Does Secrets need errata to match Ringlore?

Errata issued by the CoE, open discussion of candidate rules for errata, and submissions for the Annual Rules Vote.
Zakath

Does Secrets need errata to match Ringlore?

Post by Zakath » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:22 pm

Perhaps there is something I am missing, but shouldn't Secrets of Their Forging have received the same wording errata that Ringlore did here? One of the aspects that was fixed was explicitly granting compatibility with Rumours of Rings (and I think that's a good thing).

Secrets has one of the same ambiguous wording issues that Ringlore used to - it says 'replace' rather than 'play' the Ring special item. It seems like it suffers from the same problem of not seeming to be compatible with Whispers of Rings. I could not find a ruling anywhere specifically addressing the question of whether a ring on Whispers can be played via Secrets or not, nor does it seem to have any existing errata.

rezwits

Re: Does Secrets need errata to match Ringlore?

Post by rezwits » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:22 pm

My take on this, is when trying to decide what a card can or can't do, sometime we look at the "mirror card", and if there is a ruling for the "mirror card" with practically the same text, then the clarification pretty much stands for the other card.

That's my take, and would basically enforce in any play group I am involved with.
You probably aren't playing Agents correctly 8) <- need a rule thread for this tho...

Zakath

Re: Does Secrets need errata to match Ringlore?

Post by Zakath » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:58 am

That's how I would play it with friends, but I might not be comfortable heading to a tournament with a deck built around it.

It just seems strange that they fixed one, referenced the other in the discussion of the fix, and then didn't change the mirror card to match.

Return to “Rules & Errata”