Proposal for NetRep's system

Errata issued by the CoE, open discussion of candidate rules for errata, and submissions for the Annual Rules Vote.
Manuel
Council Chairman

So, here's my influence attempt on you. I have a proposal for a system, which shares some resemblance with what Sarma72 proposed (thanks for the idea by the way!). It works like this:

1. I am the guy who opens new rules inquiries. These can come from the tournaments we hold, from the many questions that arise in our different channels and require attention, or from individuals asking me directly, or bringing questions to the table. I would be the one "opening the case" in the NetRep's corner. I present the problem, bring the info I have, and share my opinion on the matter if I have one. (By the way, I know there are lots of questions already answered in this forum. It would be nice to collect the answers and include them in this document, too. )
Debate opens. It's an open debate where anyone who has something to say may do so. However, the following rules apply:

1A. We are all working as a team so please remove your egos from the equation. Avoid sarcasm at the expense of others. Try not to be patronizing, and understand that there's nothing wrong with disagreeing with others; it's a necessary part of any teamwork! Think of it more like mutual enlightenment. This is not a game of who knows more than anyone else, but a goal we must accomplish as a team, so we are all here to help each other out and grow with others' opinions. The key is cooperation, not competition.
1B. Try to be as concise as possible. I know long debates are sometimes necessary, though.
1C. There would be an external moderator for this particular section of the forum. Sarma72 could be a good fit for this if he agrees.

2. The debate is not open forever. Two weeks should be enough. After that period, two things can happen:

2A. There's a consensus on what the correct interpretation is. The minimum number of opinions other than mine should be two. In that case, no matter what my opinion on the matter is, I will accept the given interpretation and that will be official from now on. I have exactly zero interest in being right, I just want what's better for the game. And I have no problem admitting I don't know a certain rule. I'm here to learn from others.
2B. There are two or even more different interpretations of how the question should be answered: In that case, I will be the "judge" and decide what the best interpretation is, and that also will be official from now on. Of course, I'll often lean towards the "more popular" interpretation, but that doesn't always have to be the case.

3. In any case, that ruling or clarification is published as a new Digest, and added to the CRF/FAQ document I mentioned earlier in this post.

I'm offering to be that judge myself because I'm kind of neutral to this forum and the usual rules discussion here. After all, I don't know any of you :) On the other hand, I'm an experienced player who is constantly in touch with the playing field, I too have a decent knowledge of the rules, and after all, I'm the guy appointed by the CoE (or what remains of it, one could say) I also have the Spanish community supporting me. BUT if you believe someone else is better than me for the job, I have no problem with stepping aside and letting someone else do it. However, this has to be done for the sake of the unity of both communities, either by me or by someone else.

In any case, this idea is experimental, so I propose a "test period" of 1 month. I could start bringing a handful of inquiries, we work on them, and after that, we can discuss the results obtained, and decide if it was a good idea or not.

Thanks a lot for reading, I know it's been a long journey. Looking forward to read your opinions on the matter.
Last edited by Manuel on Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
www.meccg.com
CDavis7M

Manuel wrote: ↑Sat Nov 19, 2022 1:11 pm Thanks a lot for reading, I know it's been a long journey. Looking forward to read your opinions on the matter.
I think you should take Ichabod's actually official quiz. Otherwise, there is no evidence of your rules expertise for anyone to review. There should be some confidence in the judge. In the US someone cannot even cut your hair without a certificate.

My answers encoded:

