Looking for expedited play testing methods

CDavis7M

Looking for expedited play testing methods

Post by CDavis7M » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:04 pm

Does anyone have experience with solo play testing techniques? I like deck building. But I am having difficulty play testing the deck. Currently I am playing one of the Challenge Decks against my own deck. However, it just takes too long to track my opponent's hazards and resources in addition to my own. I could spend an hour or more and only be a few turns into the game. And it's easy to be confused.

I have been thinking to split and swap the hazard and resource portions of the deck. Say, play my resources against the Challenge deck's hazards, and the other way as well. I could play 4 or 5 card hands on either side, similar to a solitaire scenario. Of course, this leaves out the interaction of my own hazard long events, and any interference by opposing characters. But at least the games should be shorter and it'd be more manageable to keep everything in order.

Then I would need to track turns vs MP progress to see how successful the deck is. Any suggestions or insight would be appreciated.

Last edited by CDavis7M on Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yegor

Re: Looking for expedited play testing methods

Post by Yegor » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:09 am

CDavis7M wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:04 pm
I have been thinking to split and swap the hazard and resource portions of the deck. Say, play my resources against the Challenge deck's hazards, and the other way as well. I could play 4 or 5 card hands on either side, similar to a solitaire scenario. Of course, this leaves out the interaction of my own hazard long events, and any interference by opposing characters. But at least the games should be shorter and it'd be more manageable to keep everything in order.
That's actually what the official solo rules suggest.
And that's the way I play.

Return to “Solitaire Games”