Draft of Digest #125

Errata issued by the CoE, open discussion of candidate rules for errata, and submissions for the Annual Rules Vote.
miguel
Ex NetRep

Has it been a year already? :oops:
Digest #125 Draft wrote:1)
Heart Grown Cold's effect is simply applied w/out a chain of effects, there is no time to respond.

2)
I play The Great Hunt and choose opponent’s discard pile. If I don’t defeat a revealed creature, does it get discarded, then revealed again by The Great Hunt?
--------------------------------------------------
Yes, you resolve the combat normally and then continue with The Great Hunt.

3)
Can you put minion minor items under Armory?
---------------------------------------------------
As a Fallen-wizard, no. As a Hero player you can, and they count towards gaining the Armory marshalling point.

4)
Is an imprisoned Ringwraith impossible to rescue if once freed he would be violating company composition rules?
---------------------------------------------------
Yes, the freeing effect would be cancelled and the Ringwraith would remain imprisoned. On a related note, a released Ringwraith follower must be controlled by your Ringwraith by the end of your next organization phase or that Ringwraith follower is discarded.

5)
If a company must return to its site of origin and that site card is no longer in play, it (or the resource card that acted as the site) must be returned back into play in the same orientation that it left. It does not matter where that site card is, it is returned even from out of play.

If a company simply loses its site card, all the characters are discarded. For example, this happens to a company using Wondrous Maps played with a Crown of Flowers if someone Twilights that Crown of Flowers.

Characters getting released from cards like Sack Over the Head need to be able to either join a company already at the site, or their player must be able to provide a site card for them from his location deck. Otherwise the released characters are discarded.

6)
Effects that reassign strikes affect only the order or assigning strikes, not the eligibility to face a strike. For example, Alatar may teleport to a company facing Neeker-breekers, but he cannot face a strike from them.

7)
Radagast is able to play Radagast's Black Bird even if he is tapped or wounded.
marcos
Council Member

thumbs up!
Shapeshifter
Ex Council Member

I still have a very bad feeling about the proposed ruling on Raddy`s black bird. Though I think the argumentation that was the basis for this ruling is correct ...and a definite ruling about this one is long overdue.
This means: Aye!
miguel
Ex NetRep

It's a bit unfortunate the Black Bird ruling makes a strong (boring) decktype even stronger, but as you said, the reasoning is sound. And it does make those fun FW Raddy decks more playable. :wink:
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

were there no questions to refer to for issues 1, 5-7 ?

(and technically, CoE doesn't vote on the digest :-)
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
miguel
Ex NetRep

Thorsten the Traveller wrote:were there no questions to refer to for issues 1, 5-7 ?

(and technically, CoE doesn't vote on the digest :-)
1: Yes, but it is partly under discussion due to some (rules) legality issues within the question.
5: The question was very specific (actually two questions from different people), and due to related issues we came up with a ruling that covers even more.
6: The question was a full post quoting rules and cards on the netrep board, and the ruling developed from the discussion that followed.
7: "Can Radagast play his Black Bird when tapped?" :P

I'm not sure why you keep insisting that I create questions for the rulings. Are they too hard to follow otherwise? I included examples to clarify some of the concepts, and I do try to include the question when it was asked from me and the ruling applies (answers) directly to it.
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Keep insisting? don't remember bringing it up before, but doubtless you have a better memory for these things.

Well generally speaking contextualising helps to understand the ruling better, and it also helps for NetRep recognition.
and I can imagine it might also help later to look up things.
I didn't say you had to create questions, simply didnt know there weren't any. But come to think of it, to sum the issue up in a question, albeit contrived by NetRep, would be ok, good suggestion! :wink:
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
miguel
Ex NetRep

Okey dokey, I will try to include questions for everything in the following digests. After thinking about it, I do believe they can help people to understand/remember the rulings (the question prepares the brain for the answer or something :lol: ). This digest looks like it's ready to go, so I will post it officially later today.

Return to “CoE Rules & Errata Community Proposals”