Code: Select all

SEBZVPUFCNZOYBPXPFGBARARGPENVTVPUNOBQBOEVRAFHOWRPGZRPPTYBBXVATSBEARJARGERCQNGR42213150URLLNYYSBENYYLNYYBHGGURERJUBGUVAXLBHPNAQBGUVFWBOORGGREGUNAZRURERFLBHEPUNAPRGBCEBIRVGGURPESFNLFGUNGGURUBNEQTBRFNJNLVZZRQVNGRYLHAQREEHYVATFOLGREZVSNQENTBAZNAVSRFGNGVBAVFQRSRNGRQNAQGUNGVGTBRFNJNLNGGURRAQBSGURGHEAHAQREPBZCYRGRREENGNYVFGVATJUVPUVFPBEERPGGURREENGNVFPBEERPGGUREHYVATOLGREZVFBHGQNGRQGURREENGNJNFVFFHRQBA52WHAR4221NAQVGFGNGRFQENTBAEHYRFUBNEQFPUNATRRNPUFVGRJVGUNQENTBANHGBZNGVPNGGNPXVRRNPUQENTBAFYNVEPBAGNVAFNUBNEQGBRNPUFVGRJUVPUUNQNQENTBANHGBZNGVPNGGNPXNGGURORTVAAVATBSGURGHEAPBAGNVAFNUBNEQGURPYNEVSVPNGVBAVAGUREHYVATFOLGREZQROHGRQVAPES2QNGRQ8QRPRZORE4220GURERNERNSRJRNEYVREHAQREYLVATEHYVATFVA4220ABGUVATRNEYVRESEBZGURHFRARGGUNGVPNASVAQDHVPXYLOHGGUVFEHYVATVFFHCCBEGRQOLGURGRKGBSGURQENTBAFEHYRFJUNGERTVBAFQBRFABRFPNCRSEBZZLZNTVPNCCYLGBVSVCYNLVGBAFANTNUNVABARGURERVFREENGNABRFPNCRSEBZZLZNTVPPUNATRCYNLNOYRBANALSNPGVBAVACYNLGBCYNLNOYRBANALHAVDHRSNPGVBAVACYNLGURFANTNUNVSNPGVBAVFABGNHAVDHRSNPGVBAABRFPNCRSEBZZLZNTVPVFABGCYNLNOYRBAFANTNUNVPNAVNFFVTANFGEVXRSEBZPNIRQENXRGBNAGNCCRQPUNENPGRELRFGBNPUNENPGREBENYYLBSGURNGGNPXREFPUBVPRGNCCRQBEHAGNCCRQPNIRQENXRFNLFNGGNPXREPUBBFRFQRSRAQVATPUNENPGREFNAQGUREHYRFBANFFVTAVATFGEVXRFFNLHAYRFFGURNGGNPXFGNGRFBGUREJVFRNFPNIRQENXRQBRFGURQRSRAQREPUBBFRFJUVPUHAGNCCRQPUNENPGREFJVYYORGURGNETRGFBSTVIRAFGEVXRFGURAGURNGGNPXREPUBBFRFJUVPUBGUREQRSRAQVATPUNENPGREFABGLRGNFFVTARQNFGEVXRJVYYORGURGNETRGBSNALERZNVAVATHANFFVTARQFGEVXRFFBGURNGGNPXZNLPUBBFRNGNCCRQPUNENPGREVORYVRIRGURDHRFGVBAREZNLUNIRPBASHFVBAORPNHFRGURQRSRAQREPUBBFRFHAGNCCRQPUNENPGREFJUVYRGURNGGNPXREUNFABFHPUERDHVERZRAGJURAGURLTRGGBPUBBFRVWHFGFGNEGRQCYNLVATNAQVQBAGHAQREFGNAQGUREHYRFPNALBHRKCYNVAGURZGBZRVFHTTRFGERNQVATGURFGNEGREEHYRFVAGURZRGJHAYVZVGRQEHYRFOBBXVTABEVATGUROBKRQFRPGVBAFNFGUREHYRFFHTTRFGVSLBHUNIRVGERNQGUEBHTUGURFNZCYRTNZRVAGURTNAQNYSNAQFNEHZNAFGNEGREFRGBEERNQGUEBHTUGURRKNZCYRBSCYNLBACNTR80BSGURZRYRPBZCNAVBAOBBXVSLBHQBABGUNIRGURFROBBXFCYRNFRNFXNZBERFCRPVSVPDHRFGVBANAQVJVYYURYCPNAVCYNLNJVMNEQFEVATNGZVANFGVEVGUJVGUGURJUVGRGERRCYNLRQBAVGJVMNEQFEVATFNLFCYNLNOYRBAYLNGNUNIRAGURJUVGRGERRFNLFZVANFGVEVGUORPBZRFNUNIRASBECHECBFRFBSURNYVATNAQCYNLVATUNMNEQFJVMNEQFEVATVFNERFBHEPRABGNUNMNEQNAQVGVFABGURNYVATGURJUVGRGERRQBRFABGZNXRZVANFGVEVGUNUNIRASBECHECBFRFBSCYNLVATERFBHEPRFBEVGRZFBEJVMNEQFEVATGURVAGEBQHPGVBAGBGURPESRKCYNVAFGUVFGURZNVAGUVATGBERZRZOREJURAZNXVATEHYVATFONFRQBAGUREHYRFNAQGURPNEQFVFGUNGVSVGVFAGGURERGURAVGVFAGGURERVSNPNEQFNLFNFVGRPBHAGFNFNUNIRASBECHECBFRFBSURNYVATGUNGQBRFABGZRNAGURFVGRPBHAGFNFNUNIRASBENALBGURECHECBFRFVSNPNEQFNLFVGPNAORCYNLRQNFNERFBHEPRGUNGQBRFABGZRNAVGPBHAGFNFNERFBHEPRNGNALGVZRRKPRCGJURAVGVFORVATCYNLRQERZRZOREVSVGVFAGGURERVGVFAGGURERVSVZBIRJUVYRNFABJFGBEZVFBHGPNAZLBCCBARAGCYNLUNMNEQFBAZRPNAURXRLPERNGHERFGBZLFVGRBSBEVTVALRFGURBCCBARAGPNACYNLPREGNVAUNMNEQFBALBHABURPNAABGXRLPERNGHERFGBLBHEFVGRBSBEVTVAFUBEGRKCYNANGVBAFABJFGBEZFRSSRPGHFRFGURGVZVATTVIRAVANAABGNGVBA2ZRNAVATGUNGGURERGHEAGBBEVTVARSSRPGVFABGVZZRQVNGRYLVZCYRZRAGRQOHGVGVFQRPYNERQNAQGURAERFBYIRQVANPUNVABSRSSRPGFJUVPUZRNAFGUNGUNMNEQFNAQERFBHEPRFPNAORCYNLRQVAERFCBAFROHGABPERNGHERFNGGNPXFBEPBEEHCGVBAPNEQFNFGURLPNAABGORCYNLRQVAERFCBAFRFRRNAABGNGVBA48NAQGURREENGNHAQREPBEEHCGVBAVAGURPESGURBCCBARAGPNAABGXRLNPERNGHERGBLBHEFVGRBSBEVTVASBE6ERNFBAF4PERNGHERFZHFGORQRPYNERQSVEFGVANPUNVABSRSSRPGFOHGFABJFGBEZVFNYERNQLQRPYNERQSVEFGCRENAABGNGVBA25NSGREFABJFGBEZERFBYIRFGURAABZBERUNMNEQFPNAORCYNLRQFRRZRGJZRYRNCCRAQVKSHYYGHEAFHZZNELFGRC7NAQ6GUREHYRFBAXRLVATPERNGHERFBAC75BSZRGJQBABGNYYBJXRLVATGBGURFVGRBSBEVTVAYBATRKCYNANGVBAFABJFGBEZUNFGURRSSRPGRNPUZBIVATPBZCNALJVGUNJVYQREARFFVAVGFFVGRCNGUZHFGERGHEAGBVGFFVGRBSBEVTVAGURTNZRZRPUNAVPGUNGRZOBQVRFGUVFRSSRPGVFGURNPGVBABSERZBIVATCVPXVATHCGURPBZCNALFFVGRBSBEVTVAPNEQNAQNALERTVBAPNEQFNAQERGHEAVATGURZGBGURYBPNGVBAQRPXBEQVFPNEQVATGURPNEQVSVGVFNGNCCRQABAUNIRAFVGRGUVFVFRKCYNVARQBACNTR92BSGURZRGJEHYRFJURERVGFGNGRFVSGURPBZCNALUNFORRAERDHVERQGBERGHEAGBVGFFVGRBSBEVTVAERGHEAGURARJFVGRPNEQGBGURYBPNGVBAQRPXBEQVFPNEQVSVGVFGNCCRQNAQCEBPRRQGBFGRC9GURFVGRBSBEVTVAORPBZRFVGFPHEERAGFVGRABNQQVGVBANYUNMNEQFZNLORCYNLRQBAGUNGPBZCNALABGVPRVAFGRC7BSGURZUCUNFRGUNGABUNMNEQFZNLORCYNLRQBAPRGURPBZCNALVFERDHVERQGBERGHEAGBGURVEFVGRBSBEVTVAUBJRIREGURRSSRPGBSFABJFGBEZQBRFABGGNXRRSSRPGVZZRQVNGRYLORPNHFRVGVAIBYIRFGURNPGVBABSGURCYNLRECULFVPNYYLCVPXVATHCGURFVGRBSBEVTVAPNEQNAQZBIVATVGFBZRJURERRYFRGURERVFNGVZVATEHYRSBEFHPUNPGVBAFNAABGNGVBA2VSNPNEQFCRPVSVRFGUNGNANPGVBAVFGBBPPHENFNERFHYGBSFBZRFCRPVSVPCNFFVIRPBAQVGVBAGUVFNPGVBAORPBZRFNHGBZNGVPNYYLGURSVEFGNPGVBAQRPYNERQVAGURPUNVABSRSSRPGFGBVZZRQVNGRYLSBYYBJGURPUNVABSRSSRPGFCEBQHPVATGURCNFFVIRPBAQVGVBAGURCNFFVIRPBAQVGVBAZHFGRKVFGJURAGUVFERFHYGVATNPGVBAVFERFBYIRQVAVGFBJAPUNVABSRSSRPGFBEGURNPGVBAVFPNAPRYRQABGRGUNGNPGVBAFVAGURFGEVXRFRDHRAPRSBYYBJNQVSSRERAGFRGBSEHYRFFABJFGBEZFCRPVSVRFGUNGGURERGHEAGBBEVTVANPGVBANFVGRPNEQCVPXVATHCNPGVBABPPHEFNFNERFHYGBSFBZRFCRPVSVPCNFFVIRPBAQVGVBANZBIVATPBZCNALJVGUJVYQREARFFVAVGFFVGRCNGUGUVFVFPNYYRQNCNFFVIRPBAQVGVBAORPNHFRGURCYNLREQBRFABGNPGVIRYLCRESBEZNANPGVBAGUNGTVIRFNPBZCNALJVYQREARFFVAGURVEFVGRCNGUZRNAVATGURCYNLREQBRFABGCYNLNJVYQREARFFERTVBAFCRPVSVPNYYLGBNPGVINGRGURRSSRPGBSFABJFGBEZBAGURVEBJAPBZCNALVAFGRNQGURLCYNLNERTVBAPNEQBENFVGRPNEQVAFGNEGREZBIRZRAGJVGUJVYQREARFFBAVGVAGURBETNAVMNGVBACUNFRNAQBAYLYNGREBAVAGURZUCUNFRVFGUVFFVGRERTVBAPNEQCNFFVIRYLERIRNYRQGUEBHTUGURABEZNYZBIRZRAGUNMNEQCUNFREHYRFNGFGRC4JVGUBHGNALNPGVIRQRPVFVBAOLGURCYNLRENGGUNGCBVAGGUVFFVGHNGVBAVFCNFFVIRVAGURFRAFRGUNGGURNPGVBABSERIRNYVATGURERTVBAPNEQJVGUNJVYQREARFFGLCRPNZRVAGBCYNLGUEBHTUNZRPUNAVFZBSGURTNZRVAQVERPGYLNFNERFHYGBSGURRNEYVREQRPVFVBAGBCYNLGUNGERTVBAPNEQVAGURBETNAVMNGVBACUNFRCNFFVIRVFQVSSRERAGSEBZNPGVIRNFVANPGVIRPBAQVGVBAVAGUNGGURCYNLRENPGVIRYLVAIBXRFNANPGVIRPBAQVGVBAGNCCVATNFPBHGGBCYNLPBAPRNYZRAGGNCCVATNAQQVFPNEQVATNQHANCURYCYNLVATNIVYLNPNEQSEBZLBHEUNAQBARYEBAQGBFNGVFSLGURPBAQVGVBARYEBAQBAYLJURANPBAQVGVBABANPNEQRTVSRNPUNYYUNFPBAQVGVBAFJUVPUGURCYNLREQBRFABGNPGVIRYLVAIBXROHGJUVPUUNCCRACNFFVIRYLFVZCYLNFNERFHYGBSCYNLVATGURTNZRGUREHYRFBACNFFVIRPBAQVGVBAFNCCYLNAABGNGVBA2NAQ43GUVFZRNAFGUNGGURERGHEAGBBEVTVANPGVBAQBRFABGUNCCRAVZZRQVNGRYLOHGVAFGRNQVGVFQRPYNERQNAQGURAYNGREERFBYIRQNSGRENYYVAGREIRAVATNPGVBAFUNIRORRAQRPYNERQNAQERFBYIRYNFGVASVEFGBHGVANPUNVABSRSSRPGFVSLBHJNAGGBXABJJULNAABGNGVBA2NQBRFABGNCCYLJRYYVJBHYQABGFNLGUNGNQVFPNEQVATNGNCCRQFVGRUNFNCNFFVIRPBAQVGVBAGUNGGEVTTRERQVGOHGNYFBERPBTAVMRGUNGNAABGNGVBA2NVFNGVZVATEHYRGUREHYRFBACNFFVIRPBAQVGVBAFNERGVZVATEHYRFNAQGUREHYRFBAGURZBIRZRAGUNMNEQCUNFRNYERNQLFCRPVSVPNYYLPBIREGURGVZVATBSGUVFNPGVBAVAFGRC7FCRPVSVPVGLZNGGREFFRRZLYRPGHERBAGURFBHEPRFNAQBEVTVANGVBABSNPGVIRNAQCNFFVIRPBAQVGVBAFARKGJRRXGURYRPGHERFBAGURGREZXRLHFRQVABGUREVPRCEBQHPGFNERORVATQRYNLRQHAGVYARKGFRZRFGRENAQGBERCRNGGUREHYRFBAXRLVATPERNGHERFBAC75BSZRGJQBABGNYYBJXRLVATGBGURFVGRBSBEVTVANGNYYJURANERLBHTBVATGBREENGNRBZREGBZNXRUVZYVXRURJNFVAGUROBBXFGURQRFVTAREFTNIRRBZREZNALNGGEVOHGRFGUNGZNXRUVZYVXRURJNFVAGUROBBXSBEVAFGNAPRRBZREJNFNTERNGJNEEVBEBSEBUNAJUBCNGEBYYRQNAQQRSRAQRQGURZNEPURFNAQNPUVRIRQIVPGBELNGGURCRYRAABESBEGUVFURJNFTVIRAGURENATREFXVYYERSYRPGVATUVFCNGEBYBSGURZNEPURFNAQGURJNEEVBEFXVYYERSYRPGVATUVFFXVYYVAONGGYRVAGUROBBXFURJNFNYFBNYRNQREBSGUREBUVEEVZNAQXVATNAQFBURVFTVIRA5QVERPGVASYHRAPRNTNVAFGGUREVQREFBSEBUNASNPGVBAUBJRIREGURQRFVTAREFUNQGURWBOBSPERNGVATPBZCRYYVATTNZRCYNLJVGUZRNAVATSHYQRPVFVBAFONFRQBANINEVRGLBSFGENGRTVRFJVGUPBZCRGVATVAGRERFGFVABEQREGBQBGUVFGURERARRQRQGBORPUNENPGREFUNIVATNINEVRGLBSZVAQCEBJRFFNAQOBQLNGGEVOHGRFNAQFBJUVYRRBZREUNFZNALNGGEVOHGRFGUNGERSYRPGUVFPUNENPGREVAGUROBBXURZNLABGUNIRNFUVTUBSCEBJRFFBEZVAQNFFBZRCYNLREFZVTUGYVXRTVIRAGURPBAFGENVAGFBSQRFVTAVATVAGRERFGVATTNZRCYNLPNAVCYNLEROHVYQGURGBJAORSBERGURNHGBZNGVPNGGNPXUNFORRASNPRQABSVEFGEROHVYQGURGBJAUNFREENGNPNEQREENGHZERCYNPRCYNLNOYRBAJVGUCYNLNOYRQHEVATGURFVGRCUNFRBAFRPBAQVGPNAABGORCYNLRQVAGURFVGRCUNFRORSBERGURNHGBZNGVPNGGNPXUNFORRASNPRQVAZRGJNAQZRYRSHYYCYNLREGHEAFHZZNEVRFGURFVGRCUNFRVFNCEBPRQHERJVGUNFREVRFBSFGRCFFHZZNEVMRQQBABGUVATBE4QRPVQRGBRAGRE5NALNHGBZNGVPNGGNPXFNGGNPXGURPBZCNAL6NGGRZCGGBCYNLBARVGRZNYYLBESNPGVBAGURERVFNPYNEVSVPNGVBABAGURFRFVGRCUNFREHYRFVAGURPESNPBZCNALZNLABGCYNLNALERFBHEPRQHEVATGURFVGRCUNFRHAGVYGURLUNIRSNPRQNYYNHGBZNGVPNGGNPXFHAYRFFGUNGERFBHEPRQVERPGYLNSSRPGFNANHGBZNGVPNGGNPXERZBIVATNANHGBZNGVPNGGNPXQBRFABGQVERPGYLNSSRPGVGNYGUBHTUPNAPRYYVATQBRFEROHVYQGURGBJAVFNPNEQGUNGERZBIRFNANHGBZNGVPNGGNPXNAQPNAABGORCYNLRQGURERZVTUGORPBASHFVBAORPNHFRGURPBZCNALQBRFABGCYNLEROHVYQGURGBJAGUVFPBASHFVBAJNFNQQERFFRQOLVPRVAGURVEEHYVATFFNLVATGUNGGURCYNLREZNLABGCYNLNALGUVATABGWHFGGURPBZCNALNAQVGJNFNYFBNQQERFFRQVAGURPUNYYRATRQRPXEHYRFOBYQBEVTVANYVABEQREGBQBNALGUVATQHEVATGURFVGRCUNFRLBHZHFGSVEFGRAGREGURFVGRNAQGURASNPRNALNAQNYYNHGBZNGVPNGGNPXFYVFGRQBAGURFVGRPNEQFBZRCRBCYRZVTUGFGVYYPBZCYNVANOBHGGUVFOHGFRRZRNSGREPYNFFVSGJBCRBCYRNERCYNLVATNSNYYRAJVMNEQVANTRARENYBCCBARAGGBHEANZRAGJUBQRPYNERFJUVPUSNYYRAJVMNEQGURLNERCYNLVATSVEFGGUREHYRFQBAGPBIREGUVFNAQVGQBRFAGZNGGREORPNHFROBGUCYNLREFZNLOBGUQRPYNERGURFNZRSNYYRAJVMNEQJUNGUNCCRAFVSVGNCCBJREOHVYGOLJNVGVATNAQGURAZLBCCBARAGCYNLFZNEIRYFGBYQBAVGGUVFFRRZFYVXRNGVZVATDHRFGVBANAQVGFYVXRYLGUNGGURGVZVATQBRFAGNPGHNYYLZNGGREVAGURDHRFGVBAZNEIRYFGBYQJNFQRPYNERQNSGRECBJREOHVYGOLJNVGVATNAQFBVGERFBYIRFORSBERCBJREOHVYGOLJNVGVATZRNAVATGUNGGURUNMNEQYVZVGVAPERNFVATRSSRPGBSCBJREOHVYGOLJNVGVATARIREERFBYIRFUBJRIRERIRAVSGURRSSRPGBSCBJREOHVYGOLJNVGVATQVQERFBYIRNAQGURUNMNEQYVZVGVAPERNFRQZNEIRYFGBYQPBHYQFGVYYORCYNLRQYNGREGBQVFPNEQCOOJNAQUNIRVGFRSSRPGBSVAPERNFVATGURUNMNEQYVZVGYRNIRCYNLGUVFVFORPNHFRGURRSSRPGFBSNPNEQYRNIRCYNLJURAGURPNEQYRNIRFCYNLGUVFVFJUNGVACYNLZRNAFOHGVGVFNYFBPYNEVSVRQVAGURPESHAQREGURGREZQVFPNEQVSNPNEQYRNIRFNPGVIRCYNLVAPYHQVATORVATERGHEARQGBNCYNLREFUNAQVGVZZRQVNGRYLPRNFRFUNIVATNARSSRPGBACYNLFBVSGURUNMNEQCYNLREVAPERNFRQGURUNMNEQYVZVGOL4HFVATCOOJNAQGURAQRPYNERQNUNMNEQGUNGERYVRQBAGUNGVAPERNFRQUNMNEQYVZVGGURERFBHEPRCYNLREPBHYQCYNLZNEIRYFGBYQVAERFCBAFRGBGUNGUNMNEQGNETRGVATCOOJPNHFVATCOOJGBORQVFPNEQRQORSBERGURUNMNEQERFBYIRFVZZRQVNGRYLERZBIVATGURUNMNEQYVZVGVAPERNFVATRSSRPGBSCOOJNAQGURERSBERVZZRQVNGRYLERZBIVATNPBAQVGVBAGURUNMNEQYVZVGVFNPBAQVGVBASBEGUNGUNMNEQPNEQGBORCYNLRQQRPYNERQNAQBEERFBYIRQGUREROLARTNGVATERFBYHGVBABSGURUNMNEQVGVFQVFPNEQRQNAQUNFABRSSRPGVZARIREOHLVATZRPPTNTNVAVOBHTUGNOBBFGRECNPXNAQGURERJNFABENERPNEQVAVGGURARGERCVFURERGBNAFJREEHYRFDHRFGVBAFSBEDHRFGVBAFNOBHGCEBQHPGFCYRNFRPBAGNPGVPRNGZRGJVPRNBYPBZBEIVNFANVYZNVYGBGURVECBOBKNQQERFFVEBAPEBJARAGRECEVFRFVAPCBOBK4938PUNEYBGGRFIVYYRPN55235HFNSBEGURONYEBTBSZBEVNQBRFGUR5CEBJRFFOBAHFVSTNYNQEVRYVFVAYBEVRANCCYLGBVGFRYSGURERNERNSRJCBVAGFBSPBASHFVBA4GURONYEBTBSZBEVNRSSRPGGBTVIR5CEBJRFFGBNGGNPXFVFVANFRCNENGRFRAGRAPRSEBZGURRSSRPGGUNGQRCRAQFBAJURGURETNYNQEVRYVFNGYBEVRAJUVPUZNXRFYBEVRANSERRUBYQ5GURRSSRPGGUNGQRCRAQFBATNYNQEVRYFCERFRAPRPBZRFVAGBCYNLJURAFURVFABGNGYBEVRABEABGVACYNLABGJURAFURVFNGYBEVRA6GUR5CEBJRFFOBAHFNCCYVRFGBNYYNHGBZNGVPNGGNPXFNGFVGRFVAERQUBEATNGRZBEVNVFVAERQUBEATNGRNAQGURONYEBTBSZBEVNPERNGRFNANHGBZNGVPNGGNPXFBVGQBRFTRGGUR5CEBJRFFOBAHFVJNFNGGNPXRQVAPBZCNALIFPBZCNALPBZONGZLBCCBARAGCYNLRQBEPDHNERYYFGBPNAPRYGURNGGNPXOHGVFNVQURPBHYQAGORPNHFRVUNQNGJBURNQRQGEBYYVAGURPBZCNALJUBVFEVTUGBEPDHNEERYFPNAABGORHFRQGBPNAPRYNANGGNPXOLNPBZCNALJVGUNGJBURNQRQGEBYYVZNFFHZVATGUNGRVGURELBHNAQBELBHEBCCBARAGNERNSNYYRAJVMNEQBEGUNGGURERVFFBZRRSSRPGVACYNLNYYBJVATSBEPIPPORGJRRAGJBZVAVBAPBZCNAVRFCEBARGBIVBYRAPRBEGUNGLBHNERNUREBCYNLREJUBNPGHNYYLCYNLRQQNEXDHNEERYFNAQABGGURZVAVBAERFBHEPRBEPDHNEERYFVZNYFBTBVATGBNFFHZRGUNGLBHJRERGURBARNGGNPXVATRIRAGUBHTULBHFNVQGUNGLBHJRERNGGNPXRQORPNHFRJULJBHYQLBHPNAPRYLBHEBJANGGNPXNAQRIRAVSLBHJNAGRQGBLBHPNAABGPNAPRYLBHEBJAPIPPNGGNPXFVAPRBAYLGURQRSRAQVATPBZCNALVFPBAFVQRERQGBORSNPVATNANGGNPXFRRZRYRC13NAQZRONC41NAQGURPESHAQREGHEAFRDHRAPRFVGRCUNFRPIPPNFSBEGURDHRFGVBAGJBURNQRQGEBYYVFABGNGEBYYORPNHFRVGQBRFABGUNIRGURGEBYYXRLJBEQABEQBRFVGUNIRGURGEBYYPNEQGLCRNAQGURPIPPEHYRFZRYRC14FGNGRPREGNVAPNEQFNAQNOVYVGVRFBAYLPNAPRYNGGNPXFJVGUFCRPVSVPENPRGLCRFFHPUNPNEQPNAORHFRQGBPNAPRYNANGGNPXSEBZNPBZCNALBAYLVSRNPUPUNENPGREVAGURPBZCNALUNFBARBSGURENPRGLCRFGUNGGURPNEQPNAPNAPRYGJBURNQRQGEBYYVFNANYYLABGNPUNENPGREUBJRIRENANYYLPBHAGFNFNPUNENPGRESBEPBZONGCHECBFRFZRYRC75FGNGRNANYYLQBRFABGPBHAGNFNPUNENPGRESBENALCHECBFRFBGUREGUNAPBZONGNAQGURHFRBSPREGNVAFXVYYFPNAPRYVATNANGGNPXVFNANPGVBAJVGUNPBZONGCHECBFRGURERSBERGJBURNQRQGEBYYVFNPUNENPGRENAQFCRPVSVPNYYLNABABEPGEBYYZNAPUNENPGRESBECHECBFRFBSQRGREZVAVATJURGUREBEPDHNEERYFPNAPNAPRYGURNGGNPXVSLBHJNAGJRPNACYNLZRPPTNEPURBYBTLNAQERIVRJGURZRGJYVZVGRQPNEQFCERHAYVZVGRQREENGNNAQFRRJULZNLORVAGURBEVTVANYTNZRGURGVGYRBSGURPNEQJNFGUBHTUGGBPBHAGSBECHECBFRFBSVQRAGVSLVATPUNENPGREVFGVPFBSGURPNEQFHPUGUNGGJBURNQRQGEBYYJBHYQORPBAFVQRERQNGEBYYOHGGUVFGVZRJNFYBATCNFGJURAZRYRPNZRNEBHAQPNAVTRGNGJVYVTUGSEBZZLQVFPNEQCVYRJVGUFZBXREVATFVSVCYNLRQVGNFNERFBHEPRABOHGSVEFGYRGFNYYERPBTAVMRGURERVFABFHPUGUVATNFGURTNZRUNFABZRZBELBEPNEQFQBABGERZRZOREUBJGURLJRERCYNLRQGUVFVFFBZRGUVATVPUNOBQZNQRHCNAQGURERVFABONFVFVAGUREHYRFSBEVGNAQVGUNFPNHFRQPBASHFVBAVABGURECYNPRFVUNIRABVQRNJULVGTRGFERCRNGRQORPNHFRVGPNHFRFPBASHFVBANAQVAPBEERPGPBAPYHFVBAFVABGUREFVGHNGVBAFVAFGRNQBSGURERORVATABZRZBELGURERNFBAJULGJVYVTUGPNAABGORNSSRPGRQOLFZBXREVATFVFORPNHFRFZBXREVATFJBEXFJVGUERFBHEPRBEPUNENPGREPNEQFNAQGJVYVTUGVFARVGUREVGVFNUNMNEQPNEQVGUNFNFGRRYTENLONPXTEBHAQSENZRNAQWHFGORPNHFRVGVFNUNMNEQPNEQGUNGPNAORCYNLRQNFNERFBHEPRQBRFABGZRNAGUNGVGPBHAGFNFNERFBHEPRHAYRFFVGVFORVATCYNLRQCYNLRQSEBZUNAQFHPUGUNGVGVFQRPYNERQNAQERFBYIRQVANPUNVABSRSSRPGFFRRGURCBVAGNOBHGGURPESVAGEBQHPGVBANOBIRVSVCYNLQNEXGELFGVAERFCBAFRGBNUNMNEQPNAVHFRBARBSGURPNEQFVQENJGBPNAPRYGURUNMNEQABORPNHFRJURAQNEXGELFGVFCYNLRQVAERFCBAFRGBFBZRBGUREPNEQGURRSSRPGFBSGUNGBGUREPNEQNAQNALBGUREVAGREIRAVATPNEQFVAGURPUNVABSRSSRPGFJVYYERFBYIRORSBERGURCYNLREUNFNPUNAPRGBQRPYNERNALARJNPGVBAFYVXRCYNLVATBARBSGURPNEQFGUNGGURLWHFGQERJHFVATQNEXGELFGGURGVZVATEHYRFJBEXGUVFJNLORPNHFRGUREHYRFBANPGVBAFNAQPNEQCYNLZRYRC83NYFBVAZRGJFGNGRGURNPGVBAFVANPUNVABSRSSRPGFNERERFBYIRQBARNGNGVZRSEBZYNFGQRPYNERQGBSVEFGQRPYNERQVRGURYNFGQRPYNERQNPGVBAVFERFBYIRQSVEFGGURAGURFRPBAQGBGURYNFGRGPFBJURANPGVBAFVAPYHQVATGURNPGVBABSCYNLVATQNEXGELFGNAQGURNPGVBBSCYNLVATGURBGUREPNEQNERQRPYNERQGURFRQRPYNERQNPGVBAFNERNYYERFBYIRQVABEQREJVGUBHGNALCBFFVOVYVGLBSQRPYNEVATARJRSSRPGFORGJRRANPGVBAFNAQPNEQCYNLVFGURORFGFRPGVBABSGUREHYRFLBHFUBHYQERNQVGNTNVAGJVPRVGNAFJREFFBZNALDHRFGVBAFJURAVFGURONYEBTPBZVATBHGNFBSNHTHFG4221GURONYEBTVFRKCRPGRQGBPBZRBHGVABPGBOREUBJRIRENONYEBTVFARIREYNGRURNEEVIRFCERPVFRYLJURAURZRNAFGBGURONYEBTJNFRKCRPGRQGBORERYRNFRQVAWHAROHGVPRPUNATRQGURCNPXNTVATSEBZOBBFGRECNPXFGBNCNVEBSSVKRQQRPXFNAQGURERJRERBGUREQRYNLFZNLORERYNGRQGBGURVEPUNATRVAQVFGEVOHGVBAFPURZRFVQBAGXABJFHCCBFRQYLVGJRAGGBGURCEVAGREFVAZNLVGUVAXVURNEQGURERJRERCEVAGVFFHRFVACERCEBQHPGVBAGURERJRERNYFBCEVAGVFFHRFJURAVGJNFERYRNFRQYNGREVGJNFFNVQGBORQRYNLRQHAGVYFRCGRZOREBEBPGBORENAQVGJVYYABGORCYNLNOYRNGANGVBANYFNALJNLNAQZBERQRYNLFVGJNFCHFURQONPXGB5AQBE6EQJRRXBSBPGBOREOHGGURAVQBAGGUVAXVGJNFERYRNFRQHAGVYABIRZORE4221VSVZNEIRYFGBYQNPBEEHCGVBAPNEQQBVUNIRGBZNXRGURPBEEHCGVBAPURPXORSBERBENSGREGURPBEEHCGVBAPNEQVFERZBIRQGURPBEEHCGVBAPNEQVFQVFPNEQRQSVEFGORPNHFRBAGURZNEIRYFGBYQPNEQGURRSSRPGBSQVFPNEQVATGURUNMNEQRIRAGVFYVFGRQJEVGGRAORSBERGURRSSRPGBSGURPUNENPGREZNXVATNPBEEHCGVBAPURPXNAABGNGVBA57GRYYFHFVSNPNEQFCRPVSVRFGUNGZBERGUNABARNPGVBABPPHEFJURAGURPNEQVGFRYSVFERFBYIRQVANPUNVABSRSSRPGFNYYBSGURFRNPGVBAFNERGBORERFBYIRQVAGURPNEQFPUNVABSRSSRPGFHAVAGREEHCGRQNAQVAGURBEQREYVFGRQBAGURPNEQABNPGVBAFZNLORQRPYNERQGBBPPHEORGJRRAGURFRZHYGVCYRNPGVBAFGURNPGVBAFYVFGRQBAGURPNEQNERPBAFVQRERQGBUNIRORRAQRPYNERQVAGURERIREFRBEQRENFGURLNERCEVAGRQGURPESFNLFNPUNENPGREPNAGNCGBGNXRNPBEEHCGVBAPNEQBSSBSNABGUREPUNENPGREJULVFAGGUVFREENGNGBGUREHYRFAVPRGELGURPESQBRFABGFNLGUNGNPUNENPGREPNAGNCGBGNXRNPBEEHCGVBAPNEQBSSBSNABGUREPUNENPGREOHGSBERZBFGGURERFRRZFGBORPBASHFVBANOBHGJUNGGURPESVFNAQUBJVGJBEXFGURVAGEBQHPGVBAGBGURPESFCRPVSVPNYYLFGNGRFFBZRBSGURFRPYNEVSVPNGVBAFNERPBAFVQRERQREENGNGBGUREHYRFBEPNEQFNAQNERABGRQNFFHPUGURGHEAFRDHRAPRNAQEHYVATFOLGREZFRPGVBAFNERFCRPVSVPNYYLPBAFVQRERQPYNEVSVPNGVBAFGBGUREHYRFNAQNERGURERSBERBIREEVQQRAOLPNEQGRKGGUNGFCRPVSVPNYYLQBRFFBGURPESEHYVATJRERNERQVFPHFFVATVFWHFGFHPUNEHYVATGURPESBAPBEEHCGVBANPGHNYYLFGNGRFNPUNENPGRENGGRZCGVATGBERZBIRNPBEEHCGVBAPNEQBANABGUREPUNENPGREZNLVTABERGURGNCCVATERDHVERZRAGNAQERPRVIR6GBGUREBYYGUVFPYNEVSVPNGVBAQVFPHFFRFUBJGBUNAQYRGURFVGHNGVBABSNPUNENPGREERZBIVATNPBEEHCGVBAPNEQBANABGUREPUNENPGREYVXRJVGUCNYRQERNZZNXREABGPERNGVATNARJNYYBJNAPRGBQBFBGUVFVFNPYNEVSVPNGVBAGBGURQENTBAFEHYRBAERZBIVATPBEEHCGVBANAQGURFNZREHYRVAGURPBHAPVYBSYBEVRACBYVPLNAQVGNCCYVRFVAFVGHNGVBAFJURERNPNEQRSSRPGNYERNQLNYYBJFFBZRBGUREPUNENPGREGBGNCGBNGGRZCGGBERZBIRGURPBEEHCGVBAPNEQVSVHFRFGNEGREZBIRZRAGSEBZYBEVRAGBEVIRAQRYYPNANPNIRJLEZORCYNLRQBAZRABGURERVFNPNEQPNYYRQPNIRJBEZOHGGURERVFABPNEQPNIRJLEZPNIRJBEZFGNGRFGUNGVFCYNLNOYRXRLRQGBNOHAPUBSERTVBAFABARBSJUVPUNERJBYQNAQSBBGUVYYFGURERTVBAJUVPUYBEVRAVFVABEEUHQNHEGURERTVBAJUVPUEVIRAQRYYVFVAFBABGUVATBAGURPNEQNYYBJFVGGBORCYNLRQNYFBGUREHYRFBAXRLVATPERNGHERFZRGJC75FGNGRNZBATBGUREBCGVBAFGURPBZCNALFFVGRBSBEVTVABEARJFVGRVFVANERTVBAJURERGURPERNGHERFPNEQGRKGFNLFVGPNAORCYNLRQGUVFEHYRQBRFABGNYYBJPNIRJBEZGBORCYNLRQNAQABARBSGURBGUREEHYRFNERRIRAPYBFRGBGUVFFVGHNGVBAVSLBHJRERGURARGERCUBJJBHYQLBHQBGURWBOVJBHYQERPBTAVMRZLCBFVGVBANFZRERORNEREBSGUREHYRFNAQVJBHYQRZNVYZLCNYFZVXRNAQPBYRZNAJURAGURERJNFNERNYQRONGRGBFRRUBJGUREHYRFJBEXVJBHYQQRYRGRRIRELGUVATVAGURPESRKPRCGGURREENGNNAQPYNEVSVPNGVBAFGUNGPUNATRQUBJGURTNZRVFCYNLRQNAQVAFGRNQVJBHYQCBVAGGBJUVPUEHYRNYERNQLNAFJREFGURDHRFGVBANAQGURAVJBHYQVFFHRNOHAPUBSWHAXEHYVATFSNIBEVATNYYBSGURPNEQFJVGUGBZOBZONQVYBEFUNTENGVAGURPNEQNEGGBTVIRNQINAGNTRFGBZLBJAPENCQRPXF
CDavis7M

By the way, did you review the ARV process? It went well.

Also, according to the CoE Charter the NetRep's rulings do NOT override the rules.
sarma72
Council Member

Thanks Manuel. Happy to help here with my thought as much as I can.

As for moderating, I think I'd like to get a poll on this, with a call for candidates - to get some sort of mandate :-). Again people could say who the f$&% is Sarma72 (also known in Real Earth in 2022 Fourth Age as Marc Sarzi).

I'll get back when I can to this discussion. I am presently going through some rough patches (wife had horseriding accident - not quite á la Snowmane but she'll need help to recover in the next couple of weeks).
“The wide world is all about you: you can fence yourselves in, but you cannot forever fence it out.”
Manuel
Council Chairman

By the way, did you review the ARV process? It went well.

Also, according to the CoE Charter the NetRep's rulings do NOT override the rules.
Yes, I know the ARV, it's a great initiative, although it's a pity it stopped in 2018. I guess the next CoE charter should move on and continue with new proposals.

As for my job here, I know I can't override any rule, there's the ARV for that. My proposal is oriented towards rules interpretations and clarifications, not making new rulings or override the existing ones. I'm editing the name of this post so it's clearer.
CDavis7M wrote: ↑Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:58 am
Manuel wrote: ↑Sat Nov 19, 2022 1:11 pm Thanks a lot for reading, I know it's been a long journey. Looking forward to read your opinions on the matter.
I think you should take Ichabod's actually official quiz. Otherwise, there is no evidence of your rules expertise for anyone to review. There should be some confidence in the judge. In the US someone cannot even cut your hair without a certificate.
The same CoE charter you use in your favor when it's convenient doesn't say the NetRep has to take Ichabod's text. However, since I'm trying to build a bridge here, I've taken the time to answer it:
Hey y'all,

For all y'all out there who think you can do this job better than me, here's your chance to prove it.

1. The CRF says that the hoard goes away immediately (under Rulings by Term) if a Dragon manifestation is defeated, and that it goes away at the end of the turn (under Complete Errata Listing). Which is correct?

A Dragon hoard is defined as being at any site that had a Dragon automatic-attack at the beginning of the turn.

2. What regions does No Escape From My Magic apply to if I play it on Snaga-hai?

No Escape From My Magic can't be played on Snaga-hai, because it has to be played on a unique faction, and Snaga-hai isn't one.

3. Can I assign a strike from Cave Drake to an tapped character?

Assuming you are the player playing the Cave Drake, yes.

4. I just started playing, and I don't understand the rules. Can you explain them to me?

As far as I know, it's not my task to explain the rules to everyone, but to clarify certain rules questions. However, you can come to my house any day and I'll gladly explain them to you, not as a NetRep but as a fellow MECCG player.

5. Can I play a Wizard's Ring at Minas Tirith with the White Tree played on it?

No. In this case, Minas Tirith is considered a haven only for purposes of healing and playing hazards.

6. If I move while a Snowstorm is out, can my opponent play hazards on me? Can he key creatures to my site of origin?

Yes, he can play hazards in response, but those hazards can't be corruption or anything that creates an attack. So he can't play creatures. But even if there wasn't a snowstorm in play, creatures can never be keyed to the site of origin of a moving company.

7. When are you going to errata Eomer to make him like he was in the books?

It's not my job to do that.

8. Can I play Rebuild the Town before the automatic-attack has been faced?

No. First, Rebuild the Town got an errata and it can only be played during the site phase. Second, since you have to play it during the site phase, there's another entry in the CRF that applies. CRF, Rulings by term, Site Phase:

A company may not play any resource during the site phase until they have faced all automatic-attacks, unless that resource directly affects an automatic-attack. Removing an automatic-attack does not directly affect it, although cancelling does.

9. If two people are playing a Fallen-wizard in a general opponent tournament, who declares which Fallen-wizard they are playing first?

They both declare the identity of their Fallen Wizard before choosing their starting companies. If they happen to be the same Fallen Wizard, then the game will probably be won by the first player to get his Fallen-wizard into play.

10. What happens if I tap Power Built by Waiting, and then my opponent plays Marvels Told on it?

Marvels Told resolves first and discards Power Built by Waiting, so the hazard limit doesn't increase.

11. I'm never buying MECCG again. I bought a booster pack, and there was no rare card in it.

Since ICE lost the license more than twenty years ago, all I can say is: better luck next time! MECCG is a great game no matter what.

12. For the Balrog of Moria, does the +2 prowess bonus if Galadriel is in Lorien apply to itself?

First, the +2 prowess bonus applies only if Galadriel is NOT in LĂłrien or if she is not in play. If that's the case, then yes, the +2 bonus would apply to itself.

13. I was attacked in company vs. company combat. My opponent played Orc Quarells to cancel the attack, but I said he couldn't because I had a Two-headed Troll in the company. Who is right?

You are right in this case. Certain cards and abilities only cancel attaks with specific race types. Such a card can be used to cancel an attack from a company only if each character in the attacking company has one of the race types that the card can cancel.

Since allies count as characters in combat, and the Two-headed troll doesn't have the troll race listed on the card, that would prevent your opponent from playing Orc Quarrels to cancel the attack.

14. Can I get a Twilight from my discard pile with Smoke Rings if I played it as a resource?

No. Twilight can be played as a resource, but it's still a hazard.

15. If I play Dark Tryst in response to a hazard, can I use one of the cards I draw to cancel the hazard?

No. You could play Dark Tryst in response, but you'd have to wait until the full chain of effects has resolved to play a card you drew with it. It would go like this:

Declaration:

1. Your opponent plays Bane of the Ithil Stone. It is declared but still not resolved.
2. You play Dark Tryst, hoping to draw a copy of Smoke Rings so you can shuffle a resource from your discard pile before Bane of the Ithil Stone resolves (you can't, I'll tell you why later). It is declared but still not resolved.

(No one wants to declare more actions)

Resolution:

1. Dark Tryst resolves, you draw three cards, and draw Smoke Rings. Now you'd like to play Smoke Rings, but you have to wait until the entire chain of effects has resolved.
2. Bane of the Ithil Stone resolves. You are no longer able to get anything from your discard pile.

16. When is the Balrog coming out?

This expansion came out in 1998.

If you are asking about The Balrog (character) in the context of a game, the play of certain cards allows him to ignore his own text and move from an Underdeeps surface site to another site. There's one quite cool called Out He Sprang.

17. If I Marvels Told a corruption card, do I have to make the corruption check before or after the corruption card is removed?

You make the corruption check after the corruption card has been removed. Marvels Told effect is resolved in the order listed on the card: first, you remove the corruption card, then you make the corruption check.

18. The CRF says a character can tap to take a corruption card off of another character. Why isn't this errata to the rules?

Because it's not a general rule. This ruling is not referring to corruption cards in general, but only those which (for example) require a sage in the company to tap, like Dragon's Curse.

19. If I use starter movement from Lorien to Rivendell, can a Cave Wyrm be played on me?

Assuming you mean a Cave Worm: no, it can't be played. When using starter movement, only the regions containing the site of origin and site of destination are considered for playing hazard creatures that can be played keyed by region name. Cave Worm can't be played keyed to Rhudaur or Wold & Foothills.

20. If you were the netrep, how would you do the job?

I'm still trying to figure that out. See my post above.
Now, can we please move on to the proposal? I've already mentioned that another candidate can step in if the community thinks I'm not good enough for the task. And I've said that we need an official voice for ruling clarifications.
Last edited by Manuel on Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.meccg.com
Manuel
Council Chairman

sarma72 wrote: ↑Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:57 am Thanks Manuel. Happy to help here with my thought as much as I can.

As for moderating, I think I'd like to get a poll on this, with a call for candidates - to get some sort of mandate :-). Again people could say who the f$&% is Sarma72 (also known in Real Earth in 2022 Fourth Age as Marc Sarzi).

I'll get back when I can to this discussion. I am presently going through some rough patches (wife had horseriding accident - not quite á la Snowmane but she'll need help to recover in the next couple of weeks).
This sounds good to me Marc. If the proposal is accepted, we can get that poll going.

I'm sorry for your wife's accident! Wishing her a speedy recovery.
www.meccg.com
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

Manuel wrote: ↑Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:11 pm 5. Can I play a Wizard's Ring at Minas Tirith with the White Tree played on it?

No. In this case, Minas Tirith is considered a haven only for purposes of healing and playing hazards.
The White Tree is not played on Minas Tirith. The question includes invalid assumption; maybe is captious.
(You can play Wizard's Ring at Minas Tirith, regardless of presence of The White Tree in play, if Minas Tirith is your Wizardhaven).
Manuel wrote: ↑Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:06 pm8. [...]
You are not a company.
We will not speak of such things even in the morning of the Shire.
CDavis7M

CDavis7M wrote: ↑Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:58 am My answers encoded:

SEBZVPUFCNZOYBPXPFGBARARGPENVTVPUNOBQBOEVRAFHOWRPGZRPPTYBBXVATSBEARJARGERCQNGR42213150URLLNYYSBENYYLNYYBHGGURERJUBGUVAXLBHPNAQBGUVFWBOORGGREGUNAZRURERFLBHEPUNAPRGBCEBIRVGGURPESFNLFGUNGGURUBNEQTBRFNJNLVZZRQVNGRYLHAQREEHYVATFOLGREZVSNQENTBAZNAVSRFGNGVBAVFQRSRNGRQNAQGUNGVGTBRFNJNLNGGURRAQBSGURGHEAHAQREPBZCYRGRREENGNYVFGVATJUVPUVFPBEERPGGURREENGNVFPBEERPGGUREHYVATOLGREZVFBHGQNGRQGURREENGNJNFVFFHRQBA52WHAR4221NAQVGFGNGRFQENTBAEHYRFUBNEQFPUNATRRNPUFVGRJVGUNQENTBANHGBZNGVPNGGNPXVRRNPUQENTBAFYNVEPBAGNVAFNUBNEQGBRNPUFVGRJUVPUUNQNQENTBANHGBZNGVPNGGNPXNGGURORTVAAVATBSGURGHEAPBAGNVAFNUBNEQGURPYNEVSVPNGVBAVAGUREHYVATFOLGREZQROHGRQVAPES2QNGRQ8QRPRZORE4220GURERNERNSRJRNEYVREHAQREYLVATEHYVATFVA4220ABGUVATRNEYVRESEBZGURHFRARGGUNGVPNASVAQDHVPXYLOHGGUVFEHYVATVFFHCCBEGRQOLGURGRKGBSGURQENTBAFEHYRFJUNGERTVBAFQBRFABRFPNCRSEBZZLZNTVPNCCYLGBVSVCYNLVGBAFANTNUNVABARGURERVFREENGNABRFPNCRSEBZZLZNTVPPUNATRCYNLNOYRBANALSNPGVBAVACYNLGBCYNLNOYRBANALHAVDHRSNPGVBAVACYNLGURFANTNUNVSNPGVBAVFABGNHAVDHRSNPGVBAABRFPNCRSEBZZLZNTVPVFABGCYNLNOYRBAFANTNUNVPNAVNFFVTANFGEVXRSEBZPNIRQENXRGBNAGNCCRQPUNENPGRELRFGBNPUNENPGREBENYYLBSGURNGGNPXREFPUBVPRGNCCRQBEHAGNCCRQPNIRQENXRFNLFNGGNPXREPUBBFRFQRSRAQVATPUNENPGREFNAQGUREHYRFBANFFVTAVATFGEVXRFFNLHAYRFFGURNGGNPXFGNGRFBGUREJVFRNFPNIRQENXRQBRFGURQRSRAQREPUBBFRFJUVPUHAGNCCRQPUNENPGREFJVYYORGURGNETRGFBSTVIRAFGEVXRFGURAGURNGGNPXREPUBBFRFJUVPUBGUREQRSRAQVATPUNENPGREFABGLRGNFFVTARQNFGEVXRJVYYORGURGNETRGBSNALERZNVAVATHANFFVTARQFGEVXRFFBGURNGGNPXZNLPUBBFRNGNCCRQPUNENPGREVORYVRIRGURDHRFGVBAREZNLUNIRPBASHFVBAORPNHFRGURQRSRAQREPUBBFRFHAGNCCRQPUNENPGREFJUVYRGURNGGNPXREUNFABFHPUERDHVERZRAGJURAGURLTRGGBPUBBFRVWHFGFGNEGRQCYNLVATNAQVQBAGHAQREFGNAQGUREHYRFPNALBHRKCYNVAGURZGBZRVFHTTRFGERNQVATGURFGNEGREEHYRFVAGURZRGJHAYVZVGRQEHYRFOBBXVTABEVATGUROBKRQFRPGVBAFNFGUREHYRFFHTTRFGVSLBHUNIRVGERNQGUEBHTUGURFNZCYRTNZRVAGURTNAQNYSNAQFNEHZNAFGNEGREFRGBEERNQGUEBHTUGURRKNZCYRBSCYNLBACNTR80BSGURZRYRPBZCNAVBAOBBXVSLBHQBABGUNIRGURFROBBXFCYRNFRNFXNZBERFCRPVSVPDHRFGVBANAQVJVYYURYCPNAVCYNLNJVMNEQFEVATNGZVANFGVEVGUJVGUGURJUVGRGERRCYNLRQBAVGJVMNEQFEVATFNLFCYNLNOYRBAYLNGNUNIRAGURJUVGRGERRFNLFZVANFGVEVGUORPBZRFNUNIRASBECHECBFRFBSURNYVATNAQCYNLVATUNMNEQFJVMNEQFEVATVFNERFBHEPRABGNUNMNEQNAQVGVFABGURNYVATGURJUVGRGERRQBRFABGZNXRZVANFGVEVGUNUNIRASBECHECBFRFBSCYNLVATERFBHEPRFBEVGRZFBEJVMNEQFEVATGURVAGEBQHPGVBAGBGURPESRKCYNVAFGUVFGURZNVAGUVATGBERZRZOREJURAZNXVATEHYVATFONFRQBAGUREHYRFNAQGURPNEQFVFGUNGVSVGVFAGGURERGURAVGVFAGGURERVSNPNEQFNLFNFVGRPBHAGFNFNUNIRASBECHECBFRFBSURNYVATGUNGQBRFABGZRNAGURFVGRPBHAGFNFNUNIRASBENALBGURECHECBFRFVSNPNEQFNLFVGPNAORCYNLRQNFNERFBHEPRGUNGQBRFABGZRNAVGPBHAGFNFNERFBHEPRNGNALGVZRRKPRCGJURAVGVFORVATCYNLRQERZRZOREVSVGVFAGGURERVGVFAGGURERVSVZBIRJUVYRNFABJFGBEZVFBHGPNAZLBCCBARAGCYNLUNMNEQFBAZRPNAURXRLPERNGHERFGBZLFVGRBSBEVTVALRFGURBCCBARAGPNACYNLPREGNVAUNMNEQFBALBHABURPNAABGXRLPERNGHERFGBLBHEFVGRBSBEVTVAFUBEGRKCYNANGVBAFABJFGBEZFRSSRPGHFRFGURGVZVATTVIRAVANAABGNGVBA2ZRNAVATGUNGGURERGHEAGBBEVTVARSSRPGVFABGVZZRQVNGRYLVZCYRZRAGRQOHGVGVFQRPYNERQNAQGURAERFBYIRQVANPUNVABSRSSRPGFJUVPUZRNAFGUNGUNMNEQFNAQERFBHEPRFPNAORCYNLRQVAERFCBAFROHGABPERNGHERFNGGNPXFBEPBEEHCGVBAPNEQFNFGURLPNAABGORCYNLRQVAERFCBAFRFRRNAABGNGVBA48NAQGURREENGNHAQREPBEEHCGVBAVAGURPESGURBCCBARAGPNAABGXRLNPERNGHERGBLBHEFVGRBSBEVTVASBE6ERNFBAF4PERNGHERFZHFGORQRPYNERQSVEFGVANPUNVABSRSSRPGFOHGFABJFGBEZVFNYERNQLQRPYNERQSVEFGCRENAABGNGVBA25NSGREFABJFGBEZERFBYIRFGURAABZBERUNMNEQFPNAORCYNLRQFRRZRGJZRYRNCCRAQVKSHYYGHEAFHZZNELFGRC7NAQ6GUREHYRFBAXRLVATPERNGHERFBAC75BSZRGJQBABGNYYBJXRLVATGBGURFVGRBSBEVTVAYBATRKCYNANGVBAFABJFGBEZUNFGURRSSRPGRNPUZBIVATPBZCNALJVGUNJVYQREARFFVAVGFFVGRCNGUZHFGERGHEAGBVGFFVGRBSBEVTVAGURTNZRZRPUNAVPGUNGRZOBQVRFGUVFRSSRPGVFGURNPGVBABSERZBIVATCVPXVATHCGURPBZCNALFFVGRBSBEVTVAPNEQNAQNALERTVBAPNEQFNAQERGHEAVATGURZGBGURYBPNGVBAQRPXBEQVFPNEQVATGURPNEQVSVGVFNGNCCRQABAUNIRAFVGRGUVFVFRKCYNVARQBACNTR92BSGURZRGJEHYRFJURERVGFGNGRFVSGURPBZCNALUNFORRAERDHVERQGBERGHEAGBVGFFVGRBSBEVTVAERGHEAGURARJFVGRPNEQGBGURYBPNGVBAQRPXBEQVFPNEQVSVGVFGNCCRQNAQCEBPRRQGBFGRC9GURFVGRBSBEVTVAORPBZRFVGFPHEERAGFVGRABNQQVGVBANYUNMNEQFZNLORCYNLRQBAGUNGPBZCNALABGVPRVAFGRC7BSGURZUCUNFRGUNGABUNMNEQFZNLORCYNLRQBAPRGURPBZCNALVFERDHVERQGBERGHEAGBGURVEFVGRBSBEVTVAUBJRIREGURRSSRPGBSFABJFGBEZQBRFABGGNXRRSSRPGVZZRQVNGRYLORPNHFRVGVAIBYIRFGURNPGVBABSGURCYNLRECULFVPNYYLCVPXVATHCGURFVGRBSBEVTVAPNEQNAQZBIVATVGFBZRJURERRYFRGURERVFNGVZVATEHYRSBEFHPUNPGVBAFNAABGNGVBA2VSNPNEQFCRPVSVRFGUNGNANPGVBAVFGBBPPHENFNERFHYGBSFBZRFCRPVSVPCNFFVIRPBAQVGVBAGUVFNPGVBAORPBZRFNHGBZNGVPNYYLGURSVEFGNPGVBAQRPYNERQVAGURPUNVABSRSSRPGFGBVZZRQVNGRYLSBYYBJGURPUNVABSRSSRPGFCEBQHPVATGURCNFFVIRPBAQVGVBAGURCNFFVIRPBAQVGVBAZHFGRKVFGJURAGUVFERFHYGVATNPGVBAVFERFBYIRQVAVGFBJAPUNVABSRSSRPGFBEGURNPGVBAVFPNAPRYRQABGRGUNGNPGVBAFVAGURFGEVXRFRDHRAPRSBYYBJNQVSSRERAGFRGBSEHYRFFABJFGBEZFCRPVSVRFGUNGGURERGHEAGBBEVTVANPGVBANFVGRPNEQCVPXVATHCNPGVBABPPHEFNFNERFHYGBSFBZRFCRPVSVPCNFFVIRPBAQVGVBANZBIVATPBZCNALJVGUJVYQREARFFVAVGFFVGRCNGUGUVFVFPNYYRQNCNFFVIRPBAQVGVBAORPNHFRGURCYNLREQBRFABGNPGVIRYLCRESBEZNANPGVBAGUNGTVIRFNPBZCNALJVYQREARFFVAGURVEFVGRCNGUZRNAVATGURCYNLREQBRFABGCYNLNJVYQREARFFERTVBAFCRPVSVPNYYLGBNPGVINGRGURRSSRPGBSFABJFGBEZBAGURVEBJAPBZCNALVAFGRNQGURLCYNLNERTVBAPNEQBENFVGRPNEQVAFGNEGREZBIRZRAGJVGUJVYQREARFFBAVGVAGURBETNAVMNGVBACUNFRNAQBAYLYNGREBAVAGURZUCUNFRVFGUVFFVGRERTVBAPNEQCNFFVIRYLERIRNYRQGUEBHTUGURABEZNYZBIRZRAGUNMNEQCUNFREHYRFNGFGRC4JVGUBHGNALNPGVIRQRPVFVBAOLGURCYNLRENGGUNGCBVAGGUVFFVGHNGVBAVFCNFFVIRVAGURFRAFRGUNGGURNPGVBABSERIRNYVATGURERTVBAPNEQJVGUNJVYQREARFFGLCRPNZRVAGBCYNLGUEBHTUNZRPUNAVFZBSGURTNZRVAQVERPGYLNFNERFHYGBSGURRNEYVREQRPVFVBAGBCYNLGUNGERTVBAPNEQVAGURBETNAVMNGVBACUNFRCNFFVIRVFQVSSRERAGSEBZNPGVIRNFVANPGVIRPBAQVGVBAVAGUNGGURCYNLRENPGVIRYLVAIBXRFNANPGVIRPBAQVGVBAGNCCVATNFPBHGGBCYNLPBAPRNYZRAGGNCCVATNAQQVFPNEQVATNQHANCURYCYNLVATNIVYLNPNEQSEBZLBHEUNAQBARYEBAQGBFNGVFSLGURPBAQVGVBARYEBAQBAYLJURANPBAQVGVBABANPNEQRTVSRNPUNYYUNFPBAQVGVBAFJUVPUGURCYNLREQBRFABGNPGVIRYLVAIBXROHGJUVPUUNCCRACNFFVIRYLFVZCYLNFNERFHYGBSCYNLVATGURTNZRGUREHYRFBACNFFVIRPBAQVGVBAFNCCYLNAABGNGVBA2NAQ43GUVFZRNAFGUNGGURERGHEAGBBEVTVANPGVBAQBRFABGUNCCRAVZZRQVNGRYLOHGVAFGRNQVGVFQRPYNERQNAQGURAYNGREERFBYIRQNSGRENYYVAGREIRAVATNPGVBAFUNIRORRAQRPYNERQNAQERFBYIRYNFGVASVEFGBHGVANPUNVABSRSSRPGFVSLBHJNAGGBXABJJULNAABGNGVBA2NQBRFABGNCCYLJRYYVJBHYQABGFNLGUNGNQVFPNEQVATNGNCCRQFVGRUNFNCNFFVIRPBAQVGVBAGUNGGEVTTRERQVGOHGNYFBERPBTAVMRGUNGNAABGNGVBA2NVFNGVZVATEHYRGUREHYRFBACNFFVIRPBAQVGVBAFNERGVZVATEHYRFNAQGUREHYRFBAGURZBIRZRAGUNMNEQCUNFRNYERNQLFCRPVSVPNYYLPBIREGURGVZVATBSGUVFNPGVBAVAFGRC7FCRPVSVPVGLZNGGREFFRRZLYRPGHERBAGURFBHEPRFNAQBEVTVANGVBABSNPGVIRNAQCNFFVIRPBAQVGVBAFARKGJRRXGURYRPGHERFBAGURGREZXRLHFRQVABGUREVPRCEBQHPGFNERORVATQRYNLRQHAGVYARKGFRZRFGRENAQGBERCRNGGUREHYRFBAXRLVATPERNGHERFBAC75BSZRGJQBABGNYYBJXRLVATGBGURFVGRBSBEVTVANGNYYJURANERLBHTBVATGBREENGNRBZREGBZNXRUVZYVXRURJNFVAGUROBBXFGURQRFVTAREFTNIRRBZREZNALNGGEVOHGRFGUNGZNXRUVZYVXRURJNFVAGUROBBXSBEVAFGNAPRRBZREJNFNTERNGJNEEVBEBSEBUNAJUBCNGEBYYRQNAQQRSRAQRQGURZNEPURFNAQNPUVRIRQIVPGBELNGGURCRYRAABESBEGUVFURJNFTVIRAGURENATREFXVYYERSYRPGVATUVFCNGEBYBSGURZNEPURFNAQGURJNEEVBEFXVYYERSYRPGVATUVFFXVYYVAONGGYRVAGUROBBXFURJNFNYFBNYRNQREBSGUREBUVEEVZNAQXVATNAQFBURVFTVIRA5QVERPGVASYHRAPRNTNVAFGGUREVQREFBSEBUNASNPGVBAUBJRIREGURQRFVTAREFUNQGURWBOBSPERNGVATPBZCRYYVATTNZRCYNLJVGUZRNAVATSHYQRPVFVBAFONFRQBANINEVRGLBSFGENGRTVRFJVGUPBZCRGVATVAGRERFGFVABEQREGBQBGUVFGURERARRQRQGBORPUNENPGREFUNIVATNINEVRGLBSZVAQCEBJRFFNAQOBQLNGGEVOHGRFNAQFBJUVYRRBZREUNFZNALNGGEVOHGRFGUNGERSYRPGUVFPUNENPGREVAGUROBBXURZNLABGUNIRNFUVTUBSCEBJRFFBEZVAQNFFBZRCYNLREFZVTUGYVXRTVIRAGURPBAFGENVAGFBSQRFVTAVATVAGRERFGVATTNZRCYNLPNAVCYNLEROHVYQGURGBJAORSBERGURNHGBZNGVPNGGNPXUNFORRASNPRQABSVEFGEROHVYQGURGBJAUNFREENGNPNEQREENGHZERCYNPRCYNLNOYRBAJVGUCYNLNOYRQHEVATGURFVGRCUNFRBAFRPBAQVGPNAABGORCYNLRQVAGURFVGRCUNFRORSBERGURNHGBZNGVPNGGNPXUNFORRASNPRQVAZRGJNAQZRYRSHYYCYNLREGHEAFHZZNEVRFGURFVGRCUNFRVFNCEBPRQHERJVGUNFREVRFBSFGRCFFHZZNEVMRQQBABGUVATBE4QRPVQRGBRAGRE5NALNHGBZNGVPNGGNPXFNGGNPXGURPBZCNAL6NGGRZCGGBCYNLBARVGRZNYYLBESNPGVBAGURERVFNPYNEVSVPNGVBABAGURFRFVGRCUNFREHYRFVAGURPESNPBZCNALZNLABGCYNLNALERFBHEPRQHEVATGURFVGRCUNFRHAGVYGURLUNIRSNPRQNYYNHGBZNGVPNGGNPXFHAYRFFGUNGERFBHEPRQVERPGYLNSSRPGFNANHGBZNGVPNGGNPXERZBIVATNANHGBZNGVPNGGNPXQBRFABGQVERPGYLNSSRPGVGNYGUBHTUPNAPRYYVATQBRFEROHVYQGURGBJAVFNPNEQGUNGERZBIRFNANHGBZNGVPNGGNPXNAQPNAABGORCYNLRQGURERZVTUGORPBASHFVBAORPNHFRGURPBZCNALQBRFABGCYNLEROHVYQGURGBJAGUVFPBASHFVBAJNFNQQERFFRQOLVPRVAGURVEEHYVATFFNLVATGUNGGURCYNLREZNLABGCYNLNALGUVATABGWHFGGURPBZCNALNAQVGJNFNYFBNQQERFFRQVAGURPUNYYRATRQRPXEHYRFOBYQBEVTVANYVABEQREGBQBNALGUVATQHEVATGURFVGRCUNFRLBHZHFGSVEFGRAGREGURFVGRNAQGURASNPRNALNAQNYYNHGBZNGVPNGGNPXFYVFGRQBAGURFVGRPNEQFBZRCRBCYRZVTUGFGVYYPBZCYNVANOBHGGUVFOHGFRRZRNSGREPYNFFVSGJBCRBCYRNERCYNLVATNSNYYRAJVMNEQVANTRARENYBCCBARAGGBHEANZRAGJUBQRPYNERFJUVPUSNYYRAJVMNEQGURLNERCYNLVATSVEFGGUREHYRFQBAGPBIREGUVFNAQVGQBRFAGZNGGREORPNHFROBGUCYNLREFZNLOBGUQRPYNERGURFNZRSNYYRAJVMNEQJUNGUNCCRAFVSVGNCCBJREOHVYGOLJNVGVATNAQGURAZLBCCBARAGCYNLFZNEIRYFGBYQBAVGGUVFFRRZFYVXRNGVZVATDHRFGVBANAQVGFYVXRYLGUNGGURGVZVATQBRFAGNPGHNYYLZNGGREVAGURDHRFGVBAZNEIRYFGBYQJNFQRPYNERQNSGRECBJREOHVYGOLJNVGVATNAQFBVGERFBYIRFORSBERCBJREOHVYGOLJNVGVATZRNAVATGUNGGURUNMNEQYVZVGVAPERNFVATRSSRPGBSCBJREOHVYGOLJNVGVATARIREERFBYIRFUBJRIRERIRAVSGURRSSRPGBSCBJREOHVYGOLJNVGVATQVQERFBYIRNAQGURUNMNEQYVZVGVAPERNFRQZNEIRYFGBYQPBHYQFGVYYORCYNLRQYNGREGBQVFPNEQCOOJNAQUNIRVGFRSSRPGBSVAPERNFVATGURUNMNEQYVZVGYRNIRCYNLGUVFVFORPNHFRGURRSSRPGFBSNPNEQYRNIRCYNLJURAGURPNEQYRNIRFCYNLGUVFVFJUNGVACYNLZRNAFOHGVGVFNYFBPYNEVSVRQVAGURPESHAQREGURGREZQVFPNEQVSNPNEQYRNIRFNPGVIRCYNLVAPYHQVATORVATERGHEARQGBNCYNLREFUNAQVGVZZRQVNGRYLPRNFRFUNIVATNARSSRPGBACYNLFBVSGURUNMNEQCYNLREVAPERNFRQGURUNMNEQYVZVGOL4HFVATCOOJNAQGURAQRPYNERQNUNMNEQGUNGERYVRQBAGUNGVAPERNFRQUNMNEQYVZVGGURERFBHEPRCYNLREPBHYQCYNLZNEIRYFGBYQVAERFCBAFRGBGUNGUNMNEQGNETRGVATCOOJPNHFVATCOOJGBORQVFPNEQRQORSBERGURUNMNEQERFBYIRFVZZRQVNGRYLERZBIVATGURUNMNEQYVZVGVAPERNFVATRSSRPGBSCOOJNAQGURERSBERVZZRQVNGRYLERZBIVATNPBAQVGVBAGURUNMNEQYVZVGVFNPBAQVGVBASBEGUNGUNMNEQPNEQGBORCYNLRQQRPYNERQNAQBEERFBYIRQGUREROLARTNGVATERFBYHGVBABSGURUNMNEQVGVFQVFPNEQRQNAQUNFABRSSRPGVZARIREOHLVATZRPPTNTNVAVOBHTUGNOBBFGRECNPXNAQGURERJNFABENERPNEQVAVGGURARGERCVFURERGBNAFJREEHYRFDHRFGVBAFSBEDHRFGVBAFNOBHGCEBQHPGFCYRNFRPBAGNPGVPRNGZRGJVPRNBYPBZBEIVNFANVYZNVYGBGURVECBOBKNQQERFFVEBAPEBJARAGRECEVFRFVAPCBOBK4938PUNEYBGGRFIVYYRPN55235HFNSBEGURONYEBTBSZBEVNQBRFGUR5CEBJRFFOBAHFVSTNYNQEVRYVFVAYBEVRANCCYLGBVGFRYSGURERNERNSRJCBVAGFBSPBASHFVBA4GURONYEBTBSZBEVNRSSRPGGBTVIR5CEBJRFFGBNGGNPXFVFVANFRCNENGRFRAGRAPRSEBZGURRSSRPGGUNGQRCRAQFBAJURGURETNYNQEVRYVFNGYBEVRAJUVPUZNXRFYBEVRANSERRUBYQ5GURRSSRPGGUNGQRCRAQFBATNYNQEVRYFCERFRAPRPBZRFVAGBCYNLJURAFURVFABGNGYBEVRABEABGVACYNLABGJURAFURVFNGYBEVRA6GUR5CEBJRFFOBAHFNCCYVRFGBNYYNHGBZNGVPNGGNPXFNGFVGRFVAERQUBEATNGRZBEVNVFVAERQUBEATNGRNAQGURONYEBTBSZBEVNPERNGRFNANHGBZNGVPNGGNPXFBVGQBRFTRGGUR5CEBJRFFOBAHFVJNFNGGNPXRQVAPBZCNALIFPBZCNALPBZONGZLBCCBARAGCYNLRQBEPDHNERYYFGBPNAPRYGURNGGNPXOHGVFNVQURPBHYQAGORPNHFRVUNQNGJBURNQRQGEBYYVAGURPBZCNALJUBVFEVTUGBEPDHNEERYFPNAABGORHFRQGBPNAPRYNANGGNPXOLNPBZCNALJVGUNGJBURNQRQGEBYYVZNFFHZVATGUNGRVGURELBHNAQBELBHEBCCBARAGNERNSNYYRAJVMNEQBEGUNGGURERVFFBZRRSSRPGVACYNLNYYBJVATSBEPIPPORGJRRAGJBZVAVBAPBZCNAVRFCEBARGBIVBYRAPRBEGUNGLBHNERNUREBCYNLREJUBNPGHNYYLCYNLRQQNEXDHNEERYFNAQABGGURZVAVBAERFBHEPRBEPDHNEERYFVZNYFBTBVATGBNFFHZRGUNGLBHJRERGURBARNGGNPXVATRIRAGUBHTULBHFNVQGUNGLBHJRERNGGNPXRQORPNHFRJULJBHYQLBHPNAPRYLBHEBJANGGNPXNAQRIRAVSLBHJNAGRQGBLBHPNAABGPNAPRYLBHEBJAPIPPNGGNPXFVAPRBAYLGURQRSRAQVATPBZCNALVFPBAFVQRERQGBORSNPVATNANGGNPXFRRZRYRC13NAQZRONC41NAQGURPESHAQREGHEAFRDHRAPRFVGRCUNFRPIPPNFSBEGURDHRFGVBAGJBURNQRQGEBYYVFABGNGEBYYORPNHFRVGQBRFABGUNIRGURGEBYYXRLJBEQABEQBRFVGUNIRGURGEBYYPNEQGLCRNAQGURPIPPEHYRFZRYRC14FGNGRPREGNVAPNEQFNAQNOVYVGVRFBAYLPNAPRYNGGNPXFJVGUFCRPVSVPENPRGLCRFFHPUNPNEQPNAORHFRQGBPNAPRYNANGGNPXSEBZNPBZCNALBAYLVSRNPUPUNENPGREVAGURPBZCNALUNFBARBSGURENPRGLCRFGUNGGURPNEQPNAPNAPRYGJBURNQRQGEBYYVFNANYYLABGNPUNENPGREUBJRIRENANYYLPBHAGFNFNPUNENPGRESBEPBZONGCHECBFRFZRYRC75FGNGRNANYYLQBRFABGPBHAGNFNPUNENPGRESBENALCHECBFRFBGUREGUNAPBZONGNAQGURHFRBSPREGNVAFXVYYFPNAPRYVATNANGGNPXVFNANPGVBAJVGUNPBZONGCHECBFRGURERSBERGJBURNQRQGEBYYVFNPUNENPGRENAQFCRPVSVPNYYLNABABEPGEBYYZNAPUNENPGRESBECHECBFRFBSQRGREZVAVATJURGUREBEPDHNEERYFPNAPNAPRYGURNGGNPXVSLBHJNAGJRPNACYNLZRPPTNEPURBYBTLNAQERIVRJGURZRGJYVZVGRQPNEQFCERHAYVZVGRQREENGNNAQFRRJULZNLORVAGURBEVTVANYTNZRGURGVGYRBSGURPNEQJNFGUBHTUGGBPBHAGSBECHECBFRFBSVQRAGVSLVATPUNENPGREVFGVPFBSGURPNEQFHPUGUNGGJBURNQRQGEBYYJBHYQORPBAFVQRERQNGEBYYOHGGUVFGVZRJNFYBATCNFGJURAZRYRPNZRNEBHAQPNAVTRGNGJVYVTUGSEBZZLQVFPNEQCVYRJVGUFZBXREVATFVSVCYNLRQVGNFNERFBHEPRABOHGSVEFGYRGFNYYERPBTAVMRGURERVFABFHPUGUVATNFGURTNZRUNFABZRZBELBEPNEQFQBABGERZRZOREUBJGURLJRERCYNLRQGUVFVFFBZRGUVATVPUNOBQZNQRHCNAQGURERVFABONFVFVAGUREHYRFSBEVGNAQVGUNFPNHFRQPBASHFVBAVABGURECYNPRFVUNIRABVQRNJULVGTRGFERCRNGRQORPNHFRVGPNHFRFPBASHFVBANAQVAPBEERPGPBAPYHFVBAFVABGUREFVGHNGVBAFVAFGRNQBSGURERORVATABZRZBELGURERNFBAJULGJVYVTUGPNAABGORNSSRPGRQOLFZBXREVATFVFORPNHFRFZBXREVATFJBEXFJVGUERFBHEPRBEPUNENPGREPNEQFNAQGJVYVTUGVFARVGUREVGVFNUNMNEQPNEQVGUNFNFGRRYTENLONPXTEBHAQSENZRNAQWHFGORPNHFRVGVFNUNMNEQPNEQGUNGPNAORCYNLRQNFNERFBHEPRQBRFABGZRNAGUNGVGPBHAGFNFNERFBHEPRHAYRFFVGVFORVATCYNLRQCYNLRQSEBZUNAQFHPUGUNGVGVFQRPYNERQNAQERFBYIRQVANPUNVABSRSSRPGFFRRGURCBVAGNOBHGGURPESVAGEBQHPGVBANOBIRVSVCYNLQNEXGELFGVAERFCBAFRGBNUNMNEQPNAVHFRBARBSGURPNEQFVQENJGBPNAPRYGURUNMNEQABORPNHFRJURAQNEXGELFGVFCYNLRQVAERFCBAFRGBFBZRBGUREPNEQGURRSSRPGFBSGUNGBGUREPNEQNAQNALBGUREVAGREIRAVATPNEQFVAGURPUNVABSRSSRPGFJVYYERFBYIRORSBERGURCYNLREUNFNPUNAPRGBQRPYNERNALARJNPGVBAFYVXRCYNLVATBARBSGURPNEQFGUNGGURLWHFGQERJHFVATQNEXGELFGGURGVZVATEHYRFJBEXGUVFJNLORPNHFRGUREHYRFBANPGVBAFNAQPNEQCYNLZRYRC83NYFBVAZRGJFGNGRGURNPGVBAFVANPUNVABSRSSRPGFNERERFBYIRQBARNGNGVZRSEBZYNFGQRPYNERQGBSVEFGQRPYNERQVRGURYNFGQRPYNERQNPGVBAVFERFBYIRQSVEFGGURAGURFRPBAQGBGURYNFGRGPFBJURANPGVBAFVAPYHQVATGURNPGVBABSCYNLVATQNEXGELFGNAQGURNPGVBBSCYNLVATGURBGUREPNEQNERQRPYNERQGURFRQRPYNERQNPGVBAFNERNYYERFBYIRQVABEQREJVGUBHGNALCBFFVOVYVGLBSQRPYNEVATARJRSSRPGFORGJRRANPGVBAFNAQPNEQCYNLVFGURORFGFRPGVBABSGUREHYRFLBHFUBHYQERNQVGNTNVAGJVPRVGNAFJREFFBZNALDHRFGVBAFJURAVFGURONYEBTPBZVATBHGNFBSNHTHFG4221GURONYEBTVFRKCRPGRQGBPBZRBHGVABPGBOREUBJRIRENONYEBTVFARIREYNGRURNEEVIRFCERPVFRYLJURAURZRNAFGBGURONYEBTJNFRKCRPGRQGBORERYRNFRQVAWHAROHGVPRPUNATRQGURCNPXNTVATSEBZOBBFGRECNPXFGBNCNVEBSSVKRQQRPXFNAQGURERJRERBGUREQRYNLFZNLORERYNGRQGBGURVEPUNATRVAQVFGEVOHGVBAFPURZRFVQBAGXABJFHCCBFRQYLVGJRAGGBGURCEVAGREFVAZNLVGUVAXVURNEQGURERJRERCEVAGVFFHRFVACERCEBQHPGVBAGURERJRERNYFBCEVAGVFFHRFJURAVGJNFERYRNFRQYNGREVGJNFFNVQGBORQRYNLRQHAGVYFRCGRZOREBEBPGBORENAQVGJVYYABGORCYNLNOYRNGANGVBANYFNALJNLNAQZBERQRYNLFVGJNFCHFURQONPXGB5AQBE6EQJRRXBSBPGBOREOHGGURAVQBAGGUVAXVGJNFERYRNFRQHAGVYABIRZORE4221VSVZNEIRYFGBYQNPBEEHCGVBAPNEQQBVUNIRGBZNXRGURPBEEHCGVBAPURPXORSBERBENSGREGURPBEEHCGVBAPNEQVFERZBIRQGURPBEEHCGVBAPNEQVFQVFPNEQRQSVEFGORPNHFRBAGURZNEIRYFGBYQPNEQGURRSSRPGBSQVFPNEQVATGURUNMNEQRIRAGVFYVFGRQJEVGGRAORSBERGURRSSRPGBSGURPUNENPGREZNXVATNPBEEHCGVBAPURPXNAABGNGVBA57GRYYFHFVSNPNEQFCRPVSVRFGUNGZBERGUNABARNPGVBABPPHEFJURAGURPNEQVGFRYSVFERFBYIRQVANPUNVABSRSSRPGFNYYBSGURFRNPGVBAFNERGBORERFBYIRQVAGURPNEQFPUNVABSRSSRPGFHAVAGREEHCGRQNAQVAGURBEQREYVFGRQBAGURPNEQABNPGVBAFZNLORQRPYNERQGBBPPHEORGJRRAGURFRZHYGVCYRNPGVBAFGURNPGVBAFYVFGRQBAGURPNEQNERPBAFVQRERQGBUNIRORRAQRPYNERQVAGURERIREFRBEQRENFGURLNERCEVAGRQGURPESFNLFNPUNENPGREPNAGNCGBGNXRNPBEEHCGVBAPNEQBSSBSNABGUREPUNENPGREJULVFAGGUVFREENGNGBGUREHYRFAVPRGELGURPESQBRFABGFNLGUNGNPUNENPGREPNAGNCGBGNXRNPBEEHCGVBAPNEQBSSBSNABGUREPUNENPGREOHGSBERZBFGGURERFRRZFGBORPBASHFVBANOBHGJUNGGURPESVFNAQUBJVGJBEXFGURVAGEBQHPGVBAGBGURPESFCRPVSVPNYYLFGNGRFFBZRBSGURFRPYNEVSVPNGVBAFNERPBAFVQRERQREENGNGBGUREHYRFBEPNEQFNAQNERABGRQNFFHPUGURGHEAFRDHRAPRNAQEHYVATFOLGREZFRPGVBAFNERFCRPVSVPNYYLPBAFVQRERQPYNEVSVPNGVBAFGBGUREHYRFNAQNERGURERSBERBIREEVQQRAOLPNEQGRKGGUNGFCRPVSVPNYYLQBRFFBGURPESEHYVATJRERNERQVFPHFFVATVFWHFGFHPUNEHYVATGURPESBAPBEEHCGVBANPGHNYYLFGNGRFNPUNENPGRENGGRZCGVATGBERZBIRNPBEEHCGVBAPNEQBANABGUREPUNENPGREZNLVTABERGURGNCCVATERDHVERZRAGNAQERPRVIR6GBGUREBYYGUVFPYNEVSVPNGVBAQVFPHFFRFUBJGBUNAQYRGURFVGHNGVBABSNPUNENPGREERZBIVATNPBEEHCGVBAPNEQBANABGUREPUNENPGREYVXRJVGUCNYRQERNZZNXREABGPERNGVATNARJNYYBJNAPRGBQBFBGUVFVFNPYNEVSVPNGVBAGBGURQENTBAFEHYRBAERZBIVATPBEEHCGVBANAQGURFNZREHYRVAGURPBHAPVYBSYBEVRACBYVPLNAQVGNCCYVRFVAFVGHNGVBAFJURERNPNEQRSSRPGNYERNQLNYYBJFFBZRBGUREPUNENPGREGBGNCGBNGGRZCGGBERZBIRGURPBEEHCGVBAPNEQVSVHFRFGNEGREZBIRZRAGSEBZYBEVRAGBEVIRAQRYYPNANPNIRJLEZORCYNLRQBAZRABGURERVFNPNEQPNYYRQPNIRJBEZOHGGURERVFABPNEQPNIRJLEZPNIRJBEZFGNGRFGUNGVFCYNLNOYRXRLRQGBNOHAPUBSERTVBAFABARBSJUVPUNERJBYQNAQSBBGUVYYFGURERTVBAJUVPUYBEVRAVFVABEEUHQNHEGURERTVBAJUVPUEVIRAQRYYVFVAFBABGUVATBAGURPNEQNYYBJFVGGBORCYNLRQNYFBGUREHYRFBAXRLVATPERNGHERFZRGJC75FGNGRNZBATBGUREBCGVBAFGURPBZCNALFFVGRBSBEVTVABEARJFVGRVFVANERTVBAJURERGURPERNGHERFPNEQGRKGFNLFVGPNAORCYNLRQGUVFEHYRQBRFABGNYYBJPNIRJBEZGBORCYNLRQNAQABARBSGURBGUREEHYRFNERRIRAPYBFRGBGUVFFVGHNGVBAVSLBHJRERGURARGERCUBJJBHYQLBHQBGURWBOVJBHYQERPBTAVMRZLCBFVGVBANFZRERORNEREBSGUREHYRFNAQVJBHYQRZNVYZLCNYFZVXRNAQPBYRZNAJURAGURERJNFNERNYQRONGRGBFRRUBJGUREHYRFJBEXVJBHYQQRYRGRRIRELGUVATVAGURPESRKPRCGGURREENGNNAQPYNEVSVPNGVBAFGUNGPUNATRQUBJGURTNZRVFCYNLRQNAQVAFGRNQVJBHYQCBVAGGBJUVPUEHYRNYERNQLNAFJREFGURDHRFGVBANAQGURAVJBHYQVFFHRNOHAPUBSWHAXEHYVATFSNIBEVATNYYBSGURPNEQFJVGUGBZOBZONQVYBEFUNTENGVAGURPNEQNEGGBTVIRNQINAGNTRFGBZLBJAPENCQRPXF
My answers to the quiz answers are below. Since it was easy I suspect that like all tests it was being graded based on issue spotting, analysis, and explanation. Not simply finding the correct answer with Ctrl+F.

https://www.dcode.fr/caesar-cipher
Shift number 13 (Use the English alphabet and also shift the digits 0-9)

FROMICHSPAMBLOCKCSTONENETCRAIGICHABODOBRIENSUBJECTMECCGLOOKINGFORNEWNETREPDATE75546483HEYYALLFORALLYALLOUTTHEREWHOTHINKYOUCANDOTHISJOBBETTERTHANMEHERESYOURCHANCETOPROVEITTHECRFSAYSTHATTHEHOARDGOESAWAYIMMEDIATELYUNDERRULINGSBYTERMIFADRAGONMANIFESTATIONISDEFEATEDANDTHATITGOESAWAYATTHEENDOFTHETURNUNDERCOMPLETEERRATALISTINGWHICHISCORRECTTHEERRATAISCORRECTTHERULINGBYTERMISOUTDATEDTHEERRATAWASISSUEDON85JUNE7554ANDITSTATESDRAGONRULESHOARDSCHANGEEACHSITEWITHADRAGONAUTOMATICATTACKIEEACHDRAGONSLAIRCONTAINSAHOARDTOEACHSITEWHICHHADADRAGONAUTOMATICATTACKATTHEBEGINNINGOFTHETURNCONTAINSAHOARDTHECLARIFICATIONINTHERULINGSBYTERMDEBUTEDINCRF5DATED1DECEMBER7553THEREAREAFEWEARLIERUNDERLYINGRULINGSIN7553NOTHINGEARLIERFROMTHEUSENETTHATICANFINDQUICKLYBUTTHISRULINGISSUPPORTEDBYTHETEXTOFTHEDRAGONSRULESWHATREGIONSDOESNOESCAPEFROMMYMAGICAPPLYTOIFIPLAYITONSNAGAHAINONETHEREISERRATANOESCAPEFROMMYMAGICCHANGEPLAYABLEONANYFACTIONINPLAYTOPLAYABLEONANYUNIQUEFACTIONINPLAYTHESNAGAHAIFACTIONISNOTAUNIQUEFACTIONNOESCAPEFROMMYMAGICISNOTPLAYABLEONSNAGAHAICANIASSIGNASTRIKEFROMCAVEDRAKETOANTAPPEDCHARACTERYESTOACHARACTERORALLYOFTHEATTACKERSCHOICETAPPEDORUNTAPPEDCAVEDRAKESAYSATTACKERCHOOSESDEFENDINGCHARACTERSANDTHERULESONASSIGNINGSTRIKESSAYUNLESSTHEATTACKSTATESOTHERWISEASCAVEDRAKEDOESTHEDEFENDERCHOOSESWHICHUNTAPPEDCHARACTERSWILLBETHETARGETSOFGIVENSTRIKESTHENTHEATTACKERCHOOSESWHICHOTHERDEFENDINGCHARACTERSNOTYETASSIGNEDASTRIKEWILLBETHETARGETOFANYREMAININGUNASSIGNEDSTRIKESSOTHEATTACKMAYCHOOSEATAPPEDCHARACTERIBELIEVETHEQUESTIONERMAYHAVECONFUSIONBECAUSETHEDEFENDERCHOOSESUNTAPPEDCHARACTERSWHILETHEATTACKERHASNOSUCHREQUIREMENTWHENTHEYGETTOCHOOSEIJUSTSTARTEDPLAYINGANDIDONTUNDERSTANDTHERULESCANYOUEXPLAINTHEMTOMEISUGGESTREADINGTHESTARTERRULESINTHEMETWUNLIMITEDRULESBOOKIGNORINGTHEBOXEDSECTIONSASTHERULESSUGGESTIFYOUHAVEITREADTHROUGHTHESAMPLEGAMEINTHEGANDALFANDSARUMANSTARTERSETORREADTHROUGHTHEEXAMPLEOFPLAYONPAGE13OFTHEMELECOMPANIONBOOKIFYOUDONOTHAVETHESEBOOKSPLEASEASKAMORESPECIFICQUESTIONANDIWILLHELPCANIPLAYAWIZARDSRINGATMINASTIRITHWITHTHEWHITETREEPLAYEDONITWIZARDSRINGSAYSPLAYABLEONLYATAHAVENTHEWHITETREESAYSMINASTIRITHBECOMESAHAVENFORPURPOSESOFHEALINGANDPLAYINGHAZARDSWIZARDSRINGISARESOURCENOTAHAZARDANDITISNOTHEALINGTHEWHITETREEDOESNOTMAKEMINASTIRITHAHAVENFORPURPOSESOFPLAYINGRESOURCESORITEMSORWIZARDSRINGTHEINTRODUCTIONTOTHECRFEXPLAINSTHISTHEMAINTHINGTOREMEMBERWHENMAKINGRULINGSBASEDONTHERULESANDTHECARDSISTHATIFITISNTTHERETHENITISNTTHEREIFACARDSAYSASITECOUNTSASAHAVENFORPURPOSESOFHEALINGTHATDOESNOTMEANTHESITECOUNTSASAHAVENFORANYOTHERPURPOSESIFACARDSAYSITCANBEPLAYEDASARESOURCETHATDOESNOTMEANITCOUNTSASARESOURCEATANYTIMEEXCEPTWHENITISBEINGPLAYEDREMEMBERIFITISNTTHEREITISNTTHEREIFIMOVEWHILEASNOWSTORMISOUTCANMYOPPONENTPLAYHAZARDSONMECANHEKEYCREATURESTOMYSITEOFORIGINYESTHEOPPONENTCANPLAYCERTAINHAZARDSONYOUNOHECANNOTKEYCREATURESTOYOURSITEOFORIGINSHORTEXPLANATIONSNOWSTORMSEFFECTUSESTHETIMINGGIVENINANNOTATION5MEANINGTHATTHERETURNTOORIGINEFFECTISNOTIMMEDIATELYIMPLEMENTEDBUTITISDECLAREDANDTHENRESOLVEDINACHAINOFEFFECTSWHICHMEANSTHATHAZARDSANDRESOURCESCANBEPLAYEDINRESPONSEBUTNOCREATURESATTACKSORCORRUPTIONCARDSASTHEYCANNOTBEPLAYEDINRESPONSESEEANNOTATION71ANDTHEERRATAUNDERCORRUPTIONINTHECRFTHEOPPONENTCANNOTKEYACREATURETOYOURSITEOFORIGINFOR9REASONS7CREATURESMUSTBEDECLAREDFIRSTINACHAINOFEFFECTSBUTSNOWSTORMISALREADYDECLAREDFIRSTPERANNOTATION58AFTERSNOWSTORMRESOLVESTHENNOMOREHAZARDSCANBEPLAYEDSEEMETWMELEAPPENDIXFULLTURNSUMMARYSTEP0AND9THERULESONKEYINGCREATURESONP08OFMETWDONOTALLOWKEYINGTOTHESITEOFORIGINLONGEXPLANATIONSNOWSTORMHASTHEEFFECTEACHMOVINGCOMPANYWITHAWILDERNESSINITSSITEPATHMUSTRETURNTOITSSITEOFORIGINTHEGAMEMECHANICTHATEMBODIESTHISEFFECTISTHEACTIONOFREMOVINGPICKINGUPTHECOMPANYSSITEOFORIGINCARDANDANYREGIONCARDSANDRETURNINGTHEMTOTHELOCATIONDECKORDISCARDINGTHECARDIFITISATAPPEDNONHAVENSITETHISISEXPLAINEDONPAGE25OFTHEMETWRULESWHEREITSTATESIFTHECOMPANYHASBEENREQUIREDTORETURNTOITSSITEOFORIGINRETURNTHENEWSITECARDTOTHELOCATIONDECKORDISCARDIFITISTAPPEDANDPROCEEDTOSTEP2THESITEOFORIGINBECOMESITSCURRENTSITENOADDITIONALHAZARDSMAYBEPLAYEDONTHATCOMPANYNOTICEINSTEP0OFTHEMHPHASETHATNOHAZARDSMAYBEPLAYEDONCETHECOMPANYISREQUIREDTORETURNTOTHEIRSITEOFORIGINHOWEVERTHEEFFECTOFSNOWSTORMDOESNOTTAKEEFFECTIMMEDIATELYBECAUSEITINVOLVESTHEACTIONOFTHEPLAYERPHYSICALLYPICKINGUPTHESITEOFORIGINCARDANDMOVINGITSOMEWHEREELSETHEREISATIMINGRULEFORSUCHACTIONSANNOTATION5IFACARDSPECIFIESTHATANACTIONISTOOCCURASARESULTOFSOMESPECIFICPASSIVECONDITIONTHISACTIONBECOMESAUTOMATICALLYTHEFIRSTACTIONDECLAREDINTHECHAINOFEFFECTSTOIMMEDIATELYFOLLOWTHECHAINOFEFFECTSPRODUCINGTHEPASSIVECONDITIONTHEPASSIVECONDITIONMUSTEXISTWHENTHISRESULTINGACTIONISRESOLVEDINITSOWNCHAINOFEFFECTSORTHEACTIONISCANCELEDNOTETHATACTIONSINTHESTRIKESEQUENCEFOLLOWADIFFERENTSETOFRULESSNOWSTORMSPECIFIESTHATTHERETURNTOORIGINACTIONASITECARDPICKINGUPACTIONOCCURSASARESULTOFSOMESPECIFICPASSIVECONDITIONAMOVINGCOMPANYWITHWILDERNESSINITSSITEPATHTHISISCALLEDAPASSIVECONDITIONBECAUSETHEPLAYERDOESNOTACTIVELYPERFORMANACTIONTHATGIVESACOMPANYWILDERNESSINTHEIRSITEPATHMEANINGTHEPLAYERDOESNOTPLAYAWILDERNESSREGIONSPECIFICALLYTOACTIVATETHEEFFECTOFSNOWSTORMONTHEIROWNCOMPANYINSTEADTHEYPLAYAREGIONCARDORASITECARDINSTARTERMOVEMENTWITHWILDERNESSONITINTHEORGANIZATIONPHASEANDONLYLATERONINTHEMHPHASEISTHISSITEREGIONCARDPASSIVELYREVEALEDTHROUGHTHENORMALMOVEMENTHAZARDPHASERULESATSTEP7WITHOUTANYACTIVEDECISIONBYTHEPLAYERATTHATPOINTTHISSITUATIONISPASSIVEINTHESENSETHATTHEACTIONOFREVEALINGTHEREGIONCARDWITHAWILDERNESSTYPECAMEINTOPLAYTHROUGHAMECHANISMOFTHEGAMEINDIRECTLYASARESULTOFTHEEARLIERDECISIONTOPLAYTHATREGIONCARDINTHEORGANIZATIONPHASEPASSIVEISDIFFERENTFROMACTIVEASINACTIVECONDITIONINTHATTHEPLAYERACTIVELYINVOKESANACTIVECONDITIONTAPPINGASCOUTTOPLAYCONCEALMENTTAPPINGANDDISCARDINGADUNAPHELPLAYINGAVILYACARDFROMYOURHANDONELRONDTOSATISFYTHECONDITIONELRONDONLYWHENACONDITIONONACARDEGIFEACHALLHASCONDITIONSWHICHTHEPLAYERDOESNOTACTIVELYINVOKEBUTWHICHHAPPENPASSIVELYSIMPLYASARESULTOFPLAYINGTHEGAMETHERULESONPASSIVECONDITIONSAPPLYANNOTATION5AND76THISMEANSTHATTHERETURNTOORIGINACTIONDOESNOTHAPPENIMMEDIATELYBUTINSTEADITISDECLAREDANDTHENLATERRESOLVEDAFTERALLINTERVENINGACTIONSHAVEBEENDECLAREDANDRESOLVELASTINFIRSTOUTINACHAINOFEFFECTSIFYOUWANTTOKNOWWHYANNOTATION5ADOESNOTAPPLYWELLIWOULDNOTSAYTHATADISCARDINGATAPPEDSITEHASAPASSIVECONDITIONTHATTRIGGEREDITBUTALSORECOGNIZETHATANNOTATION5AISATIMINGRULETHERULESONPASSIVECONDITIONSARETIMINGRULESANDTHERULESONTHEMOVEMENTHAZARDPHASEALREADYSPECIFICALLYCOVERTHETIMINGOFTHISACTIONINSTEP0SPECIFICITYMATTERSSEEMYLECTUREONTHESOURCESANDORIGINATIONOFACTIVEANDPASSIVECONDITIONSNEXTWEEKTHELECTURESONTHETERMKEYUSEDINOTHERICEPRODUCTSAREBEINGDELAYEDUNTILNEXTSEMESTERANDTOREPEATTHERULESONKEYINGCREATURESONP08OFMETWDONOTALLOWKEYINGTOTHESITEOFORIGINATALLWHENAREYOUGOINGTOERRATAEOMERTOMAKEHIMLIKEHEWASINTHEBOOKSTHEDESIGNERSGAVEEOMERMANYATTRIBUTESTHATMAKEHIMLIKEHEWASINTHEBOOKFORINSTANCEEOMERWASAGREATWARRIOROFROHANWHOPATROLLEDANDDEFENDEDTHEMARCHESANDACHIEVEDVICTORYATTHEPELENNORFORTHISHEWASGIVENTHERANGERSKILLREFLECTINGHISPATROLOFTHEMARCHESANDTHEWARRIORSKILLREFLECTINGHISSKILLINBATTLEINTHEBOOKSHEWASALSOALEADEROFTHEROHIRRIMANDKINGANDSOHEISGIVEN8DIRECTINFLUENCEAGAINSTTHERIDERSOFROHANFACTIONHOWEVERTHEDESIGNERSHADTHEJOBOFCREATINGCOMPELLINGGAMEPLAYWITHMEANINGFULDECISIONSBASEDONAVARIETYOFSTRATEGIESWITHCOMPETINGINTERESTSINORDERTODOTHISTHERENEEDEDTOBECHARACTERSHAVINGAVARIETYOFMINDPROWESSANDBODYATTRIBUTESANDSOWHILEEOMERHASMANYATTRIBUTESTHATREFLECTHISCHARACTERINTHEBOOKHEMAYNOTHAVEASHIGHOFPROWESSORMINDASSOMEPLAYERSMIGHTLIKEGIVENTHECONSTRAINTSOFDESIGNINGINTERESTINGGAMEPLAYCANIPLAYREBUILDTHETOWNBEFORETHEAUTOMATICATTACKHASBEENFACEDNOFIRSTREBUILDTHETOWNHASERRATACARDERRATUMREPLACEPLAYABLEONWITHPLAYABLEDURINGTHESITEPHASEONSECONDITCANNOTBEPLAYEDINTHESITEPHASEBEFORETHEAUTOMATICATTACKHASBEENFACEDINMETWANDMELEFULLPLAYERTURNSUMMARIESTHESITEPHASEISAPROCEDUREWITHASERIESOFSTEPSSUMMARIZEDDONOTHINGOR7DECIDETOENTER8ANYAUTOMATICATTACKSATTACKTHECOMPANY9ATTEMPTTOPLAYONEITEMALLYORFACTIONTHEREISACLARIFICATIONONTHESESITEPHASERULESINTHECRFACOMPANYMAYNOTPLAYANYRESOURCEDURINGTHESITEPHASEUNTILTHEYHAVEFACEDALLAUTOMATICATTACKSUNLESSTHATRESOURCEDIRECTLYAFFECTSANAUTOMATICATTACKREMOVINGANAUTOMATICATTACKDOESNOTDIRECTLYAFFECTITALTHOUGHCANCELLINGDOESREBUILDTHETOWNISACARDTHATREMOVESANAUTOMATICATTACKANDCANNOTBEPLAYEDTHEREMIGHTBECONFUSIONBECAUSETHECOMPANYDOESNOTPLAYREBUILDTHETOWNTHISCONFUSIONWASADDRESSEDBYICEINTHEIRRULINGSSAYINGTHATTHEPLAYERMAYNOTPLAYANYTHINGNOTJUSTTHECOMPANYANDITWASALSOADDRESSEDINTHECHALLENGEDECKRULESBOLDORIGINALINORDERTODOANYTHINGDURINGTHESITEPHASEYOUMUSTFIRSTENTERTHESITEANDTHENFACEANYANDALLAUTOMATICATTACKSLISTEDONTHESITECARDSOMEPEOPLEMIGHTSTILLCOMPLAINABOUTTHISBUTSEEMEAFTERCLASSIFTWOPEOPLEAREPLAYINGAFALLENWIZARDINAGENERALOPPONENTTOURNAMENTWHODECLARESWHICHFALLENWIZARDTHEYAREPLAYINGFIRSTTHERULESDONTCOVERTHISANDITDOESNTMATTERBECAUSEBOTHPLAYERSMAYBOTHDECLARETHESAMEFALLENWIZARDWHATHAPPENSIFITAPPOWERBUILTBYWAITINGANDTHENMYOPPONENTPLAYSMARVELSTOLDONITTHISSEEMSLIKEATIMINGQUESTIONANDITSLIKELYTHATTHETIMINGDOESNTACTUALLYMATTERINTHEQUESTIONMARVELSTOLDWASDECLAREDAFTERPOWERBUILTBYWAITINGANDSOITRESOLVESBEFOREPOWERBUILTBYWAITINGMEANINGTHATTHEHAZARDLIMITINCREASINGEFFECTOFPOWERBUILTBYWAITINGNEVERRESOLVESHOWEVEREVENIFTHEEFFECTOFPOWERBUILTBYWAITINGDIDRESOLVEANDTHEHAZARDLIMITINCREASEDMARVELSTOLDCOULDSTILLBEPLAYEDLATERTODISCARDPBBWANDHAVEITSEFFECTOFINCREASINGTHEHAZARDLIMITLEAVEPLAYTHISISBECAUSETHEEFFECTSOFACARDLEAVEPLAYWHENTHECARDLEAVESPLAYTHISISWHATINPLAYMEANSBUTITISALSOCLARIFIEDINTHECRFUNDERTHETERMDISCARDIFACARDLEAVESACTIVEPLAYINCLUDINGBEINGRETURNEDTOAPLAYERSHANDITIMMEDIATELYCEASESHAVINGANEFFECTONPLAYSOIFTHEHAZARDPLAYERINCREASEDTHEHAZARDLIMITBY7USINGPBBWANDTHENDECLAREDAHAZARDTHATRELIEDONTHATINCREASEDHAZARDLIMITTHERESOURCEPLAYERCOULDPLAYMARVELSTOLDINRESPONSETOTHATHAZARDTARGETINGPBBWCAUSINGPBBWTOBEDISCARDEDBEFORETHEHAZARDRESOLVESIMMEDIATELYREMOVINGTHEHAZARDLIMITINCREASINGEFFECTOFPBBWANDTHEREFOREIMMEDIATELYREMOVINGACONDITIONTHEHAZARDLIMITISACONDITIONFORTHATHAZARDCARDTOBEPLAYEDDECLAREDANDORRESOLVEDTHEREBYNEGATINGRESOLUTIONOFTHEHAZARDITISDISCARDEDANDHASNOEFFECTIMNEVERBUYINGMECCGAGAINIBOUGHTABOOSTERPACKANDTHEREWASNORARECARDINITTHENETREPISHERETOANSWERRULESQUESTIONSFORQUESTIONSABOUTPRODUCTSPLEASECONTACTICEATMETWICEAOLCOMORVIASNAILMAILTOTHEIRPOBOXADDRESSIRONCROWNENTERPRISESINCPOBOX7261CHARLOTTESVILLECA88568USAFORTHEBALROGOFMORIADOESTHE8PROWESSBONUSIFGALADRIELISINLORIENAPPLYTOITSELFTHEREAREAFEWPOINTSOFCONFUSION7THEBALROGOFMORIAEFFECTTOGIVE8PROWESSTOATTACKSISINASEPARATESENTENCEFROMTHEEFFECTTHATDEPENDSONWHETHERGALADRIELISATLORIENWHICHMAKESLORIENAFREEHOLD8THEEFFECTTHATDEPENDSONGALADRIELSPRESENCECOMESINTOPLAYWHENSHEISNOTATLORIENORNOTINPLAYNOTWHENSHEISATLORIEN9THE8PROWESSBONUSAPPLIESTOALLAUTOMATICATTACKSATSITESINREDHORNGATEMORIAISINREDHORNGATEANDTHEBALROGOFMORIACREATESANAUTOMATICATTACKSOITDOESGETTHE8PROWESSBONUSIWASATTACKEDINCOMPANYVSCOMPANYCOMBATMYOPPONENTPLAYEDORCQUARELLSTOCANCELTHEATTACKBUTISAIDHECOULDNTBECAUSEIHADATWOHEADEDTROLLINTHECOMPANYWHOISRIGHTORCQUARRELSCANNOTBEUSEDTOCANCELANATTACKBYACOMPANYWITHATWOHEADEDTROLLIMASSUMINGTHATEITHERYOUANDORYOUROPPONENTAREAFALLENWIZARDORTHATTHEREISSOMEEFFECTINPLAYALLOWINGFORCVCCBETWEENTWOMINIONCOMPANIESPRONETOVIOLENCEORTHATYOUAREAHEROPLAYERWHOACTUALLYPLAYEDDARKQUARRELSANDNOTTHEMINIONRESOURCEORCQUARRELSIMALSOGOINGTOASSUMETHATYOUWERETHEONEATTACKINGEVENTHOUGHYOUSAIDTHATYOUWEREATTACKEDBECAUSEWHYWOULDYOUCANCELYOUROWNATTACKANDEVENIFYOUWANTEDTOYOUCANNOTCANCELYOUROWNCVCCATTACKSINCEONLYTHEDEFENDINGCOMPANYISCONSIDEREDTOBEFACINGANATTACKSEEMELEP46ANDMEBAP74ANDTHECRFUNDERTURNSEQUENCESITEPHASECVCCASFORTHEQUESTIONTWOHEADEDTROLLISNOTATROLLBECAUSEITDOESNOTHAVETHETROLLKEYWORDNORDOESITHAVETHETROLLCARDTYPEANDTHECVCCRULESMELEP47STATECERTAINCARDSANDABILITIESONLYCANCELATTACKSWITHSPECIFICRACETYPESSUCHACARDCANBEUSEDTOCANCELANATTACKFROMACOMPANYONLYIFEACHCHARACTERINTHECOMPANYHASONEOFTHERACETYPESTHATTHECARDCANCANCELTWOHEADEDTROLLISANALLYNOTACHARACTERHOWEVERANALLYCOUNTSASACHARACTERFORCOMBATPURPOSESMELEP08STATEANALLYDOESNOTCOUNTASACHARACTERFORANYPURPOSESOTHERTHANCOMBATANDTHEUSEOFCERTAINSKILLSCANCELINGANATTACKISANACTIONWITHACOMBATPURPOSETHEREFORETWOHEADEDTROLLISACHARACTERANDSPECIFICALLYANONORCTROLLMANCHARACTERFORPURPOSESOFDETERMININGWHETHERORCQUARRELSCANCANCELTHEATTACKIFYOUWANTWECANPLAYMECCGARCHEOLOGYANDREVIEWTHEMETWLIMITEDCARDSPREUNLIMITEDERRATAANDSEEWHYMAYBEINTHEORIGINALGAMETHETITLEOFTHECARDWASTHOUGHTTOCOUNTFORPURPOSESOFIDENTIFYINGCHARACTERISTICSOFTHECARDSUCHTHATTWOHEADEDTROLLWOULDBECONSIDEREDATROLLBUTTHISTIMEWASLONGPASTWHENMELECAMEAROUNDCANIGETATWILIGHTFROMMYDISCARDPILEWITHSMOKERINGSIFIPLAYEDITASARESOURCENOBUTFIRSTLETSALLRECOGNIZETHEREISNOSUCHTHINGASTHEGAMEHASNOMEMORYORCARDSDONOTREMEMBERHOWTHEYWEREPLAYEDTHISISSOMETHINGICHABODMADEUPANDTHEREISNOBASISINTHERULESFORITANDITHASCAUSEDCONFUSIONINOTHERPLACESIHAVENOIDEAWHYITGETSREPEATEDBECAUSEITCAUSESCONFUSIONANDINCORRECTCONCLUSIONSINOTHERSITUATIONSINSTEADOFTHEREBEINGNOMEMORYTHEREASONWHYTWILIGHTCANNOTBEAFFECTEDBYSMOKERINGSISBECAUSESMOKERINGSWORKSWITHRESOURCEORCHARACTERCARDSANDTWILIGHTISNEITHERITISAHAZARDCARDITHASASTEELGRAYBACKGROUNDFRAMEANDJUSTBECAUSEITISAHAZARDCARDTHATCANBEPLAYEDASARESOURCEDOESNOTMEANTHATITCOUNTSASARESOURCEUNLESSITISBEINGPLAYEDPLAYEDFROMHANDSUCHTHATITISDECLAREDANDRESOLVEDINACHAINOFEFFECTSSEETHEPOINTABOUTTHECRFINTRODUCTIONABOVEIFIPLAYDARKTRYSTINRESPONSETOAHAZARDCANIUSEONEOFTHECARDSIDRAWTOCANCELTHEHAZARDNOBECAUSEWHENDARKTRYSTISPLAYEDINRESPONSETOSOMEOTHERCARDTHEEFFECTSOFTHATOTHERCARDANDANYOTHERINTERVENINGCARDSINTHECHAINOFEFFECTSWILLRESOLVEBEFORETHEPLAYERHASACHANCETODECLAREANYNEWACTIONSLIKEPLAYINGONEOFTHECARDSTHATTHEYJUSTDREWUSINGDARKTRYSTTHETIMINGRULESWORKTHISWAYBECAUSETHERULESONACTIONSANDCARDPLAYMELEP16ALSOINMETWSTATETHEACTIONSINACHAINOFEFFECTSARERESOLVEDONEATATIMEFROMLASTDECLAREDTOFIRSTDECLAREDIETHELASTDECLAREDACTIONISRESOLVEDFIRSTTHENTHESECONDTOTHELASTETCSOWHENACTIONSINCLUDINGTHEACTIONOFPLAYINGDARKTRYSTANDTHEACTIOOFPLAYINGTHEOTHERCARDAREDECLAREDTHESEDECLAREDACTIONSAREALLRESOLVEDINORDERWITHOUTANYPOSSIBILITYOFDECLARINGNEWEFFECTSBETWEENACTIONSANDCARDPLAYISTHEBESTSECTIONOFTHERULESYOUSHOULDREADITAGAINTWICEITANSWERSSOMANYQUESTIONSWHENISTHEBALROGCOMINGOUTASOFAUGUST7554THEBALROGISEXPECTEDTOCOMEOUTINOCTOBERHOWEVERABALROGISNEVERLATEHEARRIVESPRECISELYWHENHEMEANSTOTHEBALROGWASEXPECTEDTOBERELEASEDINJUNEBUTICECHANGEDTHEPACKAGINGFROMBOOSTERPACKSTOAPAIROFFIXEDDECKSANDTHEREWEREOTHERDELAYSMAYBERELATEDTOTHEIRCHANGEINDISTRIBUTIONSCHEMESIDONTKNOWSUPPOSEDLYITWENTTOTHEPRINTERSINMAYITHINKIHEARDTHEREWEREPRINTISSUESINPREPRODUCTIONTHEREWEREALSOPRINTISSUESWHENITWASRELEASEDLATERITWASSAIDTOBEDELAYEDUNTILSEPTEMBEROROCTOBERANDITWILLNOTBEPLAYABLEATNATIONALSANYWAYANDMOREDELAYSITWASPUSHEDBACKTO8NDOR9RDWEEKOFOCTOBERBUTTHENIDONTTHINKITWASRELEASEDUNTILNOVEMBER7554IFIMARVELSTOLDACORRUPTIONCARDDOIHAVETOMAKETHECORRUPTIONCHECKBEFOREORAFTERTHECORRUPTIONCARDISREMOVEDTHECORRUPTIONCARDISDISCARDEDFIRSTBECAUSEONTHEMARVELSTOLDCARDTHEEFFECTOFDISCARDINGTHEHAZARDEVENTISLISTEDWRITTENBEFORETHEEFFECTOFTHECHARACTERMAKINGACORRUPTIONCHECKANNOTATION80TELLSUSIFACARDSPECIFIESTHATMORETHANONEACTIONOCCURSWHENTHECARDITSELFISRESOLVEDINACHAINOFEFFECTSALLOFTHESEACTIONSARETOBERESOLVEDINTHECARDSCHAINOFEFFECTSUNINTERRUPTEDANDINTHEORDERLISTEDONTHECARDNOACTIONSMAYBEDECLAREDTOOCCURBETWEENTHESEMULTIPLEACTIONSTHEACTIONSLISTEDONTHECARDARECONSIDEREDTOHAVEBEENDECLAREDINTHEREVERSEORDERASTHEYAREPRINTEDTHECRFSAYSACHARACTERCANTAPTOTAKEACORRUPTIONCARDOFFOFANOTHERCHARACTERWHYISNTTHISERRATATOTHERULESNICETRYTHECRFDOESNOTSAYTHATACHARACTERCANTAPTOTAKEACORRUPTIONCARDOFFOFANOTHERCHARACTERBUTFOREMOSTTHERESEEMSTOBECONFUSIONABOUTWHATTHECRFISANDHOWITWORKSTHEINTRODUCTIONTOTHECRFSPECIFICALLYSTATESSOMEOFTHESECLARIFICATIONSARECONSIDEREDERRATATOTHERULESORCARDSANDARENOTEDASSUCHTHETURNSEQUENCEANDRULINGSBYTERMSECTIONSARESPECIFICALLYCONSIDEREDCLARIFICATIONSTOTHERULESANDARETHEREFOREOVERRIDDENBYCARDTEXTTHATSPECIFICALLYDOESSOTHECRFRULINGWEREAREDISCUSSINGISJUSTSUCHARULINGTHECRFONCORRUPTIONACTUALLYSTATESACHARACTERATTEMPTINGTOREMOVEACORRUPTIONCARDONANOTHERCHARACTERMAYIGNORETHETAPPINGREQUIREMENTANDRECEIVE9TOTHEROLLTHISCLARIFICATIONDISCUSSESHOWTOHANDLETHESITUATIONOFACHARACTERREMOVINGACORRUPTIONCARDONANOTHERCHARACTERLIKEWITHPALEDREAMMAKERNOTCREATINGANEWALLOWANCETODOSOTHISISACLARIFICATIONTOTHEDRAGONSRULEONREMOVINGCORRUPTIONANDTHESAMERULEINTHECOUNCILOFLORIENPOLICYANDITAPPLIESINSITUATIONSWHEREACARDEFFECTALREADYALLOWSSOMEOTHERCHARACTERTOTAPTOATTEMPTTOREMOVETHECORRUPTIONCARDIFIUSESTARTERMOVEMENTFROMLORIENTORIVENDELLCANACAVEWYRMBEPLAYEDONMENOTHEREISACARDCALLEDCAVEWORMBUTTHEREISNOCARDCAVEWYRMCAVEWORMSTATESTHATISPLAYABLEKEYEDTOABUNCHOFREGIONSNONEOFWHICHAREWOLDANDFOOTHILLSTHEREGIONWHICHLORIENISINORRHUDAURTHEREGIONWHICHRIVENDELLISINSONOTHINGONTHECARDALLOWSITTOBEPLAYEDALSOTHERULESONKEYINGCREATURESMETWP08STATEAMONGOTHEROPTIONSTHECOMPANYSSITEOFORIGINORNEWSITEISINAREGIONWHERETHECREATURESCARDTEXTSAYSITCANBEPLAYEDTHISRULEDOESNOTALLOWCAVEWORMTOBEPLAYEDANDNONEOFTHEOTHERRULESAREEVENCLOSETOTHISSITUATIONIFYOUWERETHENETREPHOWWOULDYOUDOTHEJOBIWOULDRECOGNIZEMYPOSITIONASMEREBEAREROFTHERULESANDIWOULDEMAILMYPALSMIKEANDCOLEMANWHENTHEREWASAREALDEBATETOSEEHOWTHERULESWORKIWOULDDELETEEVERYTHINGINTHECRFEXCEPTTHEERRATAANDCLARIFICATIONSTHATCHANGEDHOWTHEGAMEISPLAYEDANDINSTEADIWOULDPOINTTOWHICHRULEALREADYANSWERSTHEQUESTIONANDTHENIWOULDISSUEABUNCHOFJUNKRULINGSFAVORINGALLOFTHECARDSWITHTOMBOMBADILORSHAGRATINTHECARDARTTOGIVEADVANTAGESTOMYOWNCRAPDECKS
----------

From: ich...@spamblock.cstone.net (Craig Ichabod O'Brien)
Subject: [MECCG] Looking for New Netrep
Date: 1998/08/27

Hey y'all,

For all y'all out there who think you can do this job better than me, here's your chance to prove it. :)

1. The CRF says that the hoard goes away immediately (under Rulings by Term) if a Dragon manifestation is defeated, and that it goes away at the end of the turn (under Complete Errata Listing). Which is correct?

The errata is correct. The ruling by term is outdated. The Errata was issued on 29 June 1998 and it states: “Dragon Rules, Hoards: Change "Each site with a Dragon automatic-attack (i.e., each Dragon's Lair) contains a hoard" to "Each site which had a Dragon automatic-attack at the beginning of the turn contains a hoard."” The clarification in the Rulings by Term debuted in CRF 9 dated 5 December 1997. There are a few earlier underlying rulings in 1997. Nothing earlier from the usenet that I can find quickly but this ruling is supported by the text of The Dragons rules.

2. What regions does No Escape From My Magic apply to if I play it on Snaga-hai?

None. There is errata: No Escape From My Magic: Change "Playable on any faction in play" to "Playable on any unique faction in play.". The Snaga-hai faction is not a unique faction. No Escape From My Magic is not playable on Snaga-Hai.

3. Can I assign a strike from Cave Drake to an tapped character?

Yes, to a character or ally of the attacker’s choice, tapped or untapped. Cave-drake says: “attacker chooses defending characters” and the rules on assigning strikes say: “Unless the attack states otherwise [(as cave-drake does)], the defender chooses which untapped characters will be the targets of given strikes. Then, the attacker chooses which other defending characters not yet assigned a strike will be the target of any remaining unassigned strikes.” So the attack may choose a tapped character. I believe the questioner may have confusion because the defender chooses untapped characters while the attacker has no such requirement when they get to choose.

4. I just started playing, and I don't understand the rules. Can you explain them to me?

I suggest reading the Starter rules in the METW unlimited rulesbook, ignoring the boxed sections as the rules suggest. If you have it, read through the sample game in the Gandalf and Saruman Starter Set or read through the Example of Play on page 57 of the MELE Companion book. If you do not have these books, please ask a more specific question and I will help.

5. Can I play a Wizard's Ring at Minas Tirith with the White Tree played on it?

Wizard’s Ring says “playable only at a haven.” The White Tree says “Minas Tirith becomes a Haven for purposes of healing and playing hazards.” Wizard’s Ring is a resource, not a hazard, and it is not “healing.” The White Tree does not make Minas Tirith a haven for purposes of playing resources or items or Wizard’s Ring. The introduction to the CRF explains this: The main thing to remember, when making rulings based on the rules and the cards, is that if it isn't there, then it isn't there. If a card says a site counts as a Haven for purposes of healing, that does not mean the site counts as a Haven for any other purposes. If a card says it can be played as a resource, that does not mean it counts as a resource at any time except when it is being played. Remember: If it isn't there, it isn't there.

6. If I move while a Snowstorm is out, can my opponent play hazards on me? Can he key creatures to my site of origin?

Yes, the opponent can play (certain) hazards on you. No he cannot key creatures to your site of origin.
Short ;-) explanation: Snowstorm’s effect uses the timing given in Annotation 9 meaning that the return to origin effect is not immediately implemented but it is declared and then resolved in a chain of effects, which means that hazards (and resources) can be played in response (but no creatures, attacks, or corruption cards as they cannot be played in response; see Annotation 15 and the errata under “corruption” in the CRF). The opponent cannot key a creature to your site of origin for 3 reasons: (1) creatures must be declared first in a chain of effects but Snowstorm is already declared first per annotation 9, (2) after snowstorm resolves then no more hazards can be played (see METW/MELE Appendix, Full Turn Summary, Step 4), and (3) the rules on keying creatures on p. 42 of METW do not allow keying to the site of origin.
Long explanation: Snowstorm has the effect “each moving company with a Wilderness in its site path must return to its site of origin.” The game mechanic that embodies this effect is the action of removing (picking up) the company’s site of origin card and any region cards and returning them to the location deck (or discarding the card if it is a tapped non-haven site). This is explained on page 69 of the METW rules where it states “If the company has been required to return to its site of origin, return the new site card to the location deck (or discard if it is tapped) and proceed to step 6 (the site of origin becomes its current site). No additional hazards may be played on that company.” Notice in Step 4 of the M/H phase that no hazards may be played once the company is required to return to their site of origin. However, the effect of Snowstorm does not take effect immediately because it involves the action of the player physically picking up the site of origin card and moving it somewhere else. There is a timing rule for such actions: Annotation 9: If a card specifies that an action is to occur as a result of some specific passive condition, this action becomes automatically the first action declared in the chain of effects to immediately follow the chain of effects producing the passive condition. The passive condition must exist when this resulting action is resolved in its own chain of effects, or the action is canceled. Note that actions in the strike sequence follow a different set of rules. Snowstorm specifies that the return to origin action (a site-card-picking-up action) occurs as a result of some specific passive condition: a moving company with Wilderness in its site path. This is called a “passive condition” because the player does not actively perform an action that gives a company wilderness in their site path. Meaning, the player does not play a wilderness region specifically to activate the effect of snowstorm on their own company. Instead they play a region card (or a site card in starter movement) with wilderness on it in the organization phase, and only later on in the M/H phase is this site/region card passively revealed through the normal movement/hazard phase rules at Step 1 without any “active” decision by the player at that point. This situation is “passive” in the sense that the action of revealing the region card with a wilderness type came into play through a mechanism of the game indirectly as a result of the earlier decision to play that region card in the organization phase. Passive is different from active (as in active condition) in that the player actively invokes an active condition (tapping a Scout to play Concealment, tapping and discarding Adunaphel, playing a Vilya card from your hand on Elrond to satisfy the condition Elrond only). When a condition on a card (e.g., “if, each, all ____”) has conditions which the player does not actively invoke but which happen (passively) simply as a result of playing the game, the rules on passive conditions apply (annotation 9 and 10). This means that the return to origin action does not happen immediately but instead it is declared and then later resolved after all intervening actions have been declared and resolve (last in, first out, in a chain of effects).
If you want to know why Annotation 9a does not apply, well, I would not say that a discarding a tapped site has a passive condition that triggered it, but also recognize that Annotation 9a is a timing rule (the rules on passive conditions are timing rules) and the rules on the Movement/Hazard phase already specifically cover the timing of this action in Step 4. Specificity matters.
See my lecture on the sources and origination of active and passive conditions next week. The lectures on the term “key” used in other ICE products are being delayed until next semester.
And to repeat, the rules on keying creatures on p. 42 of METW do not allow keying to the site of origin at all.

7. When are you going to errata Eomer to make him like he was in the books?

The designers gave Eomer many attributes that make him like he was in the book. For instance, Eomer was a great warrior of Rohan who patrolled and defended the marches and achieved victory at the Pelennor. For this he was given the Ranger skill (reflecting his patrol of the marches) and the Warrior skill (reflecting his skill in battle). In the books he was also a leader of the Rohirrim and king, and so he is given +2 direct influence against the Riders of Rohan faction. However, the Designers had the job of creating compelling gameplay with meaningful decisions based on a variety of strategies with competing interests. In order to do this there needed to be characters having a variety of mind, prowess, and body attributes and so while Eomer has many attributes that reflect his character in the book, he may not have as high of prowess (or mind) as some players might like given the constraints of designing interesting gameplay.

8. Can I play Rebuild the Town before the automatic-attack has been faced?

No. First, Rebuild the Town has errata: Card Erratum: Replace "Playable on" with "Playable during the site phase on." Second, it cannot be played in the site phase before the automatic-attack has been faced. In METW and MELE Full Player Turn Summaries, the site phase is a procedure with a series of steps (summarized): Do nothing OR (1) decide to enter, (2) any automatic-attacks attack the company, (3) attempt to play one item, ally, or faction. There is a clarification on these Site phase rules in the CRF: A company may not play any resource during the site phase until they have faced all automatic-attacks, unless that resource directly affects an automatic-attack. Removing an automatic-attack does not directly affect it, although cancelling does. Rebuild the Town is a card that removes an automatic attack and cannot be played. There might be confusion because the “company” does not play Rebuild the Town. This confusion was addressed by ICE in their rulings (saying that the player may not play anything, not just the “company”) and it was also addressed in the Challenge Deck rules (bold original): “in order to do anything during the site phase, you must first enter the site and then face any and all automatic-attacks listed on the site card.” Some people might still complain about this but see me after class.

9. If two people are playing a Fallen-wizard in a general opponent tournament, who declares which Fallen-wizard they are playing first?

The rules don’t cover this and it doesn’t matter because both players may both declare the same Fallen-wizard.

10. What happens if I tap Power Built by Waiting, and then my opponent plays Marvels Told on it?

This seems like a timing question and it’s likely that the timing doesn’t actually matter. In the question, Marvels Told was declared after Power Built by Waiting and so it resolves before Power Built By Waiting. Meaning that the hazard limit increasing effect of Power Built by Waiting never resolves. However, even if the effect of Power Built by Waiting did resolve and the hazard limit increased, Marvels Told could still be played later to discard PBbW and have its effect of increasing the hazard limit leave play. This is because the effects of a card leave play when the card leaves play. This is what “in play” means but it is also clarified in the CRF under the term “Discard”: If a card leaves active play, including being returned to a player's hand, it immediately ceases having an effect on play. So if the hazard player increased the hazard limit by 1 using PBbW and then declared a hazard that relied on that increased hazard limit, the resource player could play Marvels Told in response to that hazard, targeting PBbW, causing PBbW to be discarded before the hazard resolves, immediately removing the hazard limit increasing effect of PBbW, and therefore immediately removing a condition (the hazard limit is a condition) for that hazard card to be played (declared and/or resolved), thereby negating resolution of the hazard (it is discarded and has no effect).

11. I'm never buying MECCG again. I bought a booster pack, and there was no rare card in it.

The NetRep is here to answer rules questions. For questions about products please contact ICE at metwice@aol.com or via snail mail to their P.O. Box address: Iron Crown Enterprises, Inc. PO Box 1605, Charlottesville, CA 22902, USA.

12. For the Balrog of Moria, does the +2 prowess bonus if Galadriel is in Lorien apply to itself?

There are a few points of confusion. (1) The Balrog of Moria effect to give +2 prowess to attacks is in a separate sentence from the effect that depends on whether Galadriel is at Lorien (which makes Lorien a free-hold). (2) The effect that depends on Galadriel’s presence comes into play when she is NOT at Lorien (or not in play), not when she is at Lorien. (3) The +2 prowess bonus applies to all automatic attacks at sites in Redhorn Gate, Moria is in Redhorn Gate, and the Balrog of Moria creates an automatic attack, so it does get the +2 prowess bonus.

13. I was attacked in company vs. company combat. My opponent played Orc Quarells to cancel the attack, but I said he couldn't because I had a Two-headed Troll in the company. Who is right?

Orc Quarrels cannot be used to cancel an attack by a company with a Two-headed Troll.
I’m assuming that either you and/or your opponent are a fallen-wizard, or that there is some effect in play allowing for CvCC between two minion companies (Prone to Violence), or that you are a hero player who actually played “Dark” Quarrels and not the minion resource Orc Quarrels. I’m also going to assume that you were the one attacking even though you said that you were attacked, because why would you cancel your own attack and even if you wanted to you cannot cancel your own CvCC attack since only the defending company is considered to be facing an attack (see MELE p.80 and MEBA p. 18, and the CRF under Turn Sequence, Site Phase, CvCC).
As for the question, Two-headed Troll is NOT a troll because it does not have the “troll” keyword nor does it have the “troll” card type and the CvCC rules (MELE p. 81) state: “Certain cards and abilities only cancel attacks with specific race types. Such a card can be used to cancel an attack from [a] company only if each character in the company has one of the race types that the card can cancel.” Two-headed Troll is an ally, not a character, however an ally counts as a character for combat purposes (MELE p. 42 state: “An ally does not count as a character for any purposes other than combat and the use of certain skills.”). Canceling an attack is an action with a combat purpose. Therefore, Two-headed troll is a character, and specifically a non-orc/troll/man character for purposes of determining whether Orc Quarrels can cancel the attack.
If you want, we can play MECCG archeology and review the METW Limited cards pre-unlimited-errata and see why maybe in the original game the title of the card was thought to count for purposes of identifying characteristics of the card such that two-headed troll would be considered a troll. But this time was long past when MELE came around.

14. Can I get a Twilight from my discard pile with Smoke Rings if I played it as a resource?

No, but first, let’s all recognize there is no such thing as “the game has no memory” or “cards do not remember how they were played.” This is something Ichabod made up and there is no basis in the rules for it and it has caused confusion in other places. I have no idea why it gets repeated because it causes confusion and incorrect conclusions in other situations.
Instead of there being “no memory”, the reason why Twilight cannot be affected by Smoke Rings is because Smoke Rings works with resource or character cards and Twilight is neither. It is a hazard card (it has a steel gray background/frame). And just because it is a hazard card that can be played as a resource does not mean that it counts as a resource unless it is being “played” (played from hand such that it is declared and resolved in a chain of effects). See the point about the CRF introduction above.

15. If I play Dark Tryst in response to a hazard, can I use one of the cards I draw to cancel the hazard?

No, because when Dark Tryst is played in response to some other card, the effects of that other card and any other intervening cards in the chain of effects will resolve BEFORE the player has a chance to declare any new actions, like playing one of the cards that they just drew using Dark Tryst. The timing rules work this way because the rules on ACTIONS AND CARD PLAY (MELE p. 50, also in METW) state: “The actions in a chain of effects are resolved one at a time from last declared to first declared (i.e., the last declared action is resolved first, then the second to the last, etc.).” So when actions including the action of playing Dark Tryst and the actio of playing the “other card” are declared, these declared actions are all resolved IN ORDER without any possibility of declaring new effects between.
ACTIONS AND CARD PLAY is the best section of the rules. You should read it again. Twice. It answers so many questions.

16. When is the Balrog coming out?

As of August 1998, the Balrog is expected to come out in October. However, a Balrog is never late, he arrives precisely when he means to.
The Balrog was expected to be released in June but ICE changed the packaging from booster packs to a pair of fixed decks and there were other delays, maybe related to their change in distribution schemes, I dont know. Supposedly it went to the printers in May. I think I heard there were print issues in pre production. (There were also print issues when it was released). Later it was said to be delayed until September or October and it will not be playable at Nationals anyway. And more delays: it was pushed back to 2nd or 3rd week of October. But then I don’t think it was released until November 1998.

17. If I Marvels Told a corruption card, do I have to make the corruption check before or after the corruption card is removed?

The corruption card is discarded first because on the Marvels Told card, the effect of discarding the hazard event is listed (written) before the effect of the character making a corruption check. Annotation 24 tells us: If a card specifies that more than one action occurs when the card itself is resolved in a chain of effects, all of these actions are to be resolved in the card's chain of effects uninterrupted and in the order listed on the card. No actions may be declared to occur between these multiple actions. The actions listed on the card are considered to have been declared in the reverse order as they are printed.

18. The CRF says a character can tap to take a corruption card off of another character. Why isn't this errata to the rules?

Nice try! The CRF does not say that a character can tap to take a corruption card off of another character. But foremost there seems to be confusion about what the CRF is and how it works. The Introduction to the CRF specifically states: Some of these clarifications are considered errata to the rules or cards, and are noted as such. The Turn Sequence and Rulings by Term sections are specifically considered clarifications to the rules, and are therefore overridden by card text that specifically does so. The CRF ruling were are discussing is just such a ruling.
The CRF on “corruption” actually states: “A character attempting to remove a corruption card on another character may ignore the tapping requirement and receive -3 to the roll.” This clarification discusses how to handle the situation of a character removing a corruption card on another character, like with Pale Dream Maker, not creating a new allowance to do so. This is a clarification to the Dragons rule on removing corruption and the same rule in the Council of Lorien policy and it applies in situations where a card effect already allows some other character to tap to attempt to remove the corruption card.

19. If I use starter movement from Lorien to Rivendell, can a Cave Wyrm be played on me?

No. There is a card called “Cave Worm” but there is no card “Cave Wyrm.” Cave Worm states that is playable keyed to a bunch of regions, none of which are Wold and Foothills (the region which Lorien is in) or Rhudaur (the region which Rivendell is in). So nothing on the card allows it to be played. Also, the rules on keying creatures (METW p. 42) state, among other options, “The company's site of origin or new site is in a region where the creature's card text says it can be played.” This rule does not allow Cave Worm to be played and none of the other rules are even close to this situation.

20. If you were the netrep, how would you do the job?

I would recognize my position as mere bearer of the rules and I would email my pals Mike and Coleman when there was a real debate to see how the rules work. I would delete everything in the CRF except the errata and clarifications that changed how the game is played and instead I would point to which rule already answers the question. And then I would issue a bunch of junk rulings favoring all of the cards with Tom Bombadil or Shagrat in the card art to give advantages to my own crap decks.
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

Manuel wrote: ↑Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:06 pm 12. For the Balrog of Moria, does the +2 prowess bonus if Galadriel is in Lorien apply to itself?
I would compare the text of Balrog of Moria to the texts of other cards where additional effects, depend on presence in play of Doors of Night, are enumerated and separated from rest.
Examples: Night, From the Pits of Angband, Bûthrakaur the Green.
CDavis7M

Manuel wrote: ↑Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:06 pm The same CoE charter you use in your favor when it's convenient doesn't say the NetRep has to take Ichabod's text.
I didn't know that anyone read the charter but cheers and thanks.

I took the quiz to be more like every other written test I've taken: correct answers are not worth any points without showing your work and the vast majority of points come from issue spotting and analysis.

NetReps answering questions without referencing the rules has led to plenty of confusion.

Some comments:
Manuel wrote: ↑Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:06 pm 1. The CRF says that the hoard goes away immediately (under Rulings by Term) if a Dragon manifestation is defeated, and that it goes away at the end of the turn (under Complete Errata Listing). Which is correct?

A Dragon hoard is defined as being at any site that had a Dragon automatic-attack at the beginning of the turn.
I think the real question was whether you understand how the CRF works -- some things in it are outdated.
Manuel wrote: ↑Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:06 pm 3. Can I assign a strike from Cave Drake to an tapped character?
Assuming you are the player playing the Cave Drake, yes.
I think the point is that the questioner is asking whether the "untapped" strike assignment requirement for the defender also applies to the attack. That is the confusion.
Manuel wrote: ↑Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:06 pm 12. For the Balrog of Moria, does the +2 prowess bonus if Galadriel is in Lorien apply to itself?

First, the +2 prowess bonus applies only if Galadriel is NOT in LĂłrien or if she is not in play. If that's the case, then yes, the +2 bonus would apply to itself.
the "unless galadriel" line is separate from the +2 prowess. The +2 prowess effect does not depend on Galadriel.

----------
Manuel wrote: ↑Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:06 pm Now, can we please move on to the proposal? I've already mentioned that another candidate can step in if the community thinks I'm not good enough for the task. And I've said that we need an official voice for ruling clarifications.
One step forward. Looks like others are reading the charter so maybe there can be legitimacy at some point.
CDavis7M

Konrad Klar wrote: ↑Sun Nov 20, 2022 2:16 pm
Manuel wrote: ↑Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:06 pm8. Can I play Rebuild the Town before the automatic-attack has been faced?
You are not a company.
The Site Phase is a "procedure." A procedure is a series of actions in a certain order. The site phase has 3 steps listing actions that must be taken in order. None of the site phase steps allow for the action of playing Rebuild The Town. Playing Rebuild the Town would be a violation of requirement to "follow this procedure."

We are in the rules forum right? Ok.
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

CDavis7M wrote: ↑Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:33 am
Konrad Klar wrote: ↑Sun Nov 20, 2022 2:16 pm
Manuel wrote: ↑Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:06 pm8. Can I play Rebuild the Town before the automatic-attack has been faced?
You are not a company.
The Site Phase is a "procedure." A procedure is a series of actions in a certain order. The site phase has 3 steps listing actions that must be taken in order. None of the site phase steps allow for the action of playing Rebuild The Town. Playing Rebuild the Town would be a violation of requirement to "follow this procedure."
If you will look on list of procedures that may be taken in organization phase you will not find a time for playing Test of Form.

If you will look on procedures that must be taken in site phase you will not find a time for playing Knowledge of Enemy after facing AAs (before facing agent attack or/and on-guard creature).

The procedures do not say anything about Test of Form, Knowledge of Enemy, but do not forbid a playing them (in site phase: after facing AAs). And restrictions in site phase apply only to the company.
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

CDavis7M wrote: ↑Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:33 am We are in the rules forum right? Ok.
We are not in Rules Questions sub-forum but moderators are sleeping.*

*) memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=2398
CDavis7M

Shh...
The Organization Phase is not a "procedure." The rules on the site phase already covers certain resource cards other than items, allies, factions, and information which state the conditions under which they may be played, like Knowledge of the Enemy. A procedure defines what order certain actions must be taken in and does not prohibit later actions from occurring outside of the procedure as long as the actions that are in the procedure and their order is not violated. Knowledge of the Enemy and Test of Form can be played after actions in Step 3 but actions in Step 3 cannot be taken after playing Knowledge of the Enemy or Test of Form. They are just words with specific meanings.
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

CDavis7M wrote: ↑Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:12 pm Shh...
The Organization Phase is not a "procedure." The rules on the site phase already covers certain resource cards other than items, allies, factions, and information which state the conditions under which they may be played, like Knowledge of the Enemy. A procedure defines what order certain actions must be taken in and does not prohibit later actions from occurring outside of the procedure as long as the actions that are in the procedure and their order is not violated. Knowledge of the Enemy and Test of Form can be played after actions in Step 3 but actions in Step 3 cannot be taken after playing Knowledge of the Enemy or Test of Form. They are just words with specific meanings.
Too much sex may make you myopic :wink: .

Return to “CoE Rules & Errata Community Proposals”