorn
Ex Council Member

CDavis7M gave a nice scenario idea in the post https://councilofelrond.org/forum/viewt ... 783#p30657

Difficult
DR: none.
WR: Bilbo played 3 times Marvels Told.
A warrior bears Enruned Shield, Bow of Dragon-horn, Arrows Shorn of Ebony, Habergeon of Silver, Scabbard of Chalcedony, Valiant Sword, Adamant Helmet, Emerald of the Mariner
Hrum, Hoom ! Do not be hasty, that is my motto.
Sam.Gamdschie

I like that very much, thematically.
Still I believe it's really hard to achieve, even if you place all items under the warrior at your last turn.

I would state that the warrior should be either Man or Elf, as Earendil was a Half-Elf.
Last edited by Sam.Gamdschie on Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Co-founder of the Hamburg Scenarios and Former Slave of Lure's Price Ceremonies
Darksatin

Sam.Gamdschie wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:07 am I would state that the warrior should be Man, as Earendil was a Man.
He seems to be an Half-elf :
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E%C3%A4rendil
Sam.Gamdschie

Darksatin wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:49 am He seems to be an Half-elf :
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E%C3%A4rendil
Argh, totally, correct! I have corrected my statement above.
As far as I remember, he was allowed to stay at the Undying Lands only because he did not sail to Valor for his own sake but to save all Men and Elves.
Co-founder of the Hamburg Scenarios and Former Slave of Lure's Price Ceremonies
CDavis7M

This is fun! One idea would be to have Galadriel for her Three Golden Hairs. She and/or another sage could pick up When You Know More, and use Far-Sight, while a company of Warriors forms a Fellowship to pick up all the items. Then use Nenya and Magical Harp to save "Eärendil" the last turn or two, and save Harp for the Council.
Logain
Ex Council Member

What about "Earendil's heirs".

Difficult
Elrond, Elladan and Elrohir bear the following items : Enruned Shield, Bow of Dragon-horn, Arrows Shorn of Ebony, Habergeon of Silver, Scabbard of Chalcedony, Valiant Sword, Adamant Helmet, Emerald of the Mariner
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Bit far-fetched to nominate Bilbo as heir of Eärendil, he only hitch-hiked on a raft down the forest river, and rowed up Esgaroth.
After Frodo's parents drowned in the Baranduin, he probably never dipped his toes in water again ;-)
(until his final voyage, ok that part is rather Earendil-like).

Is this scenario really that hard? Sure there's 5 hoard items (3 unique), and 1 big cc, but doesn't seem all that complicated.
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
Kjeld

Thorsten the Traveller wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:40 pm Bit far-fetched to nominate Bilbo as heir of Eärendil, he only hitch-hiked on a raft down the forest river, and rowed up Esgaroth.
After Frodo's parents drowned in the Baranduin, he probably never dipped his toes in water again ;-)
(until his final voyage, ok that part is rather Earendil-like).
Bilbo is just telling the tales. Elrond and his sons (the actual heirs!) are the ones bearing the items.
Fangorn
Ex Council Member

Logain wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:43 pm What about "Earendil's heirs".

Difficult
Elrond, Elladan and Elrohir bear the following items : Enruned Shield, Bow of Dragon-horn, Arrows Shorn of Ebony, Habergeon of Silver, Scabbard of Chalcedony, Valiant Sword, Adamant Helmet, Emerald of the Mariner
I like this way.
And I think it's still difficult scenario (altough not difficult to play), with 4 unique top characters, lots of item so corruption.
Hrum, Hoom ! Do not be hasty, that is my motto.

Return to “Hamburger Scenario